Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 29

Thread: Did anyone notice?

  1. #1
    A Page Flipper DJDoormouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    17

    Default Did anyone notice?

    Did anyone notice that the creator of Hetalia is called raicest (Sorry for my bad spelling) for not including S.Korea in the anime but in the first ending he is standing next to Germany when the world is spinning....?

  2. #2
    Wao... Death_Richard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Somewhere on this Earth...
    Posts
    42

    Default

    Himaruya Hidekazu is not a racist neither Hetalia too, the reason they don`t add S.Korea in anime was because S.Korea`s government protested and rejected the anime, claiming that the personified character of Korea was an insulting representation of Koreans
    and the anime was almost cancelled because of it

  3. #3
    A Page Flipper czekotubka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Or wasn't it because there's only one character for Korea?
    Anyway, I guess it's stupid to cancel anime, because of character portrayal. Honestly, if any of the governments would see the characters, which one would be completely satisfied with it? Would there be even one?
    Gosh, I know it's not perfect, but people shouldn't be this serious about just one show/manga.

  4. #4
    A Page Flipper DJDoormouse's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Im not saying it from my point of view but i've seen it all over the internet and its starting to get on my nerves. Im a fan of S.Korea even though i have no idea where it is on a map

  5. #5
    That one FrUk fangirl ShadowAngels's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    France~
    Posts
    9

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Death_Richard View Post
    Himaruya Hidekazu is not a racist neither Hetalia too, the reason they don`t add S.Korea in anime was because S.Korea`s government protested and rejected the anime, claiming that the personified character of Korea was an insulting representation of Koreans
    and the anime was almost cancelled because of it
    This is what actually happened.
    Look around, pretty sure you'll find it somewhere.

    Im a fan of S.Korea even though i have no idea where it is on a map
    south-korea-map-world.jpg

  6. #6
    D5M5 irishdonut's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    14

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by czekotubka View Post
    Or wasn't it because there's only one character for Korea?
    Anyway, I guess it's stupid to cancel anime, because of character portrayal. Honestly, if any of the governments would see the characters, which one would be completely satisfied with it? Would there be even one?
    Gosh, I know it's not perfect, but people shouldn't be this serious about just one show/manga.



    lol ikr.
    i wonder what italians would think of when they see italy. ;P
    they're set up as pasta loving idiots pffffft

  7. #7
    A Page Flipper czekotubka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by irishdonut View Post
    lol ikr.
    i wonder what italians would think of when they see italy. ;P
    they're set up as pasta loving idiots pffffft
    You know, there are people in this fandom, who see France as a rapist or Spain as a pedophile. I think that is even worse than being stupid and loving pasta.
    I love pasta, ehehehe

  8. #8
    One of The Followers
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Location
    Italy
    Posts
    156

    Default

    I'm Italian and I love it. Being a pasta loving idiot is actually much better than our true vices. Which I won't divulge (at least without some prompting ). And hey, Hetalia is supposed to be a misspelling of our nation's name, so we are the main character!!!

  9. #9
    A Page Flipper
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    17

    Default

    Racist??? How can he be a racist if he's portraying many different countries??? And on one page, he explained, that he lived in New York (I think) and met many different people from many different countries! And what's more, you can't take this manga serious, it's a gag manga! xD I just love it. I'm half swiss and japanese and I like both characters. It's true that japanese people like to take photos wherever they are and that swiss people think, it's natural to state your opinion and can get impatient with people, who just agree with everything another person says. But well, I think Switzerland should be a bit more polite. And that Lichtenstein ( I just write the german name) was so dependent on us, I DIDN'T even know that! Hey, I'm learning things from a manga! It doesn't matter to me which government has something against this manga, to me, they're just overreacting! And France being an rapist and Spain a pedophile.... If you think THAT, than you just got no humour and doubting things, which are harmless.....

  10. #10
    A Page Flipper czekotubka's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Poland
    Posts
    10

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by bellamarilli View Post
    And France being an rapist and Spain a pedophile.... If you think THAT, than you just got no humour and doubting things, which are harmless.....
    I know, besides it doesn't state anywhere they are ones, so this is completely not canon. Not to mention rape and pedophilia are not funny topics at all.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •