Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this appropriate for 'kids' ?

Lurking Manga Otaku pockypockie's Avatar

Default Is this appropriate for 'kids' ?

I read the description on wikipedia, and I was wondering if this is not too gorey or whatever for a 13 year old. It seems really interesting, and I've read a bit of mature manga but I don't know if this would be too scary or mature for me..

Just start reading it, if you feel uncounfortable switch to another manga

Lurking Manga Otaku pockypockie's Avatar

Okay, thanks!

Scarlet Eyes | Sharingan Uchihagaeshi's Avatar

i don't think this manga is too gore. i've read it and the scenes aren't really scary. and scenes where human body is decapitated is rare here, so it won't be a big problem.
    Set by Labrador

Revenge is our sanity, it only makes our hatred bearable and it's what makes us human. We are avengers, Emperor Time and Sharingan side by side, setting thy chain of judgement ablaze with black flames.

One of The Followers

Quote Originally Posted by pockypockie View Post
    I read the description on wikipedia, and I was wondering if this is not too gorey or whatever for a 13 year old. It seems really interesting, and I've read a bit of mature manga but I don't know if this would be too scary or mature for me..
    The fact that this was serialized in a SHOUNEN magazine and that the main character is a sixth-grader tells you that this manga was aimed at elementary-grade children in Japan. But since American kids are a bunch of stupid and immature brats, raised by puritan-minded parents, Viz Media had to publish it with a "17+" rating, which is extremely ridiculous.
    About your question: If you get traumatized by watching Bambi, you should stop reading/watching Japanese media. If you find this "too mature", I cannot even begin to think what'll happen to you if you try to watch another Japanese family-oriented drama, like the Grave of the Fireflies.

N3wb

Quote Originally Posted by gundam5 View Post
    The fact that this was serialized in a SHOUNEN magazine and that the main character is a sixth-grader tells you that this manga was aimed at elementary-grade children in Japan. But since American kids are a bunch of stupid and immature brats, raised by puritan-minded parents, Viz Media had to publish it with a "17+" rating, which is extremely ridiculous.
    About your question: If you get traumatized by watching Bambi, you should stop reading/watching Japanese media. If you find this "too mature", I cannot even begin to think what'll happen to you if you try to watch another Japanese family-oriented drama, like the Grave of the Fireflies.
    quite the racist u are

hahah whaaaaa? The Grave of the Fireflies is not scary or mature or gore, it's just a sad story that makes you cry (like Bambi).
    I think the girl meant if it had too much gore or explicit sex lololol (I haven't read the manga so I don't know)

But heyy if you feel it's too much for you, just stop reading, it's not like you're gonna be psychologically damaged just by a picture

One of The Followers

Quote Originally Posted by rceclmn View Post
    quite the racist u are
    Woah, woah, woah. The United States of America is NOT a race. Do you even know what racism means?

first of all,when you say america do you mean north america or south,I assume you mean The USA, don't group the whole U.S.A as if were a group of small minded sheep. Have you've been to the usa, Its a diverse group of people from different nations. Second you can find immature brats in any country, if u only know americans who happen to be immature brats, don't use them to represent the whole country, third the movie The exorcist has a child as a main character does that mean I should have my theoretical child watch it.Most of the people I know have been watching horror movies since the age of five. I really hate it when people bash on america. The USA is like a celebrity, people pick at its every flaw. I'm not saying USA is better than all countries, but you gotta admit it one of the most popular countries. The united states is my home,its the place the majority of my family decided to make there home, And no country should be judged like that unless you've gone to it and have had a moment with every single person in it.

A Page Flipper

Simple answer. If you can handle 'Lord of the Flies' you can handle this. There's not so much gore and I thing the physical depictions are second to the subtler psychological horror being played out through the children.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast