Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Is it realistic that Aoshika enjoys the rape after 18623 times?

Tower of God - level 100 located in Kanagawa

Default Is it realistic that Aoshika enjoys the rape after 18623 times?

Ok, I am trying to look into the rape topic here. Obviously the author is trying to portray a realistic environment with over the top characters. The question is, would real women be broken if they had Aoshika's experience. Aoshika was at the point where she doesn't care anymore and was actually enjoying it (well, we can blame it on the pills).

If this was real life, do you think any women could recover from this? Or.......

Actually, when was she ever enjoying it? She was given a drug.

Yes, women can recover. It may take therapy, medication, coming to terms with it, supportive partners, etc. but yes, it can be treated, if only to at least lessen the suffering from PTSD symptoms, guilt, depression, or whatever effect the rape may have had on them.

People deal with rape in different ways. Some become promiscuous to reclaim their bodies, some shut down, some do neither.

Rape victims do not enjoy their rape. Period.

This link may more fully help answer your question: http://www.d.umn.edu/cla/faculty/jha...925/myths.html
    Last edited by mpinsky; 02-29-2012 at 10:03 PM.

'Crazy' is my Middle Name Ahmyrak's Avatar
    Minnesota: The state where the weather never really makes up it's mind. =D

Quote Originally Posted by mpinsky View Post
    Actually, when was she ever enjoying it? She was given a drug.

Yes, women can recover. It may take therapy, medication, coming to terms with it, supportive partners, etc. but yes, it can be treated, if only to at least lessen the suffering from PTSD symptoms, guilt, depression, or whatever effect the rape may have had on them.

People deal with rape in different ways. Some become promiscuous to reclaim their bodies, some shut down, some do neither.

Rape victims do not enjoy their rape. Period.

This link may more fully help answer your question: http://www.d.umn.edu/cla/faculty/jha...925/myths.html
    I totally and utterly second this~ Couldn't have said it better myself.

NO WAY! Who in their right frame of mind could have enjoyed that?? She didn't but because she was given the drug, it sort of made her unstable. It's quite obvious that after a while, she looked weak as if she could just die any second. (a miracle that she didnt...)

Given what Aoshika has gone through, it is really a miracle if she ever recovers cause I don't know if anyone can ever get over that nightmare if something like that was to happen to them... At the very least, the author should show how mental aoshika has become even if it's minimal. She can't just go on with her life without those memories bothering her. It's just unrealistic...

Tower of God - level 100 located in Kanagawa

True, but she is like a rape-magnet, she was raped in High school; almost after meeting wolfy; then gang-raped..... I wonder what other tragedy has the author planned for Aoshika.... :(

Quote Originally Posted by Cool-kun View Post
    True, but she is like a rape-magnet, she was raped in High school; almost after meeting wolfy; then gang-raped..... I wonder what other tragedy has the author planned for Aoshika.... :(

aoshika had gotten to the point where she most likely could not feel anything anymore. Im glad she saw the light through inugami and embraced reality again.

2nd posted summed it up
    rape is rape, forced against their will and clearly she didn't enjoy it and was high on drugs to know what was happening
    Matching set with mi amor StarlyMermaid- thanks for the lovely set

N3wb

If she ever enjoyed it that would mean it was consensual technically that wouldn't be rape if she enjoyed it.

the way and the darkness darkmanifest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Drazi View Post
    If she ever enjoyed it that would mean it was consensual technically that wouldn't be rape if she enjoyed it.
    Somebody hops you up on enough drugs, you can also "enjoy" having some psychopath rip your guts out, but it's still murder. Aoshika never consented, at any point, ever, therefore it was rape.

And yeah, Aoshika can recover. She pulled her life back together after her first rape, it'll take a long time, but she's shown herself capable of a lot of strength. And I mean A LOT. (Seriously, girl didn't even blink when her rapists came at her again because she had Inugami to protect. They give soldiers medals of honor for less backbone than that.)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast