Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Straight up Bad, End of story.

Default Straight up Bad, End of story.

This is my comment from Manga updates, but you can't respond to comments there, plus it's pretty dead conversation wise.

__________________________________________________ ___________________________________________

This is by far one of the most overrated series out there.

Okay lol, let's brake this down. I'll start with the "romance", which is the part I found the most funny.

The romance as well as the rest of story is forced by a ridiculous amount. Yuuhi get's a harem for the sole reason that he is the main character.

Here are the girls' reasons for liking him.

Samidare: She met him as a little kid, and he tried to save her from.... nothing. She was never in danger, so all he did was look dumb.

Hakudou: He saved her from a golem, so by that logic shouldn't she be in love with like half of the cast?

Anima: He barely won a fist fight and then started yelling. She's an omnipotent god like being who's lived for an extremely long time and she falls for him because of something generic like that? Please.

Fourth random chicks who's name I forget: He picked up a cat. That's a logical reason to love someone right?

As for the rest of the "romance" in the story; it's pretty lack luster. The author just paired everyone up in the last chapter for no reason at all. Even the dialog in the story says that no one knows why certain people ended up together. Some people ended up together even though they never said two words to each other through out the entire series.

Now don't get me wrong, The beginning of the series was disgustingly good, so much so that's it's actually surprising how bad it ended.

A few chapters after Shinonome dies the story starts plummeting at a 90° angle. Let me get this straight; as he dies he uses his wish to give all his martial arts skills to Yuuhi; who he just met and knows is planning to do something bad. So why would he use his dying wish to help him?

It only gets worse after that, but I'll skip to the end of the story.

What's the point of having Anti hero main characters if you know from basically the beginning that they where going to change? The second Yuuhi forgave his grandfather the story's outcome was set in stone.

Samidare does not use her wish to curse her terminal illness because she stubborn? She blames her family braking up on her illness so she choose not to get rid of it? 10/10 logic there lol.

This one I found hysterical. Okay so apparently Anima's giant robot can only activated by Yuuhi because she loves him. Even though she built it she can't start it?

The third to last battle in the story is ENTIRELY pointless. Samidare tries to destroy the earth and the other knight besides Yuuhi try to stop her. (because Yuuhi is still pretending to be on her side). Yuuhi starts to fight the two mythical beasts knights and overpowers them like it's nothing, then is like "JK lol nvm; I want to be the one to stop Samidare.". Why did he have to beat them up first, pretty sure he could have just told them and they would have been fine with it. The reason why he didn't do that? Because the author was still trying to pretend that we as the reads did not know Yuuhi was a "good" guy. Forced dramatic build up and and extra fight.

Oh and Samidare's powers are stronger than Anima's even though Anima gave the powers to her? huh?

There are a lot of other examples of stupid pointless things I could point out, but I'd just be ranting at that point.

tl;dr version: This story gives no logical reasons for anything that is relevant to the plot.
    Last edited by ggqt; 08-30-2012 at 06:35 AM.

A Loyalist To Ranks

but you still read the whole thing lol

why does logic matter?=X you could just read the think to enjoy it =3... true i found it annoying myself now and then but its not as bad as your makeing it out to be =3 tho that ofcorse is up to your own opininon =3

samis logic is pretty much how youd expect a kid to react =X SHES A CHILD FOR GODS SAKE =P there is no logic to how a kid reacts its all emotion :P,,,, and teens are even worse :P so dont go there lol

and her powers beeing greater than animas?=X well i wonder :P did she perhaps learn how to use them :P all anima did was give them the abilatys ... getting stronger was up to them she did nothing else but sit back and watch most of the way though the manga =X

honestly i dont care about any of the battles they were all pointless =3

I feel like you only skimmed the surface when you read this series. There's way more context and emotion to everything you brought up as a "flaw".

Haha, yeah, i guess that people hope for a story that justs puts everything into a ballon in the corner of the page, so that they can understand.

None of the reasons for the girls to love him is just "Oh he did that". Its been about one year of "war", and through this years they've been spending time together, talking to each other, seeing each others actions, its not only about one action, its the whole you see. For the romance in the end, its been 10 YEARS now, people met up, talked about stuff, and maybe something has grown within. Not every love in a manga must be planted from the first 5 chapters for it to be relevant, specially when so much time has passed.

About how shinonome makes his wish, I will ask you to remember one thing, all the knights are idiots who could actually buy to the idea of a random animal talking to you about a random hammer in the sky that can destroy the world. Shinonome beeing the "hero" kind of guy he is, will die for Yuuhi to save him anyway. Its dosen't matter if Yuuhi showed up to be a really ****ed up person. He mets with Yuuhi and actually starts liking him, so he decides to let him continue his legacy with his powers, it actually isn't that illogical, you are just ignoring the key characteristics of the characters.

Pointless battles? Come on, don't be like that. Not all battle must be over some objective like "KILL THAT VILLAIN" or "SAVE DAT GIRL". The battles that happen in wns are mostly for character development.

No direct objective except the character development =/= Pointless

Quote Originally Posted by Xiaosu View Post
    Haha, yeah, i guess that people hope for a story that justs puts everything into a ballon in the corner of the page, so that they can understand.

None of the reasons for the girls to love him is just "Oh he did that". Its been about one year of "war", and through this years they've been spending time together, talking to each other, seeing each others actions, its not only about one action, its the whole you see. For the romance in the end, its been 10 YEARS now, people met up, talked about stuff, and maybe something has grown within. Not every love in a manga must be planted from the first 5 chapters for it to be relevant, specially when so much time has passed.

About how shinonome makes his wish, I will ask you to remember one thing, all the knights are idiots who could actually buy to the idea of a random animal talking to you about a random hammer in the sky that can destroy the world. Shinonome beeing the "hero" kind of guy he is, will die for Yuuhi to save him anyway. Its dosen't matter if Yuuhi showed up to be a really ****ed up person. He mets with Yuuhi and actually starts liking him, so he decides to let him continue his legacy with his powers, it actually isn't that illogical, you are just ignoring the key characteristics of the characters.

Pointless battles? Come on, don't be like that. Not all battle must be over some objective like "KILL THAT VILLAIN" or "SAVE DAT GIRL". The battles that happen in wns are mostly for character development.

No direct objective except the character development =/= Pointless
    Thanks for pointing out everything I wanted to say. It's retarded when readers couldn't figure out things without having facts put straight at their face. You don't need a ground-breaking event for people to fall in love for example... How often do you expect people to save your life from an animated piece of mud. You don't. And yet you preposterously named that as an ordinary thing that doesn't matter to anyone.

Secondly, it was explained by Anima herself that she simply "awakened" their innate abilities, meaning that the knights' strength isn't necessarily proportionate to her own powers. And she further mentions that one's psychic power depends on one's imagination and will flow to the ones who possess the strongest desires. Hence being the one who sought for the most power, Samidare ended up devouring Anima's own source and ended up being the strongest. There's nothing so illogical that an educated reader wouldn't be able to surmise from the given information. If you didn't see the story that way, then it would be your loss.

A Page Flipper

Sorry OP, I'm just going to straight up call you an idiot. This manga is definitely not as horrible as you make it out to be. First off all, the emotional ties that the author creates in the human psyche is amazing, every character had their own little side story and personality that defined who they were. And the plot was pretty good too, there were a few twist and turns here and there that you wouldn't expect. And slowly revealing the past of Animus and Anima along with all the other characters were brilliant. Finally about how Samidare overpowered Animus is not a valid argument. There was a pseudo-explanation.The Princess had psychic powers to begin with, not to mention shes RELATED to Animus and Anima. Which basically means she had the potential to have the same abilities as them, so it would only make sense that if she absorbed Anima's power along with her own inert abilities she would be stronger then Animus. There were a lot of explanations to your "arguments" that could easily be explained if you bothered understanding the story and manga. Maybe your brain is just too young to comprehend it all.
    Last edited by hunt3rshadow; 01-04-2013 at 09:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hunt3rshadow View Post
    Sorry OP, I'm just going to straight up call you an idiot. This manga is definitely not as horrible as you make it out to be. First off all, the emotional ties that the author creates in the human psyche is amazing, every character had their own little side story and personality that defined who they were. And the plot was pretty good too, there were a few twist and turns here and there that you wouldn't expect. And slowly revealing the past of Animus and Anima along with all the other characters were brilliant. Finally about how Samidare overpowered Animus is not a valid argument. There was a pseudo-explanation.The Princess had psychic powers to begin with, not to mention shes RELATED to Animus and Anima. Which basically means she had the potential to have the same abilities as them, so it would only make sense that if she absorbed Anima's power along with her own inert abilities she would be stronger then Animus. There were a lot of explanations to your "arguments" that could easily be explained if you bothered understanding the story and manga. Maybe your brain is just too young to comprehend it all.
    Thank you! some one said it

I think the only problem I had was chapter 6... People don't forgive others that easily in my experience, hell, I don't forgive people that easily. Then again, what happened to me was a very different set of circumstances which I shall not share here. It was the one part I could say I Hated out of the whole manga. If this had been a gradual thing after the proclamation had been made as everything else in the manga is, I could have dealt with it. However, in the manga, it seemed like the guy said sorry, wound up being attacked and Yuuhi forgave him. It may not have been possible to have dragged it out but still... It annoys me when you see someone go up to someone who left you a demented mess and just instantly forgive them after their apology, okay, not instantly but after running away, it just annoys me to no end. Sorry, just my feelings on the matter.

A Page Flipper

Quote Originally Posted by thedarkness215 View Post
    I think the only problem I had was chapter 6... People don't forgive others that easily in my experience, hell, I don't forgive people that easily. Then again, what happened to me was a very different set of circumstances which I shall not share here. It was the one part I could say I Hated out of the whole manga. If this had been a gradual thing after the proclamation had been made as everything else in the manga is, I could have dealt with it. However, in the manga, it seemed like the guy said sorry, wound up being attacked and Yuuhi forgave him. It may not have been possible to have dragged it out but still... It annoys me when you see someone go up to someone who left you a demented mess and just instantly forgive them after their apology, okay, not instantly but after running away, it just annoys me to no end. Sorry, just my feelings on the matter.
    Who's to say that every human being is as vindictive as you? Just because you don't forgive easily, doesn't mean nobody else is strong enough to. Holding a grudge is just a pain in the ass for all parties involved and serves absolutely no useful purpose, it's easier to just get over it when the other person genuinely wants to make amends. I think the fact that Yuuhi manages to in chapter 6 is a sign of his character developing, and it's not unfeasible at all.

Quote Originally Posted by alphaprawns View Post
    Who's to say that every human being is as vindictive as you? Just because you don't forgive easily, doesn't mean nobody else is strong enough to. Holding a grudge is just a pain in the ass for all parties involved and serves absolutely no useful purpose, it's easier to just get over it when the other person genuinely wants to make amends. I think the fact that Yuuhi manages to in chapter 6 is a sign of his character developing, and it's not unfeasible at all.
    Quite easy to tell you haven't been put through it. You don't forgive someone who forced you through years of pain in a few minutes or in an hour. I'm not particularly forgiving no, but let me put ask you something, what exactly have you gone through that you are basing this around? I have experienced such a relationship myself and I will be the first one to say that such scars are not so easily forgotten, particularly when pushed through it as nothing more than a child. Things that leave you in a condition where you mistrust to the point of hating everything about this planet including your own wretched existence are not easily forgotten. You also have you account for Yuuhi's character here which, in itself, wasn't the type of character to do such things. I'm not particularly vindictive, however, when someone puts me in such a position where I wind up repeatedly contemplating committing suicide, I don't 'forgive easily'. Holding grudges is painful yes, but it isn't exactly easy to wash away years of beatings, mind games etc as 'water under the bridge'. It takes time after that to mend things, it isn't instantaneous which is what I'm complaining about. In this manga it is instantaneous. He doesn't even take a few days to reconcile with the man he just runs out and begs the lizard to save the man. That's what annoys me, not the fact that it happened, but the fact that it all happened pretty much the instant someone said sorry. You don't brush years of pain under the bridge in an hour, or a day. It takes time to do so, to reconcile not only with the person who did it all to you but with ones self. If you really think that someone who is put into such a position for years on end can forgive within a moment's notice, I have no choice but to say that I think that you are an idiot.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast