Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Your thoughts on the new Rurouni Kenshin manga!

Has a Few Faves

i found this by pure chance i can't believe it YES!!!!! *EXTREME HAPPINESS* can't wait to read lol.

Edited now after i read this it feels kinda weird. They all seem kinda......... well not the same characters that i read in the older one :/
    Last edited by Frizzle; 07-04-2012 at 03:11 PM.

A Page Flipper

Well, it's a lot more interesting than I was expecting it to be, since I was pretty disappointed that it was a reboot and not some sort of continuation, or at least a reboot that told something new. But honestly, the pacing seems more like a comic strip manga, like Dr. Slump or something. So far there hasn't been much sense of depth to the story, everything is just thrown at us, nothing to shock or let us get to know the characters. And then there's this league of bad guys taking turns at having a shot at our lead, that just doesn't fit right for some of the characters, not to mention it's pretty lame.

I read on ANN that this manga will be followed more closely to the live action movie plot line so viewers aren't thrown through a total loop. They also said that they didn't know if they would continue the manga past that plot line:/ if I can find that link again I'll post it here I don't want to butcher any info--but I can foresee them continuing past that since RK is the best manga ever...just say'en...

I don't like this reboot

Story-line is so rush beside Artwork isn't good as original

I had no idea why author remake rurouni kenshin. This is one of all time favorite manga.
    Last edited by CECU; 07-10-2012 at 05:54 AM.

Actually, I had mixed emotions regarding this manga when I first found out about it.
    I hope it turns out another good story with amazing characters and one last thing,

I HOPE THAT THERE WILL BE A KISSING SCENE BETWEEN KAORU AND KENSHIN.!. (yeah right!)

On the original Rurouni Kenshin, I am a bit disappointed with the less romantic scenes but still, it shows how much kenshin loves kaoru and able to say goodbye to tomoe and decides to move on with kaoru's side.

It looks like a simple slasher game or fighting - all cards are shown in the begining and Kenshin just has a fight with enemy in the end. And that's why it is not as interesting as original kenshin. For now.
    But I'll wait for the next chapter.

aah. I just want to see tomoe again onion-09.gif

Currently a bit too fast-paced for my liking, I'm reading this almost like I would a fanfic or dj...
    Drawings threw me off initially- seemed so strange :/- but they do seem cleaner, more crisp, and I too think that Kaoru looks prettier haha

I have this feeling that the remake will have more romance in it, so I'm still excited for it
    I was slightly frustrated by the lack of romantic scenes in the original.

I wasn't particularly bothered by the lack of romance scenes, in fact i felt pleased with the romance feeling the story developed over the chapters. I believe a romantic story isn't defined by the kissing scenes, jealousy plays or even plans to foil your love interest's life with other girls/boys, which turn out hilarious btw, but actually by the feeling the writer conveys onto the reader through character development and story telling. A kissing scene, to me, is more of a fan service thing heh, which is not bad don't get me wrong.

I also feel the story is moving a bit too fast for my liking, SPECIALLY the fighting scenes. I know Kenshin is an all mighty, strong and cunning samurai but taking down Sanosuke in one hit? That's a very un-Sanosuke like behavior and madara-feel to Kenshin. Their fight in the original run was more interesting, in fact, giving depth to Sanosuke's back story and drive and why should we care for him in the first place. I just hope watsuki sensei turns this around and gives me a big "IN YO FACE" chapter.

PS: Thanks to all for participating and contributing your opinion to the rest of the massive fan base that ruro ken has >: D
    Last edited by BreakingStones; 08-04-2012 at 04:48 AM.

like everything except the villains, basically an arena type which theyll come one by one with no purpose and i hope saito is a cop
    undercover cuz itll just ruin it for me if he's a lowly mercinary

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast