Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Top 10 Most Powerful Superpower Countries in the World

Lightning Coordinator +_VladeL_+'s Avatar

Poll Top 10 Most Powerful Superpower Countries in the World

There are a lot of theories on which is the correct sequence of the top ten superpower countries in the world. Below is a list of the top ten countries according to several users. Although, I am not saying that their sequences are correct. The videos and their list are here:

So, which do you think is the correct sequence, taking national economy, quantity and quality of enlisted military personnel, and quality and quantity of equipments [that includes tanks, jets, ships, weapons and other war tools] into account? Anyhow, you can create your own sequence if you think of it as the right one, or the more correct one. Year: before 2012 started.

Well, I've found a source saying that UK is stronger than Russia. At first, I don't believe it, considering the nuclear capabilities of Russia and the number of its army personnel. However, my cousin told me that I have to take the Royal Air Force into account. He has a point. Russia's equipment have been their equipment during the Soviet Era, or the Cold War. My professor also told me that Russia is not yet a developed country, same as China. Well, is UK a developed country also?

Want a more reliable source? Top 10 Most Powerful Countries by top-10-list.org

-OP ADDED-

In your own point of view, please fill in the blanks.

I. Top 1 Country: Military Personnel

a) in terms of quantity (number of army personnel, that includes those in Air Force, Navy, and Ground units), __________
    B) in terms of quality (that's the difficulty of the training of personnel in the Air Force, Navy and Ground units (includes army, marines, special forces, rangers, etc), __________

II. Top 1 Country: Air Force

a) in terms of quantity (number fighters, bombers, helicopters, any flying war machines of any kind, available or ready-to-use), __________
    b) in terms of quality (self explanatory. If you think US' raptor is the best in terms of its overall capabilities, pick US. If you think Russia's Sukhoi is the best, pick Russia, etc), __________

III. Top 1 Country: Navy

a) in terms of quantity (number submarines, battleships, PT boats, carriers, destroyers, and any war machines that floats on water, available or ready-to-use), __________
    b) in terms of quality (self explanatory. If you think US' destroyers/etc are the best in terms of its overall capabilities, pick US. If you think Russia's destroyers/etc are the best, pick Russia, etc), __________

IV. Top 1 Country: Tanks and Artillery

a) in terms of quantity (number of tanks and artillery, available or ready-to-use), __________
    b) in terms of quality (self explanatory. If you think US' Abrams is the best in terms of its overall capabilities, pick US. If you think UK's Challenger is the best, pick UK, etc), __________

V. Top 1 Country: Weapons of Mass Destruction

a) in terms of quantity (number of nuclear weapons, such as bombs and missiles, and hydrogen bombs, available or ready-to-use), __________
    b) in terms of quality (self explanatory. You should know what to do here after reading the above examples), __________

VI. Top 1 Country: Defense Capabilities

a) in terms of quantity (number of anti-missile radars, early warning devices, and such, available or ready-to-use), __________
    b) in terms of quality (self explanatory. You should know what to do here after reading the above examples), __________

VII. Top 1 Country: Economy

I'm not particular in economy, but you might as well put the country you think posses the best economy in the world.

-VlĐŁ
    Last edited by +_VladeL_+; 03-08-2012 at 02:37 PM.

The Fallen Angel

US, China, Russia, India, UK, France, Germany, Japan, Brazil, Turkey ( not israel, it has better tech but as a member of nato, turkey's stronger).

UK is developed, so is russia, you have a weird professor. Russia is considered developed yet still developing.

I don't see why the US is always number 1. Just because you start the most wars/conflicts doesn't mean you're the strongest. Look at the US economy, it relies almost entirely on foreign goods. Blockade the US and you win. War isn't soldiers Vs soldiers; it's far more than that now. Personally I think China's the strongest superpower seeing as they control huge degrees of produced goods world-wide, have the largest standing army, as well as immense civilian support(from what I know).

-kolschreiver-

Quote Originally Posted by kolschreiver View Post
    UK is developed, so is russia, you have a weird professor. Russia is considered developed yet still developing.
    He has stated that Russia and China is a developing country, but Singapore is already a developed country. At first, I didn't believe why Russia, one of the strongest country in the world is developing, yet the Singapore is already developed. He has stated reasons. Also, I've researched Developing countries [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developing_country] and Russia appears under Developing countries.

My professor never mentioned that the UK is not a developed country, I've just mentioned it here in MF, asking.

-VlĐŁ

I agree with China's placement relative to the US. We rely on each other so strongly, you may call it co-existence in a way.
    But it's the US's fault that so many Chinese workers are abused so badly. ;;

Warning, TL;DR!

I also agree with Brazil and Germany in lieu of Israel and South Korea, though SK may be slightly more developed than Turkey. I don't know why but I assumed Japan was higher up there.

The Fallen Angel

Quote Originally Posted by +_VladeL_+ View Post
    -kolschreiver-

He has stated that Russia and China is a developing country, but Singapore is already a developed country. At first, I didn't believe why Russia, one of the strongest country in the world is developing, yet the Singapore is already developed. He has stated reasons. Also, I've researched Developing countries [http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Developing_country] and Russia appears under Developing countries.

My professor never mentioned that the UK is not a developed country, I've just mentioned it here in MF, asking.

-VlĐŁ
    Ummm... your professor probably meant economically. As a member of G8 it is considered a developed nation. Economically it is estimated in another decade it will reach the status of a developed nation however like i said it is considered both as a developed nation and still developing. Maybe this will help. http://globalbrief.ca/blog/web/where...now-stands/805
    Last edited by kolschreiver; 02-29-2012 at 04:58 AM.

-kolschreiver-

Quote Originally Posted by kolschreiver View Post
    Ummm... your professor probably meant economically. As a member of G8 it is considered a developed nation. Economically it is estimated in another decade it will reach the status of a developed nation however like i said it is considered both as a developed nation and still developing. Maybe this will help. http://globalbrief.ca/blog/web/where...now-stands/805
    I know. Russia is a higher-level of developing countries, nearly to the developed country.

I've watched a youtube video [http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z1R5gcE3HR8] and found a trivia there:

US total population: somewhere in 200 million
    China female military personnel: 324 million

But that's old, US population reaches 400 million last year.

-VlĐŁ

Wow India in 4 and why not adding Pakistan? Pakistan has nuclear weapons etc..
    What do you mean by superpower countries? I am confused.

If you meant military superpower (as your videos seems to refer) then India wouldn't be in 4th place because India does not have high tech army, same for Russia however they are catching up.

A Custom Cosplayer Omnipotent Being's Avatar

S.Korea is millitarily stronger than N.korea? I always thought the opposite

Quote Originally Posted by Omnipotent Being View Post
    S.Korea is millitarily stronger than N.korea? I always thought the opposite
    From my perspective, I think that could be possible. Basically South Korea has better military service because of their proximity to North Korea which would potentially drive them to increase their military power. Just a simple hunch of mine (: But I am slightly surprised that North Korea didn't make the cut. As for the list, I find that the first one is the most accurate, but I'm actually surprised that Turkey made it on to the list. I think that US without a doubt is the superpower regardless of whether you're talking about economics, military, etc. But I'm looking at this from an economic standpoint: whatever decisions that this country makes could make or break international economies.

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast