Thread: End story similar to the story of twilight....?

Question End story similar to the story of twilight....?

why do I feel in the end, the story is almost similar to the story of twilight?
    Bella and Edward's daughter eventually become a werewolf soul mate (who is also their close friends).
    Asaba to be the same as a close friend of Arima and Yukino (also his soul mate their daughters).
    btw This story follows the twilight,
    or twilight that followed this story?
    or just a coincidence that the author had the same thoughts ....?!
    sorry, really I'm confusing....?!!
    btw this story it's gorgeous

Kare Kano started in 1996 ended in 2005. Twilight started in 2005 and ended in 2008. So, IF one took from another, Twilight would be taking from Kare Kano.

However, I DOUBT that anything was really stolen. Its probably a coincidence because (at least I find) that this type of pregnancy ending is fairly common.

The House of Yaoi #220

KHR FC
    Kyoko Mogami FC #20
    Fangirl Club

I'm a little offended that you could even compare a story of this caliber to Twilight. Now, don't get me wrong Twilight's not a bad story, but it's not great by any means. Kare Kano is a incredible story that goes WAY more in depth than Twilight ever did, especially with the side characters. You understand the thoughts, and feelings of every character in Kare Kano, while Twilight barely skims over the side stories of Jasper, Alice, and the rest of the Cullen family. Then there's the leads, and if I get started on them I'll never stop.
    There are some similarities, but if you're going there then Twilight has something in common with almost every shoujo manga out there. Like SingChern said, Kare Kano came out in 1996 so it would've been Twilight copying Kare Kano. Either way I seriously doubt that Stephanie Meyer copied a Japanese manga, especially one that she's probably never heard of. If anything what she did was just more or less a common twist in romance stories. If Twilight is similar to anything it would be Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which I'm pretty sure was one of her inspirations for Twilight.
    Rurouni Kenshin Live Action!
    Skip Beat*Red River*Rurouni Kenshin*Gakuen Alice*Fruits Basket*Beauty Pop*Kare Kano*Akagami No Shirayukihime*V.B Rose*From Far Away*Basara*Koi Dano Ai Dano*Warau Kanoko-Sama*Lover Discovery*Ao Haru Ride*Aishiteruze Baby

Quote Originally Posted by Crazymug View Post
    I'm a little offended that you could even compare a story of this caliber to Twilight. Now, don't get me wrong Twilight's not a bad story, but it's not great by any means. Kare Kano is a incredible story that goes WAY more in depth than Twilight ever did, especially with the side characters. You understand the thoughts, and feelings of every character in Kare Kano, while Twilight barely skims over the side stories of Jasper, Alice, and the rest of the Cullen family. Then there's the leads, and if I get started on them I'll never stop.
    There are some similarities, but if you're going there then Twilight has something in common with almost every shoujo manga out there. Like SingChern said, Kare Kano came out in 1996 so it would've been Twilight copying Kare Kano. Either way I seriously doubt that Stephanie Meyer copied a Japanese manga, especially one that she's probably never heard of. If anything what she did was just more or less a common twist in romance stories. If Twilight is similar to anything it would be Buffy the Vampire Slayer, which I'm pretty sure was one of her inspirations for Twilight.
    I second most of what you said. How could one even try to overlap Twilight and this. Its ridiculous. While Twilight is some author's wish fulfillment about twisted true love, giving up everything for a guy, and basically reinforcing misogyny, Kare Kano is about hesitant first love, discovering yourself, overcoming your fears, and growing up. Not only is the love story amazing, but it is fun and comic, and yet has serious moments too. Twilight is....utterly utterly awful in comparison. Even the pretence at comparing them makes me nauseous. I'm normally not that cut throat, but this is how much I love this manga, and how much I hate twilight.
    [RAINBOW]Immortal Rain, Nodame Cantabile, Kare Kano, Gokusen, Bokura Ga Ita, Black Rose Alice, Please Save my Earth, Cat Street, Eensy Weensy Monster, Ghost Hunt, Hana to Akuma, Au Haru Ride, Kimi wa Petto, Akkan Baby, Oboreru Knife, Onani Master Kurosawa, Oyayubihime Infinity, Sonan Jyanaiyo, Six Half, Dokuhime, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Piece[/RAINBOW]

seeing as tentakel only compared the ends of the stories I'll skip the rest of it. I agree with the above comments
    as for the end... in twilight two guys like the female lead and the rejected guy takes the daughter instead, while in kare kano there is a funny/strange compition between side guy and female lead for the male lead (and I seem to recall asaba saying that he is okay with gays but personally doesn't swing that way, so it wouldn't have worked out anyway^^) and once again the rejected (if one can call it that) takes the couples daughter instead (without any imprinting thankfully^^)
    So as far as parents really close friend ends up with their daughter there is indeed a similarity but kare kano's version (even only looking at the end of it all) is by far more original

Has a Few Faves

I... I feel dirty from you making that comparison.. =__= Kare Kano characters have so much depth to their personalities... Whereas Twilight.. Just.. CANNOT DEAL WITH THIS =_=

Wanting to Belong=Human tohukyo's Avatar
    where the future becomes the present and the present becomes the past

I"m totally completely and utterly offended by the comparison of that "thing" to this golden story.

Also, when people compare two things, you have to look at the year. I think I would have been less offended if you said twilight is like kare kano (which isn't) because it gives seniority to kare kano as it should be.

And as for Asaba, he had this intuition that yukino's child might potential be the one he has been looking for even before birth but of course it never really manifested as a possibility since he did kind of raise them as a surrogate when yukino and arima were away. It wasn't until she came on to him.

Generalizing, sure i guess no matter how repulsed I am about it but on a very generic level....
    Last edited by tohukyo; 07-18-2013 at 08:08 PM.

Time is the coin of your life.
    It is the only coin you have, and only you can determine how it will be spent.
    Be careful lest you let other people spend it for you.

~Carl Sandburg

Life is like dancing. If we have a big floor, many people will dance. Some will get angry when the rhythm changes.
    But life is changing all the time.

~Miguel Angel Ruiz

True friends stab you in the front.
    ~Oscar Wilde

A Page Flipper blacksilhouette15's Avatar

OH MY GOD I JUST SERIOUSLY LAUGHED from reading this, not because it's funny, but from the freakin' ABSURDITY OF THE THOUGHT.

Let me just quote some of the outbursts which mirrored my thoughts:

tohukyo: I'm totally completely and utterly offended by the comparison of that "thing" to this golden story.
    coldchipsspoils: I... I feel dirty from you making that comparison..
    Crazymug: I'm a little offended that you could even compare a story of this caliber to Twilight. Now, don't get me wrong Twilight's not a bad story, but it's not great by any means.
    Firstly, Asaba and Miyazawa weren't romantically involved. Secondly, Asaba and Arima weren't enemies, but close friends in fact. And even with the similarity in their circumstances, and despite a personal lack of approval for their (assumed) future relationship, I'd credit Sakura (and even Asaba) more intelligence and maturity than those respective Twilight characters to which they are being irrationally compared. And freakin' finally, puh-lease do not go about comparing Yukino Miyazawa to that... Bella (yes, the hint of distaste is intentional). I believe she deserves a bit more respect than that.

So, to comment on that thought (i.e., "End story similar to twilight"), I sincerely offer no offense but HECK NO.

Give the manga some justice.
    “I created him in My own image and yet he chooses to rot."
    かみさま (from the manga "Sarashi Asobi" by Tobina Touya)

"Our DEEPEST FEAR is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS."
    Marianne Williamson

Well, I was a "Twilight" fan when I was 17 (only books - film version was just horrible), so I'm not as disgusted as you, guys . But I can't understand this thread - it's stupid to compare this stories, just because of the pregnancy of main characters and this whole soul mate thing. It's just a little coincidence and it's not so similar. I find "Kare kano" much deeper than "Twilight", which I find quite funny when I'm 22 :P. It deals with real problems and I can compare myself to either Yukino and Arima, and I felt so much pain reading Arima's story that I can't compare it to some vampire romance story. So I think that the endings are definitely not similar.
    Say, Nana... You look like stray cat, wild and proud. But I can see the wound in your heart. At the time I just thought it was cool. I never realized how hurt you were.

Has a few favorites

One sentence: same plot device. That's it. A plot device to let every character have a "happy ending" with a character that wouldn't be too far out of left field.

Plots repeat all the time. The characters are what sets the plots apart. And these characters are built on a whole deeper level than the faux vampires and werewolves of Twilight. Don't get me wrong, I like Twilight for what it's worth, but it is a definite light read compared to this wonderful series.