Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: disgusting

Default disgusting

at the last chapter i was really appaulled to see that the daughter of miyazawa, sakura would go after asaba and that he would accept her, it really grossed me out because he was there to helping to raise her and he is practically an uncle to her. so i did not like that part, just my oppinion

Last edited by valygirl94; 04-30-2012 at 04:07 AM.

N3wb

you mean asaba, right

Inamorata Ad Infinitum dark azure knight's Avatar

Ah, but nothing was done but acknowledge that she was the one who he has waited for, and will continue to wait another dozen or so years.

It is unusual, especially in this day and age, but I don't find it particularly disgusting. It's just like a more extreme example of the age difference relationships like Izawa's and Takeshi's, only a 17/18 year age gap instead of 12 years. Like I said, very unusual these days, but love doesn't know the boundaries set by society.

Citizen of Dreamland jubaleonina's Avatar

My parents have an age difference of 19 years. It is an unusual thing, but it is not wrong. But I agree it's weird to fall for someone who helped raise you. Moreover, 15 years old is very young, they should start dating only when she is older.

Normally I hate that kind of a age difference but in this case it works. Asaba doesn't make the first move, she does and you don't see them dating just that she wants to. Plus she is like arima, very mature and responsible. I don't think anyone have to worry about that Asaba will take advantage of her. I do have to agree on the fact that he helped raise her.... But even by that I can't be totally grossed out. Again because you know Asaba won't take advantage. And he didn't lusted after her as a child...

A Page Flipper

I don't think its bad, she hit on him not the other way around and even though he knows in his heart that shes "the one" he's still like "I helped raise her, it can't be romantic love can it???" so I don't see anything wrong... by the time he admits its romantic love she will be old enough to have a real relationship I think. Plus age difference only matters when your young and stupid cause your to young to deal with the emotions and life experience that come with being in a serious relationship with someone at a different point in life than you. When you mature emotionally eventually things like age aren't as big of a deal. I didn't like older guys till I hit my 20's and felt ready for the "real deal" then I fell in love with my boyfriend whose 9yrs older and to be honest when I was graduating from high school he was married and having kids already (surprised me that I fell for a divorced guy with 2 kids after spending all that time saying I don't want someone with that much luggage LOL)... it's same age difference as me and my younger brother who I practically helped raise so each time I think about how he was in high school doing this I was just a little kid doing stupid kid stuff, but now we both are adults and do adult things you know? So age difference isn't so bad once you reach a certain point in your life.

As for him raising her as an uncle... he has no blood relationship to her and its not like he's an adoptive parent or something... she has parents, hes just the person who baby sat them since they where babys. No matter how you see it although hes been their for her like an "uncle" hes not really an uncle, hes a beloved friend of the family. No big deal once she comes of age. When you have a good family who has good family friends isn't it nice to have those family friends marry into the family??? And aren't they more trust worthy to be giving your daughter to??? Although I can see them giving him a hard time because of the age difference and just for the sake of teasing him since its family tradition and all

not at all..

Can he really be like an "uncle" to her if she never thought of him as such? You talk about him raising her and being "like an uncle" but if she never felt that way...

And beside, just because you have known someone since they were young, doesn't mean that's it. She grew older and is maturing. She can't be treated as a child forever. She is not a baby, a toddler or a child and eventually she will be an "adult" so he could treat her accordingly? If anything, all that time together should afford each the ability to know the other inside and out and all the good/bad qualities they possess and use that know if they really want to be together. Most relationships don't have such a unique trait.

aka "The Supreme Ruler" the_expert's Avatar

I have a friend who's married to a much older family friend whohas known her since she was born and hey have 2 kids together...i'm not saying that it's something healthy, but it does exist....anyway, like someone else said, she's his soul-mate: can mean different things...i think sakura is just a curious 12-year old and asaba is flustered a bit...if they would become a couple, it wouldn't be anytime soon...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast