Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A question about Animus and the Master

N3wb

Default A question about Animus and the Master

I've been re-reading wakusei no samidare today and I've noticed an interesting thing that I've missed before.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/wakuse...09/c060/4.html

Dying Animus wishes himself to be reincarnated as an all knowing person and sees that he will be 'preincarnated' in the past and it will probably take him over 500 years to erase his wrongdoings.

Would it mean that the Master is actually a reincarnation of Animus in the past?

Sorry if I'm reposting something obvious, but I've never seen anyone pointing this out

that'd be pretty DEEP if it was... nice find

A Page Flipper

haha, nice find, I just know that

Has a Few Faves

Yeah, the Master is actually Animus' reincarnation.

The manga is FULL of foreshadowing.

OMG how did i miss that... god this manga is full of foreshadowing...and in a good way ;-) god that just makes the master death even sadder, do you think the master knew?... i cant count how many times ive laughed out loud and cried reading this manga :-D

You're all morons lol.

Not only was Animus from the future so he could only be reincarnated further into the future, but Animus must have been alive in order for Master to get his knight powers, so how could have been reincarnated?

Also that's not foreshadowing.

But this series does not even try to be logical, so I guess he could be. There's just no reason for it.

Someone didn't read the page the OP linked.

That does not disprove what I said, But what I said still disproves what he says. They both existed at the same time so he can't be a reincarnation.

A Page Flipper

Quote Originally Posted by ggqt View Post
    That does not disprove what I said, But what I said still disproves what he says. They both existed at the same time so he can't be a reincarnation.
    As you pointed out, it's a work of fiction, so it's rules are bound by whatever ones the author makes. If the author want's to make a reincarnated person live at the same time as his past self he is well in his ability to do so, and if you'll allow me to I'll explain exactly why I believe he put in this plot device.

Lets look at the facts. When Animus talks about reincarnation he says three things, that he wants to be all-knowing, it will take him 500 years to make up for his bad karma, and I quote "...Its quite far back in the past. ...So even that sort of thing can happen huh...".
    When you look at these it's blatantly obvious that all of these apply to the Master's life. There is no reason the author would be so specific about these points if the reader wasn't meant to infer that.

Now with that in mind, you say this plot device would be pointless if true but I highly disagree with you, in fact I think it's an integral part of the story. The central theme of this story is that of growing up. Animus committing countless evils with his childlike naivety, and then being reincarnated as the Master, who's countless goods and adult-like maturity greatly contribute to stopping his evil future(or past if you prefer) self, shows karma balancing out, the main villain overcoming his childhood and growing up, and can really be seen as a metaphor for the series itself.

Now that I've finished my rant, I don't see what's idiotic about this theory at all.
    Last edited by Churchboy666; 09-30-2012 at 09:12 AM.

That takes the "we are all humans" quote to a WHOOOLE new level of awesome.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast