View Poll Results: Should Seo bring KNIM to an end?

Voters
589. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

445 75.55%
  • No

144 24.45%
Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Should the Curtain fall on KNIM?

Default Should the Curtain fall on KNIM?

Well as the Poll question asks, Should KNIM be brought to an end already?

Of course when I say that I mean that Seo will do the "Final Arc" and end the story for good. This presupposes that it won't be one chapter and then it end. Rather Seo will start a final arc to tie up the loose ends and bring the series to a proper close.

=======================

Personal thoughts, I for one think that Seo should End KNIM already. I liked the story a lot during the Hiroshima Chapters and despite my frustrations with Haruto in the Tokyo Arc I still found myself eager to read the chapters. Lately though it just seems to be gag chapter after gag chapter.

I for one have nothing really against gag chapters, I think they can provide a much needed break from a series but this works best when they are placed properly. In KNIM, they basically have taken over. What was once a Romance/Slice of Life Manga is not seemingly more of a Gag manga.

There seems to be no more overarching story line. The previous one has more or less ground to a halt and the manga just feels lost at the moment. I also don't think there is really much more note worthy to happen in the story and it feels like its needlessly being extended much to the great detriment of the overall quality of the series.

set by Mink©

I hate most series that never end, closure is nice. Most series the go on for too long tend to deviate from it's original plot line.

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    Personal thoughts, I for one think that Seo should End KNIM already. I liked the story a lot during the Hiroshima Chapters and despite my frustrations with Haruto in the Tokyo Arc I still found myself eager to read the chapters. Lately though it just seems to be gag chapter after gag chapter.

I for one have nothing really against gag chapters, I think they can provide a much needed break from a series but this works best when they are placed properly. In KNIM, they basically have taken over. What was once a Romance/Slice of Life Manga is not seemingly more of a Gag manga.

There seems to be no more overarching story line. The previous one has more or less ground to a halt and the manga just feels lost at the moment. I also don't think there is really much more note worthy to happen in the story and it feels like its needlessly being extended much to the great detriment of the overall quality of the series.
    I have to second that. I loved the series during the Hiroshima Arc. I thought it would end up a fantastic manga. But, off late, it seems to be like the story is heading nowhere. It has become very stagnant. And, the more it keeps getting dragged on, I feel, the worse it'll get. Either make it interesting or just end it.

New to Manga - Thx MangaStorm / MangaFox

Personally I don't know whether or its due to me reading this manga all within a week or that I am a softy for that sort of stuff I hope this manga will have a bright future. I understand that the main characters are still simple minded to say the least and there relationship is progressing slowly but if it progressed to the point of sex or otherwise that it would be harder to take the story line further at this moment in time. I think by slowing it down and putting in these fillers it will allow them to finish school and then progress into a sort of adult years arc of the story. I think it could work but maybe that's just me.

Except I don't think it could, Criss123. The problem isn't simple-mindedness, but much rather, the strangeness of the characters involved. Haruto acts so far from a normal person as to be almost uncanny, and Yuzuki has become, for a lot of people, unlikable.

The largest problem is the writer, Seo, himself. He seems almost unable to write a normal romance with normal people with normal thoughts; you can almost see the moment his editor asked him to add some drama and then Yuzuki suddenly overreacts and flips out for no real reason, and then we get several chapters of angst.

Seo is also quite unoriginal; go read Suzuka- it's the same story with a slightly different set of characters and I wish I was joking, he copies shamelessly from his earlier work nearly frame to frame for some scenes.

If you look at the latest story, you can effectively see an author who has run out of ideas but is trying to keep beating the dead horse and making the entire story look worst. He should end it at 200, maybe a quick flash forwards to when they're adults.

But let's be honest. It should have ended at Chapter 170. The last 30-ish chapters have been filler, nothing more.

yea, i think its about goddamn time and quite honestly i think seo should focus more on his other series!

A Level-5 Nihility Master alcrowry's Avatar

To be honest, I don't see what 'interesting' subject Seo could add to the story. Marriage maybe, but it would be the 'Final Arc' as Juan said.
    The Dark Side of Misaka Mikoto

The so-called "Killer" Editor of Engelbert's FanFic

Well, to be fair, Haruto and Eba haven't finished college, they haven't even gotten engaged, let alone married, and let's not forget Akari and the gang. There are things that need to be wrapped up first, before the manga can get a proper ending, in my opinion. With that said, I don't think the manga should be going on forever, I think Seo should find a way to "get things done" and wrap it up in 50 chapters or so.

Starting the Path to Legendary Lustful God's Avatar

Now I can say YES after I read Half&Half. Seem like it more interesting. KNIM storyline is going to deadend.

BTW, look like KNIM tank sale is increasing, maybe it not end anytime soon.
    I will never forget you

One of The Followers

No I dont think it should end, because either way half & half wont become weekly, itll stay monthly so it wont really matter if you want him to focus on his other works, princess lucia will stay bimonthly. Just enjoy kimi for now, I doubt its ending any time soon hes making good money.

Page 1 of 18 12311 ... LastLast