View Poll Results: Which group is your favourite?

Voters
99. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Phantom Troupe (幻影旅団, Genei Ryodan)

80 80.81%
  • The Zodiac Twelve (十二支ん Jūnishin)

19 19.19%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Who do you like more? The Spiders or the Zodiacs?

Poll Who do you like more? The Spiders or the Zodiacs?

My first thread!
    I've been wanting to ask fellow HXH fans about this.
    Do they prefer the gang of thieves who has destroyed Kurapika's life, led by Squall Leonheart?
    Or a bunch of animal-lovers consisted of Paris Hilton and Yusuke Urameshi??

Dunno whether there's been any thread about this but I'm too lazy to look.

Has a Few Faves

Spider of course. They are long times characters which show up through out the story, from york sin arc to ant arc. Each characters in the gang have at least establish an image to the reader, about their strength and their personalities.

On the other hand, the zodiac group wasn't really fit in the storyline (for example, if they are chairman's favorite hunter, he should have invited them on the ant arc. And since they change their appearance to fit chairman's taste, there is not reason for them to deny his invitation. But no, he invited two non-zodiac hunter and a bunch low tier hunters (include Gon and Killua). Oh he did hired a zol**** assassin also) Anyway, the author can gives loads of excuses for that just so the story make sense. Put that aside, the zodiac ideas have been used too much that I just have to say "oh, it's the rat to the boar(pig) again". There are numbers of series that use this idea before, and to use it again isn't really impressive. If it is a strong hunter group that chairman like, they can be a much impressive people, and they don't really need to ridiculously change their appearance based on other's taste (what's wrong with these guys anyway). Their personality is also quite weak, the only 3 guys who got highlighted are Ging (gon's father), Rat (for got his name), and Dog (forgot her name). All of these guys doesn't have anything stand out that I notice. They just show case in a few chapter so there's a lot of potential, but for the moment Rat stand out the most, and his personality isn't really impressive.

It's unfair for the zodiac because we knew Spiders longer

oh and u shouldn't be lazy for your first thread lol

>>There's a reason why after (M)onday and (T)uesday, the rest of the week says WTF<<

we havent seen the best of the 2 groups yet all we know is...
    Genei ryodan is the best troupe in terms of stealing....
    Junishin is the best group in the hunters world (Hunters association)...

both groups have different things they do...
    To anyone

no one feels any connection with the zodiacs and although I want kurapica to pawn all the ryodan but I still feel really excited when they show up they're the ultimate villains + hisoka for me , as for who'd win in a fight I would also have to pick the genei ryodan (if they had kuroro on their side) because it seems like for the longest time no one has been able to catch them , then I thought if gin was to show up he could obliterate them in a second , but turns out he's part of a large weird group so I kina lost my respect for him and think the ryodans would win .

We that Ryodan is a balance group compose of Nen user with different abilities. For fighting, scouting, etc. But what we know about the Zodiac. Except that their groups of elite hunter gathered by Netero. So like fathskie said, its unfair for the zodiac.

I vote for the Ryodan
    "Blood is not an easy game"
    http://www.aqworlds.com/aw-newuser.asp?refid=624077

"Don't be humble. You're not that great".
    /Golda Meir/

Quote Originally Posted by akany View Post
    Spider of course. They are long times characters which show up through out the story, from york sin arc to ant arc. Each characters in the gang have at least establish an image to the reader, about their strength and their personalities.
    Their personality is also quite weak, the only 3 guys who got highlighted are Ging (gon's father), Rat (for got his name), and Dog (forgot her name). All of these guys doesn't have anything stand out that I notice. They just show case in a few chapter so there's a lot of potential, but for the moment Rat stand out the most, and his personality isn't really impressive.
    I don't know what you mean by "weak personnality" but the others charas from the zodiac never had the occasion to stand out because they are 12 members (a lot) and because they appeared recently.
    But I see that Togashi put on a lot of effort so that we can distinguish them from their look and also from their pesonnality.
    Even if I can't remember the names I do know that the tiger is impulsive and dumb,the monkey is rude,the cow is straightforward. Anyway the spiders are still my favorite...

I voted for the Spiders, because we've known them the longest and I can actually remember most of their names off the top of my head, even though they are the villains, while the Zodiacs, although the "good guys", are kind of just there... I don't know any of them except for Ging, Pariston, and Cheedle.

Has a Few Faves

@ Naomy
    These are what I know from th zodiac. Through the voting act, the author distinguish two type of people in Zodiac - thinker, emotional impulsive, and dummy. Due to the nature of the act, there is no country for dummy and emotional impulsive guys lol. Still, There are a few spots for emotional impulsive guys to excercise. Tiger is was illustrate as one. All the time he got angry, and ready to smash somebody (mostly rat), some other zodiac stop him, and he let his anger go without a fight lol (sum up the story: I was trying to eat a rat, but a cow show up and he stopped me, also a monkey also make fun of me by trying to stop me lol. and I am tiger anyway lol). Anyway, move aside from dummy and emotional impulsive. Many guys in Zodiac is illustrated as thinker. I can name a few: Rat, Boar, Dog, cow, dragon, monkey etc. Rat and boar (Ging) can read better in the strategy while cow and Dog is a bit behind.

by weak, I mean there is nothing really special, or stand out about the characters, the uniqueness that make them awesome (notes that these are the people that have impressed Chairman Netero a lot, so they shouldn't just have strong nen ability, they also need to have impressive personalities as well). Now, about emotional impulsive guy, the mascot for this is Tiger ( said about him before). his uniqueness in the field of emotional impulsive is no match for Uvogin, or Machi (not pure emotional impulsive), or the swordman (not pure emotional impulsive) . The dummy is probably the rabit/bunny girl. She might just show up in a few pages so for now she is no match for the Phantom vacuum girl, even Shalnark (thinker, have good moments being a dummy lol). For thinkers, the manga is a mainstreams so they are not much compare to other seinen manga I read. Ging is a silent type, and silent people impress people through their action, so I'm ok with him for now. Anyway, here are top 3 thinker in the group Rat on the other hand talk a lot, and he is irritating for other people around him. Yet, he isn't irritating for reader or at least me (he showed up for a while and he doesn't really do anything lol). Dog, she was illustrated as a pure thinker (pure logic, or whatever lol). the funny part is she seemed like extremely irritated by the Rat (a true thinker shouldn't got irritated by others cause it will potentially undermine her judgement, but she does anyway, and she was illustrated as a good thinker lol)

Beside that, the phantom troupe also have characters that illutrate fearsome such as the umbrella guy (the snake in Zodiac so far isn't much compare to the phantom troupe). Still The phantom troupe are thieves and robbers while the Zodiac are licensed hunters so this isn't much (but anyway, snake represent fears or mystic in a lot of setting, and the snake girl design wasn't as good as it should be)

anyway, they are just my oppinion on their first appearance. they might do better on later acts XD.
    Edit: oh I forgot one importance point, that is the leader position - a guy with charisma and pure awesome lol. The zodiac doesn't really have leader, all members are kinda equal on making decision. That is quite fit with the storyline as Netero can act like their leader (but netero isn't counted as a Zodiac, so it make the zodiac look more like Netero's Hencemen group. and people who read hunterxhunter know phantom troupe leader lol.
    Last edited by akany; 06-04-2012 at 12:07 AM.

Starting the Path to Legendary MarcellX's Avatar

@naomy
    As said, there's 12 of them, and the arc only gave emphasis to 3 roughly 4 of them (Ging, Pariston, Cheadle and Maiztom), we also don't know the abilities anyone but the snake, which aren't still very clear. There are 12 spiders that we know off (Kalluto is too new, Hisoka wasn't really one and we've never seen the two dead) and by the end of the Yorkshin arc we didn't knew much about most of them, by the end of the Chimera ants and their 3rd appearance, we still don't know much about Korotopi or Bonolenov (had to look up that name) personality wise.

I doubt the rabbit is a dummy, she seemed uncaring but not dumb, and so far the only person besides Ging and Maiztom (bull) to make a calm comeback to Pariston (rat). Also, don't you think your standards are a little too "yours". For example you say that a true thinker shouldn't get irritated, to which I simply point out to Light Yagami, Xanatos, Shikamaru, Father, Taikubo, Kyomaru, Heinrich Lungue. What I mean is, as seen with Sosuke Aizen, if you have the situation under some control and or power there's no need to get upset. Cheadle (dog) never got upset to the point of showing it when she had some kind of power, with the way she dealt with the monkey being the best example.

Also snakes (and reptiles and amphibians in general) are not always associated with fear. She could be one of the nicest one of all of them for all we know, like Hancock from One Piece. And finally, while western zodiacs have been used a lot, the same can't be said for the eastern zodiac. The closest thing that comes to mind is The Adventures of Jackie Chan or Digimon Tamers.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast