Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: does toru really have no iris?(please read 1st post)

N3wb

Default does toru really have no iris?(please read 1st post)

now i put the parenthesis because i know some of you start lashing out with the title being iris zero.

the reasoning behind my question is simply do we really know if he does or does not have an iris. the answer being, no, we don't. one could pretty much separate irises into to two categories the ones like kuga's, tokita's that are always active, and the ones like shinozuka's, yuki's , and koyuki's which are conditioned activated. in which case if no one died(or anything), lied, and asked koyuki who is 'qualified' then to those 3 as well as anyone else looking on they would seem to be iris zeroes as well. so my point is that no we do not "know" that he is or is not an iris zero regardless of whether it is implied.

as i read this i couldn't help but think about this and i would like to hear your opinions as well.

but in chapter 2 in the flashback, yuki told everyone that toru didn't have an iris when he revealed her iris so I think it can be a proof...
    also the interest of this manga comes from the fact that toru is an iris zero...

I`m not jumping into that "Is Toru really an Iris Zero" again...
    What she saw was that Toru was lying about having an Iris. Toru thinks he`s an Iris Zero, he was really lying about it when he said he had one.

Yes, Toru can have an Iris and never realized it. Or it never activated before for whatever reason.
    Some don`t like the idea, but I`m fine either way. The same way I`m fine with Toru not being the only Zero in his school, if he`s really the only one, he`s really unlucky.

That would be so cool!!!!

Snow is white because white is named after snow. VengefulSpirit's Avatar

Duh...of course he has an iris..or else he won't be able to see!

Toru don´t have an Iris, that´s the main point in this story.

He is able to understand people because he don´t have an Iris.

well maybe he used to have an iris in the past but that got sealed aways or something by someone who had a special sealing iris
    but i doubt it the point of the manga is pretty much like in medaka box (zenkichi) to have a normal along side special ppl (abnormal)

well zen ended up becoming abnormal in the end but that manga has 150+ chapter and is weekly so...

Quote Originally Posted by Anyien View Post
    Toru don´t have an Iris, that´s the main point in this story.

He is able to understand people because he don´t have an Iris.
    /\ this!
    its not really a question of 'does toru have an iris?' but 'should toru have an iris?'. besides this is not the type of manga where you could get away with bullying just because you got lucky and gained a random power. the god of senin genre forbids it!!!

One of The Followers AAnge_Herondale's Avatar

I don´t think the plot in this manga would be as interesting as it is if he had an Iris. I mean, he is supposed to be an "Iris Zero", that´s what makes him so special, because he can see the world without any filters, as Koyuki once said. But, it would be interesting if he finds in a future chapter an "Iris Zero" like him.
    ~~~~~~Cute

~~~~~~~~Cuter

I agree with what most people have said here. Everyone in this manga pretty much live by their irises. They base nearly everything on what their iris sees. But because he doesn't have one he has to look at all the factors and come to a conclusion instead of just looking at what their iris tells him.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast