Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: OMG!! I love Kyo so much!!! <3

Default OMG!! I love Kyo so much!!! <3

I love this author. She is so good at making people love her characters!!

At first I was into Haru because he was the hot bad boy type. But as I got to know Kyo's personality I just fell in love. I know it sounds stupid, but whenever I would read a part with Kyo in it my heart would start beating so hard it would hurt my chest. I'm so happy he ended up happy!

But when the manga ended i cried and cried. I was partly crying because fruits basket ended (and i love FB) but i was mostly crying because i wouldn't be able to see more of Kyo. (and that has never happened to me). i have tried so hard to find other characters like Kyo in different mangas, but i think it's impossible.

I also love how the author made tohru and kyo's love a slow one. It builded up the romance slowly. It made it seem real, unlike many mangas where the people all of a sudden fall in love for any reason. Also because of this i have a very hard time being able to find romance mangas that completely satisfies me.

What do you guys think? Did you like the slow builded up romance? Did you fall in love with any of the characters? Have you ever found a manga as good as fruits basket? Thoughts?

I agree with pretty much everything you just said xD lol. I love Kyo so so sooooo much!
    There's a character in Fairy Tail that i love as much as Kyo, his name is Gray. If you haven't read Fairy Tail yet, you really should, it is one of the best manga/animes that i have ever read/watched!

I'm also a huge fan of really slow building romances. xD Like, slow enough to annoy most people. I used to be a huge Ron/Hermione nerd (Supremely late edit: JOEY AND PACEY My OTP, their relationship was superrrr slow building and I loved every second). Touru/Kyou have to be the cutest couple in the history of foreverness though. I love the innocence between them. <3
    Last edited by smileybird; 05-13-2012 at 03:35 AM.

One of The Followers Chuckles Merrily's Avatar

Kyo was my favorite character in fruits basket the second he fell through that roof )) first manga boy crush everrr haha! Such a cutie, i love slow romances too, it really seemed like it was going to be Yuki for sure for a long time!

I've started reading vampire knight and the character Zero is kinda cool like kyo ) as for slow romances, try Hana Yori Dango. Dont be put off by the initial drawings as the story is great and it's one of the funniest manga's i've read !

A Page Flipper

Honestly, i dont like romance manga before. But, furuba is the only exception -for now-
    The story really amazing. Uniting humor and sadness in one title comic is awesome.

Have you read Naruto?? Well, i have to say -i will apologizes first- if Furuba got eight from me, then Naruto will got ten in ten scale. Hheheehe but, the quality of comics are determined by how its gonna end. So, for now Naruto got ten for me

One of The Followers otaku_chan29's Avatar

I agree with everything you said! It's almost the exact same (except the part that you were into Haru, although I do admit he's really cool, but I was into Yuki instead). I also loved this because of the slow romance (I like how gradual it is, for both Yuki and Kyo) because I really don't believe in that love-at-first-sight thing (I just think it's impossible to fall for someone with no reason) and because of the comedic lines. I really laughed so hard.

I like how the relationship is not fake and its more realistic than most mangas.
    Last edited by kiikiha; 04-27-2012 at 09:16 AM.

[i love fruits basket nd all the charaters hatsuharo, yuki, kyou, etc.

One of The Followers Akito Sohma 101's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ilovefruitsbasket21 View Post
    [i love fruits basket nd all the charaters hatsuharo, yuki, kyou, etc.
    Even Akito?

Quote Originally Posted by Akito Sohma 101 View Post
    Even Akito?
    I know your not asking me, but anyway...... I like Akito. True, Akito caused the other members of the zodiac pain and grief, but he himself was also in great pain. All of the zodiac suffered, including the god. In the end Akito tried to make amends for what he had done in the past. He admitted to it, and I think that takes great courage. He didn't avoid or try to escape from the problems. I really liked that smile he showed in the end.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast