Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Monet for new nakama

Level One Otaku

Default Monet for new nakama

I think its high time that the Straw Hats get a new nakama. And Monet seems to fit the bill for Straw Hat weirdness. Also the fact the Doflamingo threatened to kill her if anything happens to Caesar Clown. This might be what makes her join the crew.

She might reveal how afraid of Doflamingo she is and given how Luffy doesn't like people who threaten there own nakama vows to defeat Doflamingo. Monet out of gratefulness might join believing Luffy could protect her and ultimately free her from Doflamingo.

One of The Followers

Quote Originally Posted by unknownOnePieceFan View Post
    I think its high time that the Straw Hats get a new nakama. And Monet seems to fit the bill for Straw Hat weirdness. Also the fact the Doflamingo threatened to kill her if anything happens to Caesar Clown. This might be what makes her join the crew.

She might reveal how afraid of Doflamingo she is and given how Luffy doesn't like people who threaten there own nakama vows to defeat Doflamingo. Monet out of gratefulness might join believing Luffy could protect her and ultimately free her from Doflamingo.
    thats a very interesting idea but its seems too alabasta like doesnt it? warlord and deadly damsel (robin) who is being threatened. i have no objections to her joining but it would seem like a repeat.

on hiatus ^^

There's so many fans guessing this too~
    if she will join the crew,that's is really awesome,
    if not,maybe another good one will come..but,I wish the next nakama should be a girl ^^

Has a Few Faves

Honestly, I wouldn't want more members to be added to the crew. There have been so many suggestions; Jinbei, Monet, Sabo, Hancock, Shirahoshi, I think I saw a Aokiji as well.

I'm sorry but I think the series has already established the crew that will reach One Piece in the end of the series. These guys have already been through hell during the Paradise half of the Grand Line. They were all separated right before going to the New World and they all waited two years before reuniting to get stronger and they all entered the New World together. How will an additional crew be included so easily without having gone through the same turmoil the rest of the crew went through?

The way I see it, I think the Straw Hats will establish themselves as one of the top crews in the New World and they will start picking up territories. Starting with Fishmen Island. And Jinbei will be connected with the crew somehow but more towards as an ally. Jinbei will protect the island in the name of the Straw Hats. I think the same will go for Kinemon if they ever make it to Wano Country together.

The reason why I like One Piece is because when they add characters to the series that will be more than just recurring, they really keep the emphasis on those characters. Remember Dragon Ball Z? Goku met so many characters throughout the series that characters that were adored by fans ended up becoming weak and obsolete overtime and made them look bad. How would we like it if we truly did forget about Usopp? Oda really knew how to make the current crew members special and the thought of adding someone as powerful as Jinbie to the crew sounds like overkill. Should we now have the Monster Quartette or will Jinbie be weaker than them? Both of those options sounds distasteful in my opinion.

Its still going to be great even without an Addition of new nakama.
    But if a new nakama comes, then take it!

how bout the girl that tried to kill DD?

1st Division Commander xXMarco The PhoenixXx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbsoluteProhpet View Post
    Honestly, I wouldn't want more members to be added to the crew. There have been so many suggestions; Jinbei, Monet, Sabo, Hancock, Shirahoshi, I think I saw a Aokiji as well.

I'm sorry but I think the series has already established the crew that will reach One Piece in the end of the series. These guys have already been through hell during the Paradise half of the Grand Line. They were all separated right before going to the New World and they all waited two years before reuniting to get stronger and they all entered the New World together. How will an additional crew be included so easily without having gone through the same turmoil the rest of the crew went through?

The way I see it, I think the Straw Hats will establish themselves as one of the top crews in the New World and they will start picking up territories. Starting with Fishmen Island. And Jinbei will be connected with the crew somehow but more towards as an ally. Jinbei will protect the island in the name of the Straw Hats. I think the same will go for Kinemon if they ever make it to Wano Country together.

The reason why I like One Piece is because when they add characters to the series that will be more than just recurring, they really keep the emphasis on those characters. Remember Dragon Ball Z? Goku met so many characters throughout the series that characters that were adored by fans ended up becoming weak and obsolete overtime and made them look bad. How would we like it if we truly did forget about Usopp? Oda really knew how to make the current crew members special and the thought of adding someone as powerful as Jinbie to the crew sounds like overkill. Should we now have the Monster Quartette or will Jinbie be weaker than them? Both of those options sounds distasteful in my opinion.
    Luffy said in chapter 1 that he wants to have AT LEAST 10 crewmates. Right now he only has 8, so we can expect AT LEAST 2 more before the end of the series. Also Blackbeard has 10 crewmembers and the Blackbeard pirates are pretty much the anti-strawhats, so you can expect by the time they have their final fight that they will have the same amount of members.

Personally, I think that Monet is gonna join Laws crew.

So basically...

-Replace Robin with Monet.
    -Replace Alabasta with Punk Hazzard.
    -Replace Crocodile with Caesar Clown.

Then, 100-150 chapters later...

-Replace Robin with Monet (again).
    -Replace Enies Lobby with Dressrosa.
    -Replace Spandam/Spandine with Doflamingo.

Profit, amirite?

Level One Otaku Bohemian Rhapsody's Avatar

I also see Monet fitting the bill on being a straw hat member. One asset of her is that she can fly. Which no straw hat member can do. Disregarding Sanji since it's Geppou. And I'm pretty sure her Devil Fruit power is Snow Snow fruit

1st Division Commander xXMarco The PhoenixXx's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bohemian Rhapsody View Post
    I also see Monet fitting the bill on being a straw hat member. One asset of her is that she can fly. Which no straw hat member can do. Disregarding Sanji since it's Geppou. And I'm pretty sure her Devil Fruit power is Snow Snow fruit
    Robin can fly now too lol. Monet is too similar to Robin, i would prefer her to join laws crew then to be a double of Robin in the strawhats.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast