Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Sceldrant's Comet

Lightning Rostical User Rostical's Avatar

Talking Sceldrant's Comet

Good evening fellow friends ,

For those who've checked out the manga, what did you think of the intro regarding the warriors and the Consultant?
    We're about another 20-40 pages away from completing the first chapter of the series (vol. 1) of the "boring" chapter haha. So, hopefully the excitement will pick up when the comet makes its appearance .

For those who've checked out the eBooks (pretty much the script to the manga) what are your thoughts on that? We're excited to hear your thoughts on it.
    (If you haven't checked out the eBook, it's for free on itunes, B&N, Kobo, Diesel, Smashwords, so why not :'D).

We'll be happy to throw in some spoilers for any curious questions regarding the story.

Hope all is well!

Silver Nite

:( Any more chapters?

Quote Originally Posted by Alphase View Post
    :( Any more chapters?
    There sure is! .
    We're currently finding a good spot to end the 'chapter' as the manga follows the script word by word, meaning we've got to manually cut off each chapter.
    We just finished the first chapter in the story, but we want it to end when the first Scoldrant (monster) is introduced.

We expect chapter 4 to be released sometime in the next month.
    Once interest picks up, we can hopefully produce more chapters on a monthly scale.
    Thanks! .

- Michael.

Posting Phantom

I'll be frank, I think this is crap.

The intro is very heavy on the action but its extremely confusing and explains nothing. The reader is then yanked out of the fantasy, action world and thrown back into the 'real world' where the reader is crushed with an incredible amount of inane, monotonous everyday material. Theres literally no reason to get attached with ANY of the characters and the plot is uh... non-existent. I literally got more information about this series out of the description than I did reading the first 4 "chapters" or 200-odd pages.

Quote Originally Posted by imercenary View Post
    I'll be frank, I think this is crap.

The intro is very heavy on the action but its extremely confusing and explains nothing. The reader is then yanked out of the fantasy, action world and thrown back into the 'real world' where the reader is crushed with an incredible amount of inane, monotonous everyday material. Theres literally no reason to get attached with ANY of the characters and the plot is uh... non-existent. I literally got more information about this series out of the description than I did reading the first 4 "chapters" or 200-odd pages.
    Imercenary,
    No worries, thanks for your opinion! Yeah, I definately agree that we've got problems with the pacing. Chapter four concludes the first chapter which is only 30pages in the script.
    The series was more intended to be an audiobook, but our love for manga, we just had to do it :').

The GG
    The Butthole of America, A.K.A Missouri, A.K.A Misery

I actually find this pretty interesting. Since we get to see a glimpse of the story to come, the build up so far has been really god.

Quote Originally Posted by Krayven69 View Post
    I actually find this pretty interesting. Since we get to see a glimpse of the story to come, the build up so far has been really god.
    Krayven69,

We're really happy that you like it!!
    We also hope things can start unravelling now that we're
    . Thanks again for your comment .

... i dunno where that e-book is but i like quite like the intro...
    mind linking me to the e-book? I'm begging?

"Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgment. Like some kind of mental illness."

"There is happiness for those who accept their fate, there is glory for those who resist their fate."

It's awfully quiet back there. Are you two making out?"

"A man should torture his friends well and make them cry.”

"There is no such thing in this world as coincidence, there is but that which is fated to be!"

Quote Originally Posted by PCheshire View Post
    ... i dunno where that e-book is but i like quite like the intro...
    mind linking me to the e-book? I'm begging?
    PCheshire,

Thanks for your interest !

If you're an Ipad/Phone/Pod user, you can grab the script off iBooks. Otherwise, here's the link to the eBook (in many formats for your convenience). . If you manage to get through some of it, we'd love to hear your thoughts on it!

http://www.smashwords.com/books/view/47031

Best Regards,
    Michael.

N3wb

i think its got great potential. i also didn't mind the jump from fantasy to real-world, it was rough but all in all it helped me get into the story. If this had strictly been started in the "fantasy world" then i would have been bored. They all start out as real world people and thats cool to me.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast