Thread: What are the differences between anime and manga?

N3wb

Default What are the differences between anime and manga?

Hi guys, I have heard alot about Kare Kano and decided to follow it today. However I am undecided if I should follow the manga or anime. Generally I prefer the anime over the manga as long as it is well-produced and follows the manga closely. Does the KK anime do this? I hear that the anime ending is disappointing; this must mean it deviates from the manga at some point. At which point does it begin deviating?
    With this knowledge I can begin with the anime and switch over to the manga when the anime stops following it.

Thanks.

N3wb

Nevermind, found the answer on Wikipedia. The anime starts deviating right before the school cultural festival.

The reason it was also disappointing was because gags and jokes were run to the ground in the anime. It had deviated so much from what was awesome about the story, that the mangaka told them to quit it. And that's why it ended where it did.

So while the anime did well and was popular enough to continue on with the series. It took a lot of the heart of soul of the story and just squished it so much that the mangaka didn't think it would recover and be told properly.

It would be nice if it were to be re-made with a different company or something. But given the mangaka's first experience in a studio being a bad one. It probably won't be. -_-

Has a Few Faves itachi_uchiha1234567's Avatar

topanga what are the pictures are on the bottom what manga are they from

Quote Originally Posted by topanga View Post
    The reason it was also disappointing was because gags and jokes were run to the ground in the anime. It had deviated so much from what was awesome about the story, that the mangaka told them to quit it. And that's why it ended where it did.

So while the anime did well and was popular enough to continue on with the series. It took a lot of the heart of soul of the story and just squished it so much that the mangaka didn't think it would recover and be told properly.

It would be nice if it were to be re-made with a different company or something. But given the mangaka's first experience in a studio being a bad one. It probably won't be. -_-
    What Manga is tht is seems funn I wanna read it the 1st 1 you put saying "Please Believe Me We Did Not Do Beep or Beep or Beep! I Swear That We Only Censored Censored Censored That's All! Moriyama"

It's "Get Love!!" if I'm not mistaken
    http://mangafox.me/manga/get_love/

@topanga, I totally didn't know that Tsuda Masumi told them to stop. I remember watching it and seeing how badly it was done, and got confused by the lack of images and white spacing near the end. But if someone seriously tried to make a good anime out of it, I think it could be reeeeally well done. Especially if they really tried to focus on the art and made it gorgeous. That would just be heavenly.
    [RAINBOW]Immortal Rain, Nodame Cantabile, Kare Kano, Gokusen, Bokura Ga Ita, Black Rose Alice, Please Save my Earth, Cat Street, Eensy Weensy Monster, Ghost Hunt, Hana to Akuma, Au Haru Ride, Kimi wa Petto, Akkan Baby, Oboreru Knife, Onani Master Kurosawa, Oyayubihime Infinity, Sonan Jyanaiyo, Six Half, Dokuhime, Tonari no Kaibutsu-kun, Piece[/RAINBOW]

N3wb

Mmmm somehow i feel all the complains about the anime are a bit too harsh.
    I mean, this manga is amazing, and i think gainax did take an effort for it.

I think the anime (at least the first half of it) is amazing, the way they visually and musically compail each character emotion and thinking is amazing. I can totally simpathize with wathever they might being going through. I think the anime did nothing but make it more sincere and "crude" for the audience. I mean, it's beautiful, amazingly beautiful! music, art and all!!!

I actually read somewhere that they went to visit god knows how many highschools to do a more deep reserch and a more near to reality thing. That's why they have a lot of footage at the ending songs. Gainax is a company that put their brains out for any project. It's a shame it didn't work out with the mangaka.... I sincerely feel bad for that, it was a great project. Gainax is also the best in portraying pshycological and emotional issues.

.... but i might be just an ignorant hehehehe.

Sorry for any gramatical mistakes, english isn't my first language and i don't have autocorrect

A Page Flipper

Soooo... The anime was made by Gainax and the Hideaki Anno of Neon Genesis Evangelion's fame. The original NGE. Creative input was inevitable. And for a manga that goes from being novel-like to manga-like to heavily reliant on visual representation, it was useful. It was different enough to be useful, and same enough to be faithful. I love it when I watched it. Too bad it didn't cover the full first part one of manga(part one is first year, Yukino's story, intermission is Kazama and Tsubasa + some other side characters, and part two is third year, Arima's story), but I doubt it ended purely because mangaka didn't want it. They have run out of manga. Look up release schedule of manga and anime on wiki.

It's a bit sad that it has turned out this way. Would have loved to see a full adaptation by Gainax and Hideaki Anno.

Has a Few Faves blacksilhouette15's Avatar

Having closely watched the anime, I think much of the negative feedback comes from the bad production towards the end. It's a given that GAINAX can make awesome adaptations, there's no doubt about that, but the thing is, they half-baked the anime. You'll understand if you get to watch it. At first, the production was awesome, and it got me hooked. But then they suddenly made the anime into some bad combination of narrative, paper puppets (seriously, no joke there), images that would last for 5secs or more, and a bunch of other stuff. It felt like they lacked manpower or just wanted to get done with it.

Thing is, most fans would have put up with the low-cost production, but what's really frustrating is that they didn't even end the story (NGE all over again) :(

Anyway, I'm grateful to the anime, for introducing Kare Kano and all, but how they ended the anime, well, it just didn't do the manga justice. A bigger budget would've been well deserved. (Let's just hope for a remake.)
    “I created him in My own image and yet he chooses to rot."
    かみさま (from the manga "Sarashi Asobi" by Tobina Touya)

"Our DEEPEST FEAR is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, OUR PRESENCE AUTOMATICALLY LIBERATES OTHERS."
    Marianne Williamson