Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: [Kamisama Hajimemashita] Second Season for Anime?

Sky is the limit. witchhuntress's Avatar

As much as it saddens me that it's only 13 episodes, we can only hope for a second season. We'll see when the anime ends if it happens or not, but even if it doesn't, the manga will always be there. Even if it would be nice to see everything animated and colored, the manga...has a lot of details that could have been fleshed out in anime.

The Phoenix Fairy Otaku AnimePhoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shiny View Post
    Also to add - there's also kid's shows like Precure, Jewelpet, Yumeiro Patissiere that relies almost completley on merchandise (toys/games/dolls) for revenue instead of DVD sales.

Also consider the target audience for HanaYume, the magazine KH is serialized in. Its target demographic is Junior High and High School girls. Now think about it - where the heck does an average 16 year old girl get the money to shell out essentially ~$37 per episode of an anime - and also, for a 13 episode series, that's almost ~$500 for a whole DVD set (~$650 if bluray).

I posted somewhere on the forums about the manga sales - yes the most recent volume released (volume 14) did have a jump in sales, but it's nothing outstanding. (like ~20,000 more than usual? I can't remember)
    but then where do otome fans and BL fans get their money? XD That's something I've always wondered.I knnow BL fans have people in the above 20 age group but not all that much.

Oh and volume 14 sold 70k..about 30 30k more than usual....not enough to be considered a profit especially if the anime sales are bad. Oh and did I mention that the first volume of the anime is heavily discounted? But even with that, and a free drama CD, rankings are not good. imagine how the second volume will sell then!

anime sales estimation:
    http://www27392u.sakura.ne.jp/index_news.cgi

I should also mention that the other shoujo anime this season's sales so far:
    Tonari no kaibutsu-kun will probably sell 1000 copies average.
    Sukitte Ii Na Yo will probably not even sell 300 copies average....very, very sad.
    Kamisama Hajimemashita will probably sell 2500 copies average.

Quote Originally Posted by juju84 View Post
    This is so true.ve nothing against BL anime since I'm the fan myself but Otome anime sucks! Take for example Uta no prince-sama and Hiiro no Kakera. They are so boring and the main heroine is so annoying! Instead of making 2nd season to these two the y should make at least one more for Kamisama Hajimemashita!
    Do people really like Hiiro no Kakera and Utapri this much!!!!
    Yep, they do love them very much. Hiiro no Kakera didn't sell well in anime but the game sales went up.
    Uta Pri sold 20k per volume....think about it! 20,000 per volume! that is like a milestone!!! And one volume even sold 25,000 copies!
    Next, hakuouki....hakuouki sold 15k for its first season. 12k for its second season and 25k for its OVAs.
    next La Corda D'oro sold 6,500 copies average.
    next, kuroko no basuke(you won't believe me but this has a lot of BL fans in Japan) is selling 25,000 copies per volume. And the OVA is projected to sell over 30,000 copies.

See where I'm getting at? :/
    Quote Originally Posted by xLeviathan View Post
    haha ikr! shoujo animes always get shortchanged....

Special A too man, that one got cut so badly i felt like crying. LOL
    Special A sold so badly...probably 300-400 copies per volume.
    Quote Originally Posted by xLeviathan View Post
    haha ikr! shoujo animes always get shortchanged....

Special A too man, that one got cut so badly i felt like crying. LOL
    Last edited by AnimePhoenix; 11-11-2012 at 03:30 PM.

"Join Phoenix Serenade Scans! Shoujo romance manga are waiting for you! And did I mention bishies? We are recruiting J->E translators at the moment! Send us an email here: phoenixserenade@gmail.com and visit our website: www.psscans.info

Has a Few Faves

Quote Originally Posted by AnimePhoenix View Post
    Yep, they do love them very much. Hiiro no Kakera didn't sell well in anime but the game sales went up.
    Uta Pri sold 20k per volume....think about it! 20,000 per volume! that is like a milestone!!! And one volume even sold 25,000 copies!
    Next, hakuouki....hakuouki sold 15k for its first season. 12k for its second season and 25k for its OVAs.
    next La Corda D'oro sold 6,500 copies average.
    next, kuroko no basuke(you won't believe me but this has a lot of BL fans in Japan) is selling 25,000 copies per volume. And the OVA is projected to sell over 30,000 copies.

See where I'm getting at? :/

I do see! But it's sad really. At least Hakuoki, La C'Orda D'Oro and Kuroko no Basuke are pretty ok. But Hiiro no Kakera and Utapri are completely boring.
    And Special A has twice as much episodes as KH.
    Last edited by juju84; 11-11-2012 at 04:51 PM.

And that is the ugly truth !! :( Urgh, no matter how hard we try we will never get what we want!! xD
    I wish I was able to change this fact! I really love kamisama and I'd want a second season too but the truth is I guess the truth?! LOL. I don't make sense, pardon me. I'm just upset xD

Quote Originally Posted by FeefooMM View Post
    And that is the ugly truth !! :( Urgh, no matter how hard we try we will never get what we want!! xD
    I wish I was able to change this fact! I really love kamisama and I'd want a second season too but the truth is I guess the truth?! LOL. I don't make sense, pardon me. I'm just upset xD
    I don't blame you. I get upset about this everyday. I have no life lol. I always cringe everyday because of no shoujo manga-anime.

"Join Phoenix Serenade Scans! Shoujo romance manga are waiting for you! And did I mention bishies? We are recruiting J->E translators at the moment! Send us an email here: phoenixserenade@gmail.com and visit our website: www.psscans.info

Anime Phoenix; I understand the purpose and reasoning for the anime possibly getting cut off. I'm not saying that I don't understand the marketing process, I definitely do. But regardless, I still want a second season of this anime. xD There's nothing I can do. Even if you wanted to support the anime/manga, it's difficult to even buy it from outside Japan without it being extremely costly (you must consider shipping of course), untimely, or giving no royalty check to the actual company selling them. I'm sure you can buy them off e-bay/amazon... but that doesn't really go to the company so they can't record the sale making matters even worse.

I think it's wrong of you to assume that Japanese girls (some boys like shoujo!) simply aren't interested. Let's face it, the economy worldwide has been only so-so. America's coming of a recession, the UK (with one of the best off currencies at the moment) is coming out of a recession, and Japan itself has had it's struggles too no doubt (the yen is only worth .79 of a British pound sterling), just a quick google search of the Japanese economy will come up with their fears of recession and economy problems. I think it is best to assume that there are a combination of problems behind the manga/anime issue. A bad recession in general means the whole market takes a blow, including the entertainment market. Look at the US, our theater prices have almost doubled with the most recent recession, and of course this means there isn't going to be as many sales and they'll have to raise prices in food for example and ticket prices. This is just an example of course, but you get the idea.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I think one of the other issues besides a lack of interest could very well be the Japanese economy. You cannot assume the interests of the entire population of Japan. Even with marketing polls and statistics, it doesn't really show all possible reasons without a bit of research and careful consideration of what causes might have had the drop in the purchases of shoujo manga.

Also, regarding the rise in BL and Otome purchases. I've looked up information on this itself, BL is just the newest novelty that's hit the market so to speak. While it's soaring at the moment, it's sort of like how there was a soar in josei manga. It becomes very popular and naturally will fall again. As far as Otome goes, I imagine you have to buy that would you not? If you wanted to play it, you'd have to buy it. It's not like an anime you can simple watch on television. There must be a purchase involved.

I don't think AnimePhoenix even stated that there was a lack of interest. If anything, there's lots of interest, just not the financial ability to fund that interest.
    And where did you get the information that there's a drop in the purchase of shoujo manga? If anything, its been constant and stable. (with the exception of manga-turned-to-anime series; then those get a jump in sales from all the promotions).

Just think of the fujioshis as the female equivalent of the more male stereotyped otaku. If they have money, they will spend it on w/e they want.

as for Otome game purchases; Octoberstorm is right in that in order to play the game (and choose the desired man-route ^0^) you need to buy the game and play it. And purchasing a game is much more affordable than forking over ~$500 for a DVD set.

It pretty much depends on how much money a person has, and what they are willing to spend it on /o/

And besides TMS Entertainment isn't known for their high budget series. They're more known for their neverending kid series like Conan and... that one card game show. If anything, the production values for KH have been consistently high, with a few dips in animation (but thats normal). So not sure where the information comes from that states that KH has a low budget. If anything, its the same budget thats on par with their other series?

Shiny; She did imply it, though I was certain she originally stated something along the lines of lacking interest. It looks like the post has been edited since I last read it, so it's hard to say, perhaps I read too much into it. Nonetheless, while I can read all the numbers and statistics she's throwing out there, I can't help but wonder... if it's all relative. I mean, a certain number of sales doesn't necessarily equate to success, especially not with a recession. Generally in a recession everyone loses out some, that is just expected...

Quote Originally Posted by AnimePhoenix View Post
    I don't blame you. I get upset about this everyday. I have no life lol. I always cringe everyday because of no shoujo manga-anime.
    Hehe, I'm kind of comfortable to know I'm not the only one in the world who feels this way xD "Why no shoujo manga-anime"? The question I ask everyday lol.
    That's why I was actually a bit surprised when they released sukitte iinayo, tonrai no kaibutsu kun and kamisama hajimemashita as an anime! It was like too good to be true! Well, the bright side is even if they will all consist of 12 episode only, at least IT IS BETTER THAN NOTHING! so let's just bear with it

Quote Originally Posted by octoberstormxx View Post
    Anime Phoenix; I understand the purpose and reasoning for the anime possibly getting cut off. I'm not saying that I don't understand the marketing process, I definitely do. But regardless, I still want a second season of this anime. xD There's nothing I can do. Even if you wanted to support the anime/manga, it's difficult to even buy it from outside Japan without it being extremely costly (you must consider shipping of course), untimely, or giving no royalty check to the actual company selling them. I'm sure you can buy them off e-bay/amazon... but that doesn't really go to the company so they can't record the sale making matters even worse.
    You can buy from Amazon Japan or Personal Shopper Japan and it does count but like you said its very, very expensive. >_< As far as shipping goes, definitely.

[/quote]I think it's wrong of you to assume that Japanese girls (some boys like shoujo!) simply aren't interested. Let's face it, the economy worldwide has been only so-so. America's coming of a recession, the UK (with one of the best off currencies at the moment) is coming out of a recession, and Japan itself has had it's struggles too no doubt (the yen is only worth .79 of a British pound sterling), just a quick google search of the Japanese economy will come up with their fears of recession and economy problems. I think it is best to assume that there are a combination of problems behind the manga/anime issue. A bad recession in general means the whole market takes a blow, including the entertainment market. Look at the US, our theater prices have almost doubled with the most recent recession, and of course this means there isn't going to be as many sales and they'll have to raise prices in food for example and ticket prices. This is just an example of course, but you get the idea.[/quote]

I do get the idea. But the thing is, shoujo anime sales were always like this. They never really sold well. Even in the time of Ouran or Special A or Earl and Fairy, they didn't sell well, well before the recession. Its because the audience are mostly TV viewers who prefer to watch it on TV. But the thing is, what happened in recent times. Before, shoujo anime used to air in Japan during the day and TV rankings were what drove shoujo anime....but nowadays they all air at night. :( Its been replaced with kids shoujo like Precure or jewelpet. Like someone said earlier, for them, DVD sales don't matter. Its their TV ranking and merchandise which matters. Kid's shows have replaced shoujo anime.

Basically, what I'm trying to say is, I think one of the other issues besides a lack of interest could very well be the Japanese economy. You cannot assume the interests of the entire population of Japan. Even with marketing polls and statistics, it doesn't really show all possible reasons without a bit of research and careful consideration of what causes might have had the drop in the purchases of shoujo manga.
    I didn't say the entire population! There are still those 1000 people who buy it right? I'm sorry, I should have explained what I said. I meant Japanese girls aren't interested in buying the anime. They prefer to watch it on TV. And shoujo manga sales haven't dropped at all. Can you tell me where you found that out? :O
    What I meant was, shoujo manga to anime fans are usually the ones who watch it on TV. Its always been that way. But like I said above, things have changed in the last few years. Now, its BD and DVD sales that matter since TV rankings during the night do not matter.

Also, regarding the rise in BL and Otome purchases. I've looked up information on this itself, BL is just the newest novelty that's hit the market so to speak. While it's soaring at the moment, it's sort of like how there was a soar in josei manga. It becomes very popular and naturally will fall again. As far as Otome goes, I imagine you have to buy that would you not? If you wanted to play it, you'd have to buy it. It's not like an anime you can simple watch on television. There must be a purchase involved.
    I thought Otome and BL have been there for quite a while. O_O And you know, not all BL sell either. Sekaiichi and Junjou Romantica sold less than 4k. Brave 10, Miracle Train, Kat-un, Irokoi Romantan, Amatsuki to name a few were huge bombs. And the new Project K is currently averaging less than 4k as well.
    Either they don't want to buy it and prefer to watch it on TV or they can't afford it. But I think its mainly the former. Because the recession sure didn't affect the fujoshi buying KuroBas, UtaPri and Hakuouki.
    Quote Originally Posted by octoberstormxx View Post
    Shiny; She did imply it, though I was certain she originally stated something along the lines of lacking interest. It looks like the post has been edited since I last read it, so it's hard to say, perhaps I read too much into it. Nonetheless, while I can read all the numbers and statistics she's throwing out there, I can't help but wonder... if it's all relative. I mean, a certain number of sales doesn't necessarily equate to success, especially not with a recession. Generally in a recession everyone loses out some, that is just expected...
    well, if that is so, what about recent otaku anime like high school dxd, haiyore nyaruko-san, oreimo and Haganai? Those sold 6-10k and are all getting sequels. At least in my perspective, I think its a success. XD The recession did hit, but cost of an anime hasn't increased since before the recession. And GUNDAM was selling 100k per disc before the recession and its selling 125k AFTER the recession.
    Last edited by AnimePhoenix; 11-14-2012 at 10:46 AM.

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast