Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Do u guys want Luffy to get Ace's mera mera devil fruit

Rightful King of the Andals, Rhoynar and First Men ~Franky~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky View Post
    Cheap as in not earned through blood and sweat; all I'd have to say about it being Ace's fruit is 'overpowered'. Not only would it change Luffy's entire fighting style which at this point would be sickening, but it would change his entire dynamic before he even gets to the point of fighting Yonkou or Admiral level people. If he was to obtain that ultimate sort of power-up and not incur any penalties a la Blackbeard, then he ought to not get that until the very end when he throws down with BB for real. Even then, that would be an unwelcome surprise. Luffy should be able to reach that point without needing any more DF abilities. How's he going to brag about becoming PK by utilizing one of the most bizarre Paramecia abilities if he gets another type?
    1) He's still gonna need to improve it and bind it to his fighting style (Gomu Gomu) which is pretty hard to do, so it's not gonna be cheap even in that sense. He's not just gonna start doing the exact same attacks as Ace. That would be pretty lame.

2) What's over powered about it? intangibility is a moot point in the NW, and more fire-power (pun not intended) is exactly what he's gonna need if he ever needs any kind of power-up.

3) You're underestimating Oda's creativity if you think the Mera Mera is gonna change his fighting style in an unpleasant way. Seriously, just look at Red Hawk, is that what you'd call umpleasant?

4) Luffy doesn't brag. You ought to know that by now.
    Last edited by ~Franky~; 03-14-2013 at 06:08 PM.

Set by .Arma

The Legendary Otaku BattleFranky's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Franky D. Boss View Post
    1) He's still gonna need to improve it and bind it to his fighting style (Gomu Gomu) which is pretty hard to do, so it's not gonna be cheap even in that sense. He's not just gonna start doing the exact same attacks as Ace. That would be pretty lame.

2) What's over powered about it? intangibility is a moot point in the NW, and more fire-power (pun not intended) is exactly what he's gonna need if he ever needs any kind of power-up.

3) You're underestimating Oda's creativity if you think the Mera Mera is gonna change his fighting style in an unpleasant way. Seriously, just look at Red Hawk, is that what you'd call umpleasant?

4) Luffy doesn't brag. You ought to know that by now.
    1. Again, if it didn't happen before the time skip, it's a little late for that kind of stuff
    2. He's already got rubber-body protection, adding Logia is overkill and, as you pointed out, pretty much unnecessary what with all the Haki users in the NW; he'd be better of just sticking with what he knows and how to guard against attacks in the style he's familiar with
    3. Red Hawk is fine as it is, there's no need to make Luffy all about flaming rubber. How many people on the crew use flame already? It's the one thing that needs to be downplayed, not played up
    4. "I am Luffy, the man who will become pirate king!"

Didn't think this much awesomeness was possible.

Rightful King of the Andals, Rhoynar and First Men ~Franky~'s Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BattleFranky View Post
    1. Again, if it didn't happen before the time skip, it's a little late for that kind of stuff
    2. He's already got rubber-body protection, adding Logia is overkill and, as you pointed out, pretty much unnecessary what with all the Haki users in the NW; he'd be better of just sticking with what he knows and how to guard against attacks in the style he's familiar with
    3. Red Hawk is fine as it is, there's no need to make Luffy all about flaming rubber. How many people on the crew use flame already? It's the one thing that needs to be downplayed, not played up
    4. "I am Luffy, the man who will become pirate king!"
    1) Not really, half the fandom is trying to figure out what G4 is gonna be and every idea is more nonesense than the last...

2) You have to make up your mind, is it useless or overkill?

3) The SHs creativity comes from their styles, not what elements they can use. I would personally like to see Luffy use more fire techniques, i liked Red Hawk better than any fire ability in the crew.

4) Well, that just goes to show that he's still gonna say it as proudly whatever powers he has.

Set by .Arma

I agree with BatteFranky...I mean sure i sounds interesting on paper but it is a cheap power up...It will alter Luffy's fighting style which i dont want happening as i like the way he fights now..The idea of Luffy eating that fruit has more cons than pros...

Quote Originally Posted by unknownOnePieceFan View Post
    Should Luffy have two devil fruits
    Absolutely not, he must remain a rubber man. In Oda I trust.

I think Luffy would eat the Mera-Mera Fruit out of pure spite, it kinda feels like it would be in his character to do it. Also, I think he could handle the mera-mera fruit since he's been using Gear 2nd to shoot steam out of his body, and Red Hawk to ignite himself, so maybe you can consider that 'training' for the use of it.

As for effecting his fighting style... I think he would use the Mera-Mera as a kind of 'propulsion' for his attacks... Like if he uses Bazooka, he'll shoot flames out of his hands (Like a Rocket) to make it even faster and even more destructive.... stuff like that

I don't really like the idea of Luffy eating the Mera Mera no Mi (I would like Blackbeard to be the only exception of eating more than one fruit) and judging from the latest chapter, the chances of Luffy eating it has decreased dramatically. From the looks of it, he wants somebody else to eat it instead of himself evidenced by this page from the latest chapter http://mangafox.me/manga/one_piece/v69/c703/7.html. Luffy does say he wants it but on the next two panels, he says that he already has the Gomu Gomu no Mi so he can't eat the Mera Mera no Mi however he just doesn't want some random person eating it at the same time.

But who knows? Oda is full of surprises so I wouldn't put it past him if he made Luffy eat the Mera Mera no Mi and have an explanation behind it (like for example, only the people with the Will of D can eat more than one fruit).

I don't like the idea either. That would destroy this manga's concept, which made OP that great. No-one did suddenly become OP. However Teach was only 1 exception.
    Unlike other mangas character's power are limited to 1 devil fruit.
    Btw Luffy hasn't gone all out yet.

If Luffy eats Ace's fruit (and manage to control it), he will obviously power up a lot. With that power he may be even on par with the admirals.
    Everyone want him to become stronger. But you have to consider, once Luffy can beat an admiral / Yonkou, OP will end soon ^^^.
    Last edited by mangaseekerx; 03-30-2013 at 12:02 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mangaseekerx View Post
    I don't like the idea either. That would destroy this manga's concept, which made OP that great. No-one did suddenly become OP. However Teach was only 1 exception.
    Unlike other mangas character's power are limited to 1 devil fruit.
    Btw Luffy hasn't gone all out yet.

If Luffy eats Ace's fruit (and manage to control it), he will obviously power up a lot. With that power he may be even on par with the admirals.
    Everyone want him to become stronger. But you have to consider, once Luffy can beat an admiral / Yonkou, OP will end soon ^^^.
    Yeah and is one of the reasons why I don't want him to eat it but if he does eat it and doesn't explode then it might be because only the people with the Will of D can only eat more than one fruit.

Also, One Piece is only halfway done so I don't think Luffy will be defeating an admiral/Yonkou anytime soon. If I had to estimate how many years One Piece still has to keep going then probably about 10 years or even more like 12 or 13 years if Oda wants to or not.

I think Luffy is still a mid tier (however he is at the highest ranking of mid tiers imo) despite not going all out yet.
    Last edited by Mihawk1222; 03-30-2013 at 12:15 AM.

Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213