Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Kanzaki Nao Discussion Thread

Default Kanzaki Nao Discussion Thread

after read Liar game: the roots of A (TRoA) and the recent chapter, i finally realized (and maybe hope) about the possibility that Nao maybe grow to have similar character with the current Akiyama. Not about honesty part, I mean, it's about the deduction or how to judge people around her. In TRoA#2, the current Nao somehow like the past akiyama (minus his intelligence) that refuse to doubt people. what do think about this?

Well, after all, i just glad that Nao grow from foolishly honest into smartly honest.

i don't know if there's a thread like this before and i'm too lazy to scroll all the 21 pages list of thread. Remove this thread if there's another older like this one. Sorry for my bad english.

One of The Followers

To me it looks like Nao is taking a different path than Akiyama, which is why she can arrive to certain conclusions that Akiyama himself can't. And that path might be equally powerful, if not even more so than his.
    Basically, Akiyama has a LOT of book knowledge coupled with his high intellect. On the other hand Kanzaki Nao is doing her best to doubt others while trying to understand why people act the way they do. Akiyama's "cup" is already full while Nao's is just starting to fill a bit, which is good, since she can learn things naturally without being too focused on anthropological profiles established by other people, known scams, schemes and whatnot like Akiyama is. Currently they're both about equally important and they each serve a different, yet complementary, purpose.

From what i've read in the latest chapter, she has gotten really good. I'd say she's at Akiyama's 50% level.
    I'm pleased by this, I was tired of her being always "omg no way!" and crying at every turn, and instead has decided that sometimes you have to get a little dirty and really show how good a person you are.

Has a Few Faves

Really?? I'm in the middle of volume 3, and I'm thinking of giving up this series simply because the female lead is annoying me so much. ARGHHH!! Why can she only cry??!! She doesn't even THINK about using her brain! I don't think she's honest- I think she's somewhat cowardly. All she does is sit there, passively letting others help her, relying on others, not even standing on her own two feet at least one. She is definitely foolish. I have nothing against honesty. I have nothing against good virtue. In fact, I thrive in it. Love it. But she's not showing good virtue. She's running away from it all, lying to herself, telling her its hopeless before even trying.
    Ok, rant, over. I look forward to any opposition to my comments, as it will indicate that this character will improve. Merci!

A Page Flipper

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli Lioness View Post
    Really?? I'm in the middle of volume 3, and I'm thinking of giving up this series simply because the female lead is annoying me so much. ARGHHH!! Why can she only cry??!! She doesn't even THINK about using her brain! I don't think she's honest- I think she's somewhat cowardly. All she does is sit there, passively letting others help her, relying on others, not even standing on her own two feet at least one. She is definitely foolish. I have nothing against honesty. I have nothing against good virtue. In fact, I thrive in it. Love it. But she's not showing good virtue. She's running away from it all, lying to herself, telling her its hopeless before even trying.
    Ok, rant, over. I look forward to any opposition to my comments, as it will indicate that this character will improve. Merci!
    I'm not going to type up some long response, but you should know, she gets better.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazuli Lioness View Post
    my thought was the same as you at first. But, don't worry and keep reading, cause around chapter 40, nao will develop much more...

Has a Few Faves leftbrainrightmind's Avatar

There isn't anyone here who wasn't annoyed at first. But like everybody else said, she WILL improve and she will learn.
    Actually, her character development is interesting and highly educational. Some of the things that have been said in this manga inspired me.

And yes, at some point, she will discover that she has a brain, and use it (although, she certainly is far from having an impressive IQ). She will also start to realize that being foolishly honest is not good enough. She will be useseful in her honesty. And sometimes, she will even surprise us with one or two ingenious plans.

Just assume this is the story of her revolution.

And if it does not convince you, there will be plenty of more interesting games and characters to come.

Has a Few Faves

Haha, I didn't expect myself to eat my words so soon. I just finished up to the updated vol 15, and I have to admit she HAS improved ^.^. Well actually the revelation that her character improved probably came after I finished my rant ^.^''' *sweat drops*

She's getting a little more intuitive people! Yay! All thanks to Akiyama and the Liar Games. She's improved quite a bit.
    pudding+me=happiness

N3wb

ive read up to chapter 80., and she still annoys me as hell., she learns really slow and kinda stupid.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast