Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast

Thread: Something About The Big 3

I have a question,

Itunes says that they can not sell international music to other countries bc each nation has its own copyright laws.
    Now I heard mangafox resides in China or at least its server, how come VIZ or even SHUEISHA have any say in what mangafox does?
    Isnt VIZ only owner of the big 3 in USA?
    Isnt SHUEISHA only owner of the big 3 in JAPAN?

So if Europe the big 3 doesnt have an owner, arent the ppl in europe free to read it anywhere, since in their country is ownerless?

Quote Originally Posted by Gabyta07 View Post
    I have a question,

Itunes says that they can not sell international music to other countries bc each nation has its own copyright laws.
    Now I heard mangafox resides in China or at least its server, how come VIZ or even SHUEISHA have any say in what mangafox does?
    Isnt VIZ only owner of the big 3 in USA?
    Isnt SHUEISHA only owner of the big 3 in JAPAN?

So if Europe the big 3 doesnt have an owner, arent the ppl in europe free to read it anywhere, since in their country is ownerless?
    it should be that way. I have tried to explain countless times that internet is countryless since you can't apply the laws of one specific country since users and webs are out of that country.

in fact it's hard as hell to even use the laws of the country were the page is stored or the laws of the country of the person/company that owns the web.

why?
    think about it. as owner of the server I'm only providing the hosting but I'm not responsible for the content of the web. and the owner of the company responsible of the web can claim that they are responsible only for the content not for where it's physically stored (you don't need to know where is the physical server to be able to upload content on it)

and over all of this we also have the country were it resides the final user.
    laws of this country don't apply to neither the owner of the server nor the owner of the page. only to the final user. they are in fact the only laws that can be used for that specific user (but not for users from other countries evidently)

BUT some people like to believe that their laws can be applied to any country just because they say so.
    Knowledge is freedom.
    Ignorance is happiness.
    What do you prefer?
    ----------------------------------------
    The path to perfection is not to avoid making mistakes,
    it's making lots of mistakes and never repeat them.
    If nothing else learn this:
    Always ask "why?" and never take "I don't know" or "because I say so" for an answer.

I still say, "F.uck a Flat Chest Revolver Blast's Avatar

man, i wish the big three were token down for good in all sites, i would love to see everyone bitching.

so whats the point of this thread again?
    just to inform everybody that the "big 3" is no longer in MF..

well people can still read them at Manga--------reader <---
    Last edited by Revolver Blast; 03-19-2012 at 03:54 AM.

EF's White Nine-Tailed Fox November Rose's Avatar

Personally, I think companies should get over it. I understand that having manga on here is technically illegal, but it helps the readers know what they like and what they don't. Companies complain that they are losing money because of sites like Mangafox, and all the other sites. But that is not the case. It's because they want TOO MUCH for so little. A volume for a manga costs somewhere between $8-$15. Because of prices like these, I see people reading the manga in he store as if they were in the library. People are not going to pay that much unless they have the money to spend. There are many mangas that I love that I would buy, but the prices are too expensive. It's the same with anime. For a disc that usually has four to six episodes (sometimes 12 if the anime is only 24 episodes), they will charge about $50-$60. Personally, I love Funimation. They understand how their fans work. They upload the anime they dub/sub onto Youtube, so their fans can see if they like it. Then, they sell the anime at its typical price, BUT they also have their super save deal where they will sell the entire anime for about $30, maybe a little bit more depending on how many episodes it has. If most companies lower their prices, and do what Funimation is doing, it would make things so much easier both on them and the fans. However, that's probably not going to happen, and someone will probably explain it to me using economic/business reasons and terms I probably won't understand.
    Last edited by November Rose; 03-19-2012 at 01:35 PM.

One of The Followers ChakraBombs's Avatar

I want big 3 now.

N3wb

Omg everything is getting licensed even beelzebub is licensed now!

Posting Phantom lord of light and dark's Avatar

I do hope we get back not only the big 3 but all the manga on this site that has been licensed after all I think this site is the best for updated manga and one of the friendliest sites I have been on so hope they get unlicensed soon.

Concerning the manga "Aphorism" which has the license tag on MF

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=31646

According to that source, it says it is licensed by Chuang Yi, which is:
    A company that specializes in manga publishing and distribution. It is located in Singapore, but also has rights to distribute some manga series in Australia and New Zealand.

They also publish manga in Chinese.

-----

So if a manga is licensed ANYWHERE in the world, it's not viewable on MF? It seems silly, especially since basically all scanlation is illegal...

Quote Originally Posted by pknoctis View Post
    Concerning the manga "Aphorism" which has the license tag on MF

http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=31646

According to that source, it says it is licensed by Chuang Yi, which is:
    A company that specializes in manga publishing and distribution. It is located in Singapore, but also has rights to distribute some manga series in Australia and New Zealand.

They also publish manga in Chinese.

-----

So if a manga is licensed ANYWHERE in the world, it's not viewable on MF? It seems silly, especially since basically all scanlation is illegal...

good to see somebody else noticed.
    it seems that if a manga is licensed anywhere everybody else is forbidden to view it online.

lawful? probably.
    justice? not a chance.
    Knowledge is freedom.
    Ignorance is happiness.
    What do you prefer?
    The path to perfection is not to avoid making mistakes,
    it's making lots of mistakes and never repeat them.
    If nothing else learn this:
    Always ask "why?" and never take "I don't know" or "because I say so" for an answer.

Has a Few Faves

what's the big 3?? it doesn't matter because mangas are being licensed left and right THIS IS MADNESS!!

Page 31 of 47 FirstFirst ... 21293031323341 ... LastLast