Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone notice?

Default Did anyone notice?

Did anyone notice that the creator of Hetalia is called raicest (Sorry for my bad spelling) for not including S.Korea in the anime but in the first ending he is standing next to Germany when the world is spinning....?

Himaruya Hidekazu is not a racist neither Hetalia too, the reason they don`t add S.Korea in anime was because S.Korea`s government protested and rejected the anime, claiming that the personified character of Korea was an insulting representation of Koreans
    and the anime was almost cancelled because of it

Or wasn't it because there's only one character for Korea?
    Anyway, I guess it's stupid to cancel anime, because of character portrayal. Honestly, if any of the governments would see the characters, which one would be completely satisfied with it? Would there be even one?
    Gosh, I know it's not perfect, but people shouldn't be this serious about just one show/manga.

Im not saying it from my point of view but i've seen it all over the internet and its starting to get on my nerves. Im a fan of S.Korea even though i have no idea where it is on a map

That one FrUk fangirl ShadowAngels's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Death_Richard View Post
    Himaruya Hidekazu is not a racist neither Hetalia too, the reason they don`t add S.Korea in anime was because S.Korea`s government protested and rejected the anime, claiming that the personified character of Korea was an insulting representation of Koreans
    and the anime was almost cancelled because of it
    This is what actually happened.
    Look around, pretty sure you'll find it somewhere.

Im a fan of S.Korea even though i have no idea where it is on a map
    south-korea-map-world.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by czekotubka View Post
    Or wasn't it because there's only one character for Korea?
    Anyway, I guess it's stupid to cancel anime, because of character portrayal. Honestly, if any of the governments would see the characters, which one would be completely satisfied with it? Would there be even one?
    Gosh, I know it's not perfect, but people shouldn't be this serious about just one show/manga.

lol ikr.
    i wonder what italians would think of when they see italy. ;P
    they're set up as pasta loving idiots pffffft

Quote Originally Posted by irishdonut View Post
    lol ikr.
    i wonder what italians would think of when they see italy. ;P
    they're set up as pasta loving idiots pffffft
    You know, there are people in this fandom, who see France as a rapist or Spain as a pedophile. I think that is even worse than being stupid and loving pasta.
    I love pasta, ehehehe

One of The Followers

I'm Italian and I love it. Being a pasta loving idiot is actually much better than our true vices. Which I won't divulge (at least without some prompting ). And hey, Hetalia is supposed to be a misspelling of our nation's name, so we are the main character!!!

A Page Flipper

Racist??? How can he be a racist if he's portraying many different countries??? And on one page, he explained, that he lived in New York (I think) and met many different people from many different countries! And what's more, you can't take this manga serious, it's a gag manga! xD I just love it. I'm half swiss and japanese and I like both characters. It's true that japanese people like to take photos wherever they are and that swiss people think, it's natural to state your opinion and can get impatient with people, who just agree with everything another person says. But well, I think Switzerland should be a bit more polite. And that Lichtenstein ( I just write the german name) was so dependent on us, I DIDN'T even know that! Hey, I'm learning things from a manga! It doesn't matter to me which government has something against this manga, to me, they're just overreacting! And France being an rapist and Spain a pedophile.... If you think THAT, than you just got no humour and doubting things, which are harmless.....

Quote Originally Posted by bellamarilli View Post
    And France being an rapist and Spain a pedophile.... If you think THAT, than you just got no humour and doubting things, which are harmless.....
    I know, besides it doesn't state anywhere they are ones, so this is completely not canon. Not to mention rape and pedophilia are not funny topics at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast