Thread: the plot is a bit inconsistent

N3wb

Default the plot is a bit inconsistent

I don't understand why the kids with iris hate toru. The first generation of japan iris babies was from 27 years ago, then their fathers haven't iris, so if they hate the people without iris, they hate their fathers and the majority of adults, but it doesn't seems the case. In the other hand i would consider more credible the kids hating the adults and they being together all the time, because the adults treating them like monsters or something like that.

Please excuse my poor english, it's not my native language.

I have to agree. I think the idea was that they see themselves as a gifted generation where great power is common place so anyone who lacks this power is like a relic of the past who doesn't belong. But I find it hard to believe EVERYONE would act like this. I mean from what we have seen of his past just about every last person is the school rejected him just because he didn't have an iris and it's not like they misunderstood him and didn't know what he was like. Before everyone knew he was an Iris Zero everyone talked and got along with him just fine. But they find out he is an iris Zero and suddenly he doesn't have a friend in the world?

Like you said most adults don't have Irises so it isn't like those without them are complete freaks. I can understand some discrimination against Iris Zeros for reasons I just mentioned but the level of it and the way it is portrayed feels like a contrived plot device.

I think the hatred of people to other people without an Iris is only to people within those generations who are, as said, have an Iris. I mean, they only hate people like Torou who are supposed to have an Iris too, their parents are different, they weren't born when Iris began so they have no fault or something. But yes, I agree this hatred to the different from us is stupid but you can also see it in real life, gives a little sense of realism here, don't you think?

One of The Followers

Most children don't regard their Parents as "equals". They don't really compare themselves to them. In fact, many people will be offended when someone compares them to their parents.

And it's not like this is the first time people are getting persecuted for being different in an entirely inconsequential way.

with consistency or not, i believe this manga works genius. it buries down its inconsistency.... just read thoroughly u'l appreciate it more than you do now

A Page Flipper

I am afraid you completely missed the point. Fat kids get bullied at school, but kids don't bully their fat parents in the same way. The reason why kids gang up on others is very primal and very common in practically every social primate. It is the instinct of establishing a pecking order. Young kids especially teenagers are basically no different from monkeys in this regard (an in fact many other regards too). Same thing with kids that wear glasses or have unusual hair. It makes no difference in adults, but kids get picked on for it.

I think you are probably confusing racism. Tooru is not hated because he has no iris, but because he should have an iris. He is in other words "abnormal". The other children therefore treat him as abnormal and as an outcast. His lack of iris is seen as weakness and hence the other children place him in their minds on the bottom of the pecking order. That means he the natural target for bullying. At the same time you have to remember that kids come to depend on their iris and fear losing it. That fear is exacerbated by tooru's presence. The natural thing to think for humans is that there is something wrong with him and that might perhaps be contagious. So they avoid him on an instinctive level too. He is seen as both abnormal and dangerous.

The same conditions however don't apply to the adults and in any case children don't really bully adults.

You are also not paying attention to everything. It is very clear from what the teachers say and what we know of other adults that the relations between iris-less adults and children are strained. There is a very wide gap in understanding between the iris generation and the previous one, that makes relationships uncomfortable. This is clearly not something the authors missed.

A Loyalist To Ranks Nightdragon8's Avatar

I would like to also add that because of his early life experinces he doesn't want to get involved with people unless its the save there life. Which he has proven in the past, and was really able to gain his first friend. And his Friend was also a soical outcast, because he was more withdrawn and really it was toru that ended up breaking that, in that he was able to.

Bullying has no real "rime or reason" they aren't getting better educated because of it, in some cases they are getting money, or more food because of it.

Looking for Good Manga Recommendations ZeroSharingan's Avatar

But they bully the Iris Zero for only one reason,, no Iris

A Page Flipper

IMO the plot is quite decent itself. It creates an unique main character by making everyone else abnormal.

They bully the Iris Zero because he is a "weirdo". Being different from the others or the majority can lead to being bullied.

it get me bored somehow readin this manga ..