Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this manga as dark as Puella Madoka Magica?

Default Is this manga as dark as Puella Madoka Magica?

I came upon this manga because it says that its a spin off and set in a world like the canon. Im hoping to see the same things that made me fall in love with the anime -the dark beautiful story
    It says on the genre that it is a horror, drama, slice of life which made my hopes up.

I just read the first chapter and god, it was so awful it hurts. The plot does not takes itself seriously, its like the typical magical girl genre. With less comedy and even less creativity. The humanity of the characters from the canon was also nowhere to be found in here. Just some girl who claims to have amnesia yet trusts people so carelessly and able to fight so fluid

Its too early to judge because im still in Chap 2. But before i continue, allow me to ask, will I find the same dark beautiful elements of Puella Madoka Magi in this story or not?
    If not then I will not waste my time anymore.

A Page Flipper

you will find the dark beutifule elements and more

You most certainly will kazumi is, if not more dark that madoka magica. I must say it does start off weird but you have to read more to figure out what's going on.

N3wb

As Dark? Haha no, it's not as dark as Madoka. It's STINKING BETTER . It does start off slow, but don't worry, this is the farthest I've ever gotten from the original Magical Girl Formula.

This is the only manga I find worth reading now and the only one I can undeniably recommend to anyone.
    To that, I say that you should read it. Join us and the people we've gotten to read this in our monthly wait for more confusion and epicness

Just to be more specific than the rest, the manga starts making connections to the series during chapter 4.

Ziska is my waifu Looking for H's Avatar

Even more. And this apply for Madoka' s manga too, is more gory and dark.

Though it has more gore, that doesn't necessarily make it darker. Unfortunately, Kazumi Magica just tries too hard to be like Madoka, and ends up with a weaker cast and bizarre plot twists. Madoka's story was simpler, but its simplicity allowed for a smoother flowing story and deeper philosophical dilemmas. Madoka's characters were much more realistic and easier to care about, making what happened to them all the more tragic. Kazumi has too many characters and not enough time to flesh them out. If I don't really know the characters, I can't really care about them.

A Page Flipper Riful_of_the_West's Avatar

It is around the same amount of darkness as PMMM. I'm really enjoying this manga. I do wish they delved into some of the characters a little more. Other than that, it is perfect for me!

Quote Originally Posted by BananaAna View Post
    Though it has more gore, that doesn't necessarily make it darker. Unfortunately, Kazumi Magica just tries too hard to be like Madoka, and ends up with a weaker cast and bizarre plot twists. Madoka's story was simpler, but its simplicity allowed for a smoother flowing story and deeper philosophical dilemmas. Madoka's characters were much more realistic and easier to care about, making what happened to them all the more tragic. Kazumi has too many characters and not enough time to flesh them out. If I don't really know the characters, I can't really care about them.
    Wow, you just summed up most of my feelings for Kazumi perfectly.

If anything, it's even darker than it's predecessor.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast