Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anime to Manga?

N3wb

Default Anime to Manga?

Where exactly does the anime leave off and the manga pick up? I saw one something that the end of vol 6 but I looked and it didn't look like it as I went on and saw in vol 8 a scene from the anime. Help please

Starting the Path to Legendary Kurisuta1's Avatar

Nope.

No.

Stop.

Start at Volume 1.

The manga is a completely different story than anime. And you'll start reading the manga and be like "But no, I saw all this is the anime!11"

and I'll be like, "Shut up and read it from the beginning you people give me an ulcer. There is very important stuff mentioned in the first 6 volumes that isn't in the anime and the world and characters are nearly completely different, the anime had a different ending and half the stuff it told you about the characters and curse isn't true in the manga. And it's disrespectful to the original creator to not read her work from the start. Anime adaptation =/= manga. How many times have I said this, Jesus let me die."
    Last edited by Kurisuta1; 07-23-2012 at 07:48 AM.
    HEY LOVELY PEOPLE! Those of you that know me, I just wanted to say that I am planning to study abroad in South Korea this summer (2014) and if any of you could be willing to give some support to help me raise the remaining funds that would be lovely! Even just a small amount $5 or $10 would mean the world! You can go here and read more about the program and donate if you can! THANKS A TON

Please check out my art blog for more like the above, including great Doctor Who, FMA, Fruits Basket, Gilmore Girls fanart, fanvids and more! Also, original art and photography. Please like, reblog and follow!
    Quote Originally Posted by smileybird View Post
    Kurisuta you're like a Fruits Basket Wiki.
    greatest thing anyone has ever said to me

N3wb

Ooooh. Merci Beucoup. I sorry I no mean to upset you. I just thought I would ask is all. I got really addicted to the anime and so I just wanted to pick up where it left off. I sorrys """

Starting the Path to Legendary Kurisuta1's Avatar

S'okay. I'm just being dramatic to entertain myself because people ask this question a lot and I always give the same response xD

you're gonna really love the manga
    HEY LOVELY PEOPLE! Those of you that know me, I just wanted to say that I am planning to study abroad in South Korea this summer (2014) and if any of you could be willing to give some support to help me raise the remaining funds that would be lovely! Even just a small amount $5 or $10 would mean the world! You can go here and read more about the program and donate if you can! THANKS A TON

Please check out my art blog for more like the above, including great Doctor Who, FMA, Fruits Basket, Gilmore Girls fanart, fanvids and more! Also, original art and photography. Please like, reblog and follow!
    Quote Originally Posted by smileybird View Post
    Kurisuta you're like a Fruits Basket Wiki.
    greatest thing anyone has ever said to me

I liked the anime too, but the manga is way better. Trust us here.

N3wb

Merci lol

I think that the anime was a piece of shit compared to the manga =.=

Quote Originally Posted by TeruCake View Post
    I think that the anime was a piece of shit compared to the manga =.=
    I wouldn't call it a piece of sh*t, but I was really disappointed in it. A lot of people who watched the anime first get confused when they realize the manga is different. Especially with the matter concerning Akito.

I don't think anime was bad. Looking at it now, I realize that creators of it probably never intended to make more seasons and cover all manga, that's why it turned out like this. Actually I rather enjoyed it and it helped me through a very difficult time in my life.

I think that it's a little extreme to call the anime "shit". This is obviously a long manga, and while I would say they should have made an equally long anime that went with the original story more, anime usually are condensed, for whatever reason, so it would have been impossible to follow the complexities of the original manga.

I don't easily get emotional for stories (at least, I don't think I do) but the both the anime and the manga made me cry at some points...

Side note... WOW it's been a looong time since I've read this!! I just realized today that it's NOT BLOCKED here on mangafox.
    EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!! This was the first manga I ever read I do believe and I was sooo addicted! Same goes for the anime.
    Last edited by AHua; 04-08-2013 at 06:20 AM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast