Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I dont like futuristic story :/

Default I dont like futuristic story :/

when u start read a futuristic story they say in the future the entire world will change ................. ok ok, maybe thats true but dont put only twenty less years -.-

One of The Followers

Quote Originally Posted by MasterM View Post
    I don't like futuristic story
    If you don't like futuristic stories what the hell are you doing here? Do you purposely go to any mangas that have "sci-fi" in the genre tag and "time travel" in its summary so you can post how much you hate them? What sense does that make?

Quote Originally Posted by gundam5 View Post
    If you don't like futuristic stories what the hell are you doing here? Do you purposely go to any mangas that have "sci-fi" in the genre tag and "time travel" in its summary so you can post how much you hate them? What sense does that make?
    Dont be angry .............. That trully i mean is i dont like story too fake when u make a story try to make more realistic, that i really mean ............ :/

for example do u think the world will change so much in only fifteen years?
    Last edited by 【Eternal※Fantasy】; 04-01-2012 at 10:50 AM.

Im pretty sure the world can easily change in 15 years, With the internet becoming main stream, the world has
    changed vastly

I not think, maybe im dissapoint from a movie a watch where in 2008 all have a fly car and start to live in the moon ............. well, anyway its still strange how chima dont know how to travel by train .........

And not even use an ambrella come on.
    The world did not change that mutch since 1992.

Well Danyman... How people many young people would know how to use a phone with a rotary dial?

Quote Originally Posted by OrphanEater View Post
    Well Danyman... How people many young people would know how to use a phone with a rotary dial?
    Not just phones, how many kids today can work a record player, as simple as that is most kids never saw one, and if you never saw one before you wouldn't know about putting the needle on the record.

I was born in 1971, by the time I was 20 the world had changed drastically, home computers went from non-existent to a common ordinary appliance. Cell phones were created in 1979, during the 80's it became an extremely important tool for every businessman and by 1991 the second generation phones were released revolutionizing them for common use. Video cassette recorders and laser disks started a new era of home entertainment and the new industry of video rentals/sales which gave hollywood a whole new way to rake in the millions while giving people alternatives to going out or watching whatever the tv stations felt like broadcasting. Video game consoles, online services and early internet, microwave dinners, space shuttles, and so much more. Most of these things became possible because of inventions like the microchip, so if someone invented something as revolutionary as a microchip then drastic changes in 20 years is a normal thing.

Quote Originally Posted by ~☆【Final※Destiny】★~ View Post
    when u start read a futuristic story they say in the future the entire world will change ................. ok ok, maybe thats true but dont put only twenty less years -.-
    firstly contradictly with you i like the futuristic story and second i agree with you with don't put twenty less year
    that to think just impossible,seriously we need million years to able reach today modern age and impossible could through advance technology in very fast years

the manga itself show some flawness like the girl boldly confessed she came from future and its has become fully exploited to everyone in the past
    isn't future is top secret what will happen if change her story even make her will vanish
    she so naive smh

@Me

Quote Originally Posted by Skips. View Post
    i like the futuristic story and second i agree with you with don't put twenty less year
    that to think just impossible,seriously we need million years to able reach today modern age and impossible could through advance technology in very fast years

the manga itself show some flawness like the girl boldly confessed she came from future and its has become fully exploited to everyone in the past
    isn't future is top secret what will happen if change her story even make her will vanish
    she so naive smh
    Your post is wrong for a number of reasons.

What this thread is discussing is not the evolution of man, but the development of technology. So the millions of years it might have taken homo sapiens to arise don't matter to the argument.

The development of technology really started when humans moved beyond simple stone and wood tools. This marked the beginning of the mesolithic period; about 10000 to 5000 BCE. That still looks like a long time ago. But since then, new technologies have been invented at an almost exponential rate. The time periods between new, world-changing technologies has been growing ever shorter. At the end of the nineteenth century, almost nobody used cars, and airplanes had not successfully been flown. But in the last hundred years, new techs have been invented at a startling pace. Supersonic flight, a man on the moon, cell-phones, computers, the internet; things keep popping up quicker and quicker. Sure, we haven't built hoverboards, but just because the future isn't like you thought it should be, doesn't mean that the current technological level wasn't inconceivable 50 years ago. 20 years isn't a long time, but it's not just possible that great change could happen; it's probable.

Also, your mention of a time paradox is just mud-slinging. Time travel is such a shaky theory, physics-wise, that almost any model can be used, so long as it is used consistently within the story. If the premise of this story is that the girl can time travel, change the past, and not disappear, then that is perfectly viable.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast