Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Possible Negima continuation posted by Akamatsu

Default Possible Negima continuation posted by Akamatsu

Assuming this is no April Fools joke from Ken since he posted this around then, it seems like Negima will continue on September, with Ala Rubra being the focus this time. So gratz to anyone wishing for a Ala Rubra prologue, it looks like you will get ur wish. Hopefully this time more questions will be answered, with the most glaring one being Arika's wherabouts, her exact relation with Asuna etc. Personally I still want to know who Negi ended up with, since the implied no romantic resolution was kind of a let down for me.

1d4ef834970a304eaf41015ad1c8a786c8175c85.jpg

that should be awesome because I really didn't think that negi's mother died in the first place. She must be somewhere living a normal life like what they both wanted to during that flashback part where negi's dad saved her from the ravine and the reason she wasn't living with her son and daughter in england was probably because she doesn't want to endanger both of them because of her being branded as a traitor to her own empire.

I wish this will answer my question on who exactly that graveyard keeper was and how she was related to negi and asuna... and why the hell was she on the side of the lifemaker.. was it to protect negi's father being possessed by the lifemaker or something entirely different.. I'm waiting to find those out because that ending was really a let down.. lots of questions left unanswered and negi didn't end up with anybody.. plus it only had 19 freaking pages.. what kind of ending is that?!
    Last edited by balrog04; 04-10-2012 at 07:29 AM.

Agree with your points here, especially the ending. I always thought it would be extended in some way, but oh well it was acceptable to me at least.

I guess the reason the grave keeper looked as though she was on the LM's side because well, she IS his descendant after all so that makes sense. Strictly speaking she wasnt on anyone's side as shown here when Dynamis thought she betrayed them. She was more of a third party with an interest in seeing whose (Negi or Fate's) plan to save MM was better and ultimately choose to bet on Negi.

If the contiuation will focus on Ala Rubra I hope it will include the twilight princess Asuna as well because I'm very interested in how Nagi and the others managed to convert her into a cheerful teenager today, also because I love her character from the little I saw of her, especially when she said she wanted to be Nagi's partner and when she kicked "Kagurazaka Asuna" back to reality when she was sleeping.

balrog, to whom are you referring when you say 'daughter?' Your context implies the person in question is Arika's daughter, and as far as we know she does not have one. The only person I can think of who might apply by a long stretch of imagination and (forgive me) ignorance is Asuna. Because of physical appearance the characters indirectly implied that they thought of Asuna as Arika's little sister. While we know Asuna is over 120 years old because she was only unsealed when the Senate wanted to use her, we do not know Arika's age. We can assume it's somewhat closer to the normal human length. This implies Asuna is more like a great (insert unknown number of 'great's)-aunt to Arika. Ditto for Negi, Arika's and Nagi's only child.

I'm honestly not sure I would support a series that focused on Ala Rubra, even if Akamatsu-sensei wrote it. Exactly how much do you think he could prevent it from being typical shounen fare, especially with typical shounen hero, Nagi. I like Negima because it isn't typical anything. If Akamatsu-sensei was to do something Negima-related I would ask him to fill in the many large blanks he left with the timeskips. Flashbacks to the days of Ala Rubra are great because they lend context to what Negi is doing. Lets not forget that Negi is the protagonist here, and he makes a great one because of the things that make him an atypical hero. Like most of the characters in Game of Thrones he has become a grey character, although not morally, living in a world he has learned is also grey.

I believe we can hope for a real resumption to Negima. I don't believe we should hold our collective breaths for one. I also believe we should hope the best for Akamatsu-sensei in whatever future endeavours he decides to undertake, after a well-deserved and needed rest.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi-1 View Post
    balrog, to whom are you referring when you say 'daughter?' Your context implies the person in question is Arika's daughter, and as far as we know she does not have one. The only person I can think of who might apply by a long stretch of imagination and (forgive me) ignorance is Asuna. Because of physical appearance the characters indirectly implied that they thought of Asuna as Arika's little sister. While we know Asuna is over 120 years old because she was only unsealed when the Senate wanted to use her, we do not know Arika's age. We can assume it's somewhat closer to the normal human length. This implies Asuna is more like a great (insert unknown number of 'great's)-aunt to Arika. Ditto for Negi, Arika's and Nagi's only child.

I'm honestly not sure I would support a series that focused on Ala Rubra, even if Akamatsu-sensei wrote it. Exactly how much do you think he could prevent it from being typical shounen fare, especially with typical shounen hero, Nagi. I like Negima because it isn't typical anything. If Akamatsu-sensei was to do something Negima-related I would ask him to fill in the many large blanks he left with the timeskips. Flashbacks to the days of Ala Rubra are great because they lend context to what Negi is doing. Lets not forget that Negi is the protagonist here, and he makes a great one because of the things that make him an atypical hero. Like most of the characters in Game of Thrones he has become a grey character, although not morally, living in a world he has learned is also grey.

I believe we can hope for a real resumption to Negima. I don't believe we should hold our collective breaths for one. I also believe we should hope the best for Akamatsu-sensei in whatever future endeavours he decides to undertake, after a well-deserved and needed rest.
    I thought that blonde girl whom he called sister was really his sister.. my mistake.. I'm not talking about asuna by the way, I thought that girl in England was really his sister which always made me wonder "how come she looks about the same age as negi's dad..".. guess I was wrong.. haha

PS: Are you also a fan of A Song of Fire and Ice novel series? XD.. can't help but wonder when you mentioned the game of thrones in your last post.. hehe
    Last edited by balrog04; 04-10-2012 at 03:52 PM.

that should be awesome because I really didn't think that negi's mother died in the first place. She must be somewhere living a normal life like what they both wanted to during that flashback part where negi's dad saved her from the ravine and the reason she wasn't living with her son and daughter in england was probably because she doesn't want to endanger both of them because of her being branded as a traitor to her own empire.
    In the epilogue, Asuna is called the last descendant of the oldest royal family in the magic world, which pretty much implies that Arika is dead, otherwise she would have come out of hiding already.
    I do not always announce online popularity tournaments, but when I do, I prefer The Mahou Sensei 2011 Character Popularity Tournament. (officially ended)
    But all good things must come to an end eventually, so I'm off to another place, another time, another announcement.

I took the Hypocritic Oath: I'm free to radically alter my beliefs whenever it's convenient.

Sign by ♥~宮崎 のどか

DON'T CLICK THIS

Nekane Springfield is one of Negi's cousins. We're told that because she took a mother role in his life he calls her 'Onee-chan,' however from Negi's story even then she wasn't around very much, so he almost grew up on his own resources. Still, he grew up well.

And yes, I am a fan of A Song of Ice & Fire. I hate to say who my favourite character is right now, because they have a tendency to end up dead. I've also read The Hedge Knight in both short story and graphic novel versions, and The Sworn Sword as a short story.

Quote Originally Posted by Xi-1 View Post

I don't support an Ala Rubra story. It should just be a continuation of where 355 left off. Or better yet Asuna hallucinating the last 20 chapters of the manga. Then he could do something really clever. Ala Rubra is in my opinion a story that doesn't need to be told. It would result in more plot holes and be almost similar to the star wars prequels.

One of The Followers

I also don't really care for an Ala Rubra story. I would rather know more about what happened in that last time skip.

Ala Rubra was never really that interesting to me. They were fine as back-story characters or as mentors, but their story would be kind of dull as we already know most of the end results, and from the sounds of it, they were pretty overpowered from the get-go.

I'll check it out if it's done well though.

I agree that Ken should have just picked up from where he left off. It's definitely more satisfying that way.

The Ala Rubra prequel will hopefully answer some questions such as how Gateau and Arika died (if she IS dead, since she was shown saving Nagi from the first generation LM fighters, I would expect she can hold her own in a fight with her royal magic). To many people including me though the biggest mystery is still who Negi ended up with, or if he really ended up single in this timeline then who he married in order to give birth to Chao in Chao's timeline.

When the Ala Rubra arc comes out I will still read it and hopefully enjoy it since I'm a fan of Ken's work.

Page 1 of 16 12311 ... LastLast