View Poll Results: How would you rate this arc?

Voters
197. You may not vote on this poll
  • 10 (Highest)

33 16.75%

14 7.11%

16 8.12%

22 11.17%

14 7.11%

14 7.11%

7 3.55%

15 7.61%

2 1.02%
  • 1 (lowest)

60 30.46%
Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Tokyo Arc [Kazama] Discussion (READ OP)

Default Tokyo Arc [Kazama] Discussion (READ OP)

The Arc Discussion Threads

The Arc Discussion series of threads are being implemented as a potential solution to creating a more coherent discussion of the various parts of the story. These threads are meant to be a "Post Chapter Discussion" meaning first impressions and comments like "I liked the chapter!" do not belong in this thread

What does belong in this thread are discussions on the arc in general weaving together the various chapters within it.

Kazama Arc :

The Arc will cover the time Haruto moves to Tokyo until the time that Yuzuki leaves (Chapter 81 - 101 )

set by Mink©

Default Arc rating

arc rating poll 1

set by Mink©

A Page Flipper

Quote Originally Posted by Juan View Post
    hmmm maybe maybe not. Actually you could argue that he didn't think that as well considering he didn't even know that Haruto existed much less the role he played in Yuzuki's life.

By the way there are new threads created for discussing the particular arcs of the story why not post there
    My hypothesis is based how Kazama knows hes dying and tries to get everything out of each day that he can. He knows the surgery could kill him and it isn't until his war with Haruto that his opinion on his surgery changes. That he realizes that Yuzuki will be happier with Haruto then him and that there are other people that have feelings for him.

I came to the conclusion after reading this page http://www.mangafox.com/manga/kimi_n...2/c098/13.html
    The chapter after is titled I can trust you with her. The context might lead to to believe that Kazama is trying to hook up Haruto with Kiyomi, but i believe the message is one last confirmation of haruto's feelings for Eba before he gambles his life on his surgery.

Ill copy my original post so people know what we're talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Misary View Post
    My thoughts on the Kazama/Haruto/Eba situation. Kazama knew Eba was only dating him out Pity, that's why he postponed the surgery. So he could spend more time with her since it could kill him. Once he realized how much she still loves Haruto, is when he decided to let her go and move on with her life. I would assume that even if the surgery was a success, Kazama would of broke up with Eba, knowing their relationship wasn't based on much. He accepted Haruto as the man for her though Haruto's war with him for Eba's heart.

well I don't disagree with what you said actually. I'm not so sure he necessarily believed that she was pity dating him that's all. I absolutely agree with you that the reason he was not doing the surgery was because he wanted to "spend as much time with her".

This chapter I think shows why I don't believe he thought she was pity dating him. Look at what he says here
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/kimi_n...1/c089/13.html

In the next chapter it's revealed that Kazuma was actually courting Yuzuki for the longest time and he never stopped. He would even text her while she was in Hiroshima. So yes, I think he knew to a certain extent that he may have gotten her to say yes because of the fact that he was sick but he also believed that all his prior efforts, before that, also played a large part in getting her to agree.

When Haruto appeared and he saw the way they interacted, he must have really felt the challenge or the fact that maybe it was true that she just felt sorry for him. But he was not about to give up because he believed that Yuzuki had really fallen for him because of everything. That is probably why he took the surgery to "survive" and prove that it was not done out of pity.

He was the one who told Haruto "not to play the hero" I honestly don't see him necessarily playing that role. He wanted it to be a "fair fight" to determine who among the two of them she would really choose. Well that's my take at least
    Last edited by Juan; 12-05-2011 at 02:43 AM.

set by Mink©

A Level-5 Nihility Master alcrowry's Avatar

I think deep down Kazama always knew that Yuzuki was pity dating him.
    Granted, his words at the first maybe pointed to other directions, but I think that's because he wanted to help Haruto and told him not to give up. If he knew about Haruto-Yuzuki from the very beginning, his words would be different, I think.
    The Dark Side of Misaka Mikoto

The so-called "Killer" Editor of Engelbert's FanFic

my opinion on kazama him self is very low. personally i feel he made some very selfish choice and just didn't want to see what he was doing was wrong. he wanted to believe yuzuki dated him out of love, but he had to of know something was off.

to the arc itself my biggest problem was how "short" it was. by that i mean we never really got a good conclusion to the arc because it felt like it had ended to soon. like his death was too abrupt to provide a nice resolution.

what i thought would eventually happen would be haruto or kazama would come to a resolution. Yuzuki would either make her choice, or the choice would be made for her by kazama dumping her "honorably" but things were left too open when he died.
    I'm ready for the Zombies.
    Are YOU?

siggy by Vanity

don't click this link...

@Juan

You should merge the rant/bash thread with this one cause I'm very sure this is the most hated arc with the most hated character :P Oh yeah I gave it a 1 since it was this arc that almost made me stop reading this manga.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravewolf View Post
    @Juan

You should merge the rant/bash thread with this one cause I'm very sure this is the most hated arc with the most hated character :P Oh yeah I gave it a 1 since it was this arc that almost made me stop reading this manga.
    Why? The discussion in here so far has been very positive.

I didn't dislike the arc. It was probably my least favorite. Out of all the arcs this was seemed the least plausibl and difficult to relate to. I don't believe this is the case at all but if it came out that this arc was written by someone else I wouldn't be overly surprised. It just feels completely different to me.

Kazama was a bit of a jerk for how he manipulated Yuzuki. But it's difficult to blame him too much. It's hard to imagine dying at 17. He couldn't accomplish his career goal in life of being a racing motorcycle driver so dating the girl he loves was within his grasp. I just find it hard to condemn him for wanted that fleeting moment of happiness even if it was selfish.

With all that being said I still enjoyed the arc. It still kept me coming back to find out the future of Haruto and Yuzuki. I was still entertained pretty well by an Asuka character who was pretty funny in these chapters. I guess I'd give it about a 6 or 7. Because I give the series about a 8.5 or 9 so far.
    "I think that all the silence is worse than all the violence" -Lupe Fiasco

Quote Originally Posted by badgeward View Post
    Why? The discussion in here so far has been very positive.

I didn't dislike the arc. It was probably my least favorite. Out of all the arcs this was seemed the least plausibl and difficult to relate to. I don't believe this is the case at all but if it came out that this arc was written by someone else I wouldn't be overly surprised. It just feels completely different to me.

Kazama was a bit of a jerk for how he manipulated Yuzuki. But it's difficult to blame him too much. It's hard to imagine dying at 17. He couldn't accomplish his career goal in life of being a racing motorcycle driver so dating the girl he loves was within his grasp. I just find it hard to condemn him for wanted that fleeting moment of happiness even if it was selfish.

With all that being said I still enjoyed the arc. It still kept me coming back to find out the future of Haruto and Yuzuki. I was still entertained pretty well by an Asuka character who was pretty funny in these chapters. I guess I'd give it about a 6 or 7. Because I give the series about a 8.5 or 9 so far.
    If I would have to re-read KNIM I would definitely skip out on this arc. Almost every characters actions in this arc almost made me rage and since it was hard for me to comprehend them. Kazama is pretty much a douchebag since if he was a real friend he would have considered the effect of his actions on his friends life. I don't want to elaborate any further since I've already said everything I wanted to say in another thread. Also that first sentence can be taken as a joke so don't take it seriously, you do know I have a rather peculiar sense of humor

Quote Originally Posted by DisposablHero View Post
    my opinion on kazama him self is very low. personally i feel he made some very selfish choice and just didn't want to see what he was doing was wrong. he wanted to believe yuzuki dated him out of love, but he had to of know something was off.
    Yeah actually I have to agree with you, I was just pointing that out to say that he convinced himself otherwise and wasn't really "thinking it" but I guess the truth of Haruto brought it back to the fore.

to the arc itself my biggest problem was how "short" it was. by that i mean we never really got a good conclusion to the arc because it felt like it had ended to soon. like his death was too abrupt to provide a nice resolution.

what i thought would eventually happen would be haruto or kazama would come to a resolution. Yuzuki would either make her choice, or the choice would be made for her by kazama dumping her "honorably" but things were left too open when he died.
    I have to agree with you actually, much the same as Yuzuki and Haruto there was never really a proper ending or conclusion to the arc. It was one of those things that "just happens" you can place it down maybe to Seo being lazy to write a proper end to the chapter or it could also be him telling us that sometimes things happen in life and we just have to make do with what we have. Which ever way you want to look at it it's up to you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gravewolf View Post
    @Juan

LOL well definitely the most rage happened in this arc. I, as I'm pretty sure you remember xD raged quite a bit in this arc as well. I never really could understand why the heck the characters were acting that way.

Haruto seems to have lost all his pride in that arc and I wanted to smack him at the back of his head and tell him to wake up.

Kazama, well he was actually the cause of all this with the lame pity date card thing he pulled, but to be honest, I think during the arc itself his actions were probably the most reasonable.

Yuzuki, Well I honestly believe that she really held majority of the blame for what happened in this arc. Yeah Kazama's pity date thing was low but Yuzuki had a lot of alternatives than to merely agree to him. There was all this talk about some "deep dark secret" but in the end it really was just her "repaying him". I still stand that she could have done that without being his girlfriend. So what if he can't get what he wanted? He can't really force her either.

That said, Yuzuki of all the characters in that arc was the one who actually "knew everything". I can't really blame Haruto and Kazama as much since they were in the dark about quite a number of things, in particular about each other and each other's respective relationship with Yuzuki. So at the end of the day, the one with the power to resolve the situation, and who never exercised that power was really Yuzuki

PS Well while I agree that the most rage was generated in these chapters let's try to keep the conversations and discussions here civil. The arc is complete and we know the whole story so I'll trust that people have calmed down quite a bit by now

set by Mink©

Page 1 of 59 1231151 ... LastLast