Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SAO-AW relation theories *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

Default SAO-AW relation theories *POSSIBLE SPOILERS*

So I've been thinking about the relation between SAO and AW so I decided to start a random theory thread. So here is mine:

SAO and AW are in the same univerce since the diffrence is about 20 years that is possible.
    The reason the author keeps Kuroyukihime's name a secret is probably because she has some kind of relationship this the main characters of SAO. Here is my theory about her real name:
    She said her real name isn't all that diffrent from her nickname. Kuroyukihime- Yuuki Kurohime. Could this mean she is Kirito(Kazuto) and Asuna's daughter. The 20 year time gap makes this possible. Now a new question appears "Why does she have her mother's maiden name?"
    There are a few possible answers:
    Kirito and Asuna never had an official marriage so she kept her maiden's name.
    Due to Asuna being rich she needs to keep her family name so after the marriage Kirito accepts her name.
    Kirito dies in an accident before the marriage.

Level One Otaku

I like your imagination but the author stated that accel world and SAO have nothing to do with each other but it would of been a cool idea though

That's a shame. Yet the Neuro Linker is like an inproved version of the Nerve Gear and AMU Sphere. I still don't see the reason why he keeps Kuroyukihime's name a secret. If Kawahara-sensei wants to make separate works then he should eliminate all possible links. Unless he wants some kind of WTF plot twist.

On one of the side stories, Versus, when Kirito duels with Silver Crow, Kirito is disconnected and somehow can't log into the same place. When he try to connect back into the game, all he sees is forest, just like how it was described by his colleague. So there's a chance that SAO and AW are actually connected if you think Versus is cannon.
    You can read Versus here : http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in..._Online:Versus

It would be interesting but I really don't want something like Kirito dying in an accident before their marriage. If it did happen however I still think it would make more sense for Asuna to change her name, she seems like the type of person to do that.

EDIT: What could have happened was that Kirito became adopted into the family as a son-in-law and Asuna accepted him. That could explain what happened because Asuna's family is rather rich so it would make sense for them to do this.
    Last edited by Danyn; 07-25-2012 at 07:35 AM.

After starting to read SAO chp 9 novel, I really thinks SAO and AW is connected, more like AW is the future and SAO is the past. If you read it, there's one point where Kirito explains about Soul Translator that he is testing, to the point about making humans feel the time slows down or go faster (thus the concept of Brain Burst) and even Shino or Asuna (forgot who) said that it will be great, working homework (meaning doing something) for hours while the actual time only pass a few minute (Brain Burst function)

Blacklight Agent Lv. 13 Pepsi.Sky's Avatar

i read the wiki about them and i think the only thing they have in relation are just the theme, creator,publisher, and just that Silver Crow and Kirito meet in a crossover side story. Other then that i think that was the only "connection" between the two.

One of The Followers

Quote Originally Posted by martinic3 View Post
    That's a shame. Yet the Neuro Linker is like an inproved version of the Nerve Gear and AMU Sphere. I still don't see the reason why he keeps Kuroyukihime's name a secret. If Kawahara-sensei wants to make separate works then he should eliminate all possible links. Unless he wants some kind of WTF plot twist.
    I disagree. Kawahara has no responsibility to eliminate any "links" you may see. The neuro linker is obviously "related" to the SAO universe things, it's the same concept, but two different stories. Of course you don't see any reason why he keeps her name a secret, it's a secret and it's part of the future plot. Why should he tell you now? That's a ridiculous notion. It's pretty obvious that he's going to do something with her name. You're pretty much telling us that you want him to spoil everything in the future events. How fascinating, reading a manga with the entire plot already revealed...come on, you have to see my point. There is no way you don't.

And seriously, that "link elimination responsibility" you placed on him annoyed me, so I'm going to show you that you can link ANYTHING to ANYTHING.

Accel World is part of the One Piece universe. In One Piece, there are devil fruits, and there are an unlimited amount of possibilities among these fruits. A devil fruit user must have obviously eaten a technology technology, and Accel World is clearly just a test he is running. Think about it. Why would a beautiful girl suddenly date a fat kid? It's a test run by the tech tech fruit man. He's watching us. There are so many odd actions, so many convenient devices to keep the story going. It's obviously all lab tests in order to see how people react in order to act appropriately in situations so that he can become the pirate king. We have a wide variety of characters, and this just doesn't happen in real life. They've all been planted there. Accel World is a manga within a manga about virtual reality within virtual reality within virtual reality. In fact, the same can be said for all manga. Thus, there is only one manga. One manga to rule them all!

I'm sure you've already realized there's no connection, due to the obvious first comment telling you there is no connection, but yeah, please don't unjustly blame the author because your theory was wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pepsi.Sky View Post
    i read the wiki about them and i think the only thing they have in relation are just the theme, creator,publisher, and just that Silver Crow and Kirito meet in a crossover side story. Other then that i think that was the only "connection" between the two.
    SAO and AW wiki are not detailed enough to find the answer, you need to read both. I'm currently reading SAO Light novel volume 9 : Alicization Beginning. There're many things that is explained by Kirito to Asuna and their friend because of discussing a certain device he is testing. I can't explain about it, I don't fully understand the concept yet (you can read it here : http://www.baka-tsuki.org/project/in..._9_Prologue_II) but it include about a single brain cell that can act like a unit of quantum computer and how we feel time go faster or slower on certain event (that can be said to be the main theory of how Brain Burst works)

The second one is :

Martinic3's theory about Kuroyukihime is Kirito(Kirigaya Kazuto) and Asuna's daughter can be correct, the reason is :

My conclusion is AW and SAO are in the same worlds but the events is in different time. There's al so the chances that the maker of Brain Burst is actually Kirito or maybe

A Page Flipper

SAO-Blackswordsman Kirito (Kirigaya Kazuto) and Yuuki Asuna

2026- Asuna is 18 and Kirito 17. ["There is one but ultimate way" side story]

after
    6 years...

Kuroyukihime( 黒雪姫 )-Snow Black Princess
    September 30, 2032

2040- Kuroyuki started playing Burst Link at 8 years old

2046- Accel World

Kuroyuki have two blades instead of limbs
    Kirito uses two swords

"Yuuki" is a very meaningful named for Asuna and Kirito (SAO volume 7) and Kuroyuki claimed that her real name isn't far from the current name.

Level 10 in Accel World gets to meet the game's creator and Kuroyuki is desperate to get to level 10.

Haruyuki didn't mention Kirito name in side story "Versus"

However if Kuroyuki is really 14 years old. She must be conceive during 2026 in which case Asuna is 18 and Kirito 17.

So I think it should be possible

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast