Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Tsunayoshi Sawada = Weak Character Development for a Main Character

What if Pinocchio said..."My nose will now grow?" apedro.stb's Avatar

Default Tsunayoshi Sawada = Weak Character Development for a Main Character

409 chapters have passed and what changed in Tsuna?

Sure, he now knows how to fight and at least he`s determined to fight for his friend`s sake (this is shounen, afterall -.-);

Granted, he now has friends.

But what about the rest? He still is ridiculously weak without the Vongola Ring, sucks at school, is weak without Reborn, hasn't confessed at all and therefore doesn`t have a girlfriend.

And the most important thing, which is this manga`s "Raison d'tre": Tsuna`s saga to become the next Vongola Boss.

So much stuff happened to him and to the people he cared about and he still acts the same way he did in the first chapter! I find that outrageous, c`mon... one thing would be him declining because he wouldn`t be able to carry out the job properly; however, that`s clearly not the case here: he underwent some training, he developed his skills and created a group sort of similar to Vongola Primo`s.

WHY THE F*CK WOULD HE STILL REFUSE AT THE END?!

Is it just me or do you feel the same way? I think Amano could have worked his character better. After all, she had 409 chapters to do it.

You are entirely correct, but don't tell the fanboys and yaoi fangirls who populate this area that. They abhor logic. The ending rendered this entire manga trash. It can be summarized thus:

1) Tsuna; the socially inept, clumsy, timid and weak child is informed he is to be Vongola's next Mafia boss, and infinitely declines.

2) Power-Up.

3) Power-Up.

4) Insert friendship speech here.

5) Power-Up.

6) Insert friendship speech here.

7) Insert stereotypical and trite resolutions.

8) Tsuna; the socially inept, clumsy, timid and somewhat-strong child is informed he is to be Vongola's next Mafia boss, and infinitely declines. Oh, and he has some more friends from all of those ridiculous speeches.

You can't tell me that shit doesn't blow. Very little if anything at all changed in Tsuna's disposition and he's the same kid from the beginning. 400 chapters of senseless Shonen nonsense. In actuality it should have finished at chapter 10 with an ending like this.

Loves Tsuna and Hibiki. Kit Nightwalker's Avatar

Yeah, he did have some pretty weak development in the end. Barely anything about him changed, which was a bit disappointing. But, who can say it wasn't at least slightly expected? Regardless I still adore him for what he is, but really Amano, you could have done better with your final chapter. It was like 409 chapters of absolutely nothing being accomplished.

Oh well, what's done is done. *shrug*
    Avatar drawn by Pard of Subeta, character belongs to me.

Also known as Jasper Moon, Xen, Tsu, Tsunaswife, and Ring.

You can find me on these sites:
    DeviantArt | Squiby | GaiaOnline | Subeta | Tumblr
    Want to contact me on any of the last three? PM me for my username.

Married to Tsuna, Hibiki Kuze, and Amaimon. Deal with it. B)

yeah, this is what i don't like about the end. why is he still refuse to become the vongola 10th after everything that he had done and been through. so, over all, he doesn't change a bit. true that he got some friends but that's it. he should at least improve about the sport thingy because reborn sometimes thought him about the physical strenght right?
    QWERTYUIOPASDFGHJKLZXCVBNM

Has a Few Faves

Well, at some point he seemed to be pretty well developed, looking like a real boss convincing everyone. I really like this part.

http://mangafox.me/manga/kateikyoush...BD/c392/6.html

I don't understand why Amano decided to end the whole thing with showing Tsuna remaining the same too. He did changed a lot for the better along with the story, it's like Amano is denying her own effort.

Tsuna is bullshit. I put up with his shitty ass for 409 chapters just waiting for him to get some development, but in the end, he gets none.

This manga goes in the bin for me.

Has a Few Faves

Honestly, when ya get down to it. This is Twilight in Manga form, think about it. The author pretty much goes
    Author: LOOK AT THE HOT BOYS!
    Reader: but...What about character development
    Author: NEVER MIND! LOOK AT THE HOT BOYS!
    Reader: But...What about the plotholes....
    Author: FORGET THAT! HOT BOYS!

It doesn't help that this was written by a female (don't wanna sound sexist, but does anyone remember Prince of Tennis? Written by a female, same story: no character development, super powers from the ass, hot boys for yaoi fangirl fan fic/art fantasy)

This manga was a some o'bullshit from the start, but it descended into '**** you' territory so fast, and then goes back to some o'bullshit because of how hilariously incompetent it is

The whole idea is great but wasted till the very end.
    It's absolutely true that she did nothing to develop her character to the fullest.
    Dame Tsuna ends up being dame Tsuna

Quote Originally Posted by sisMoon View Post
    Well, at some point he seemed to be pretty well developed, looking like a real boss convincing everyone. I really like this part.

http://mangafox.me/manga/kateikyoush...BD/c392/6.html

I don't understand why Amano decided to end the whole thing with showing Tsuna remaining the same too. He did changed a lot for the better along with the story, it's like Amano is denying her own effort.
    LOL

Anyways, I was so disappointed with the ending

WHY~!!! This was actually one of the mangas I really love & adore but after reading Inheritance Ceremony Arc
    I was left speechless O.O

IT'S ALL BEEN TROLLS!!!!
    Did I-Did I- DID I WASTED MY TIME READING 409 CHAPTERS OF NONSENSE?! Q O Q
    What the heck! Why!!!!

-headbanging-
    Last edited by 27tsuna; 11-09-2012 at 11:30 AM.

A HAIPARUEIJI CLAN MEMBER thundertamerkasumi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kanashe View Post
    Honestly, when ya get down to it. This is Twilight in Manga form, think about it. The author pretty much goes
    Author: LOOK AT THE HOT BOYS!
    Reader: but...What about character development
    Author: NEVER MIND! LOOK AT THE HOT BOYS!
    Reader: But...What about the plotholes....
    Author: FORGET THAT! HOT BOYS!

It doesn't help that this was written by a female (don't wanna sound sexist, but does anyone remember Prince of Tennis? Written by a female, same story: no character development, super powers from the ass, hot boys for yaoi fangirl fan fic/art fantasy)

This manga was a some o'bullshit from the start, but it descended into '**** you' territory so fast, and then goes back to some o'bullshit because of how hilariously incompetent it is
    ano...prince of tennis is written by a male.

Page 1 of 13 12311 ... LastLast