Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts about the manga

Default Thoughts about the manga

No offence to the authur of this manga but the drawing is just awful. When the anime finished i thought i would continue with the manga but it proves almost imposibble to read. I could only read 3 chapters before i reach my boiling point. Personally i am disappointed because i have been reading manga for a long time and this is the worse i have seen by far.

In a land where vegetables reign supreme.

that could just b because its been scanned onto a computer.almost every manga online looks crappy 2 me, at least compared 2 the real thing.

Don't blame the scanners^^ they have nothing to do with how bad the drawings are! O:< lol.
    I don't know what Togashi-sensei's problem is but he chose to draw HXH in this style so there's nothing we can do about it. D:

...And why are you guys talking about the drawings anyways!? we're not supposed to be discussing this type of topic here O:

In your mirror... waiting for you to weaken...

Quote Originally Posted by Mithril View Post
    Don't blame the scanners^^ they have nothing to do with how bad the drawings are! O:< lol.
    I don't know what Togashi-sensei's problem is but he chose to draw HXH in this style so there's nothing we can do about it. D:

...And why are you guys talking about the drawings anyways!? we're not supposed to be discussing this type of topic here O:
    Point 1 and 2, total agreement. Point 3, why shouldn't we?

The funny thing about Togashi is that when he wants to, his drawing style is absolutely spectacular. The style in general is quite simplistic, but the quality of the drawings varies a great deal over the whole course of the series. Personally, I find the story rivetting enough that I can forgive or ignore the parts where the drawing gets crappy.

Quote Originally Posted by SunFox View Post
    Point 1 and 2, total agreement. Point 3, why shouldn't we?

The funny thing about Togashi is that when he wants to, his drawing style is absolutely spectacular. The style in general is quite simplistic, but the quality of the drawings varies a great deal over the whole course of the series. Personally, I find the story rivetting enough that I can forgive or ignore the parts where the drawing gets crappy.
    Because it's against the rules... >___> we should only be talking about the manga... not the drawing or the author.... this one's considered as spam, actually :x

Default My theory about the drawing

This is my own personal theory on the drawing, there is no proof, but I honestly think that it is "crappy" to enhance the story. I feel like scenery and bodies are regarded as not important to the conveyance of emotions and plot. I mean they look cool, but what does a really detailed fist/ precise looking scenery do for your understanding of what the characters feel/ think.

Granted such things make the world easier to imagine and bring it into reality (which is the benefit of them), but I think Togashi puts an enormous amount of time into the faces of his characters, perhaps more so than other mangakas. I think he just sees the other things as secondary to the actual story.

I really like the drawing style of Hunter x Hunter. But i have found that one should try to tolerate the drawing no matter how bad it is, you'll get used to it. When I first tried reading Saiyuki, i hated the drawing, but as i read, the story pulled me in and i didn't care about the drawing.

Has a Few Faves

Default The hunter juunishin.........seriously

Their designs are AWFUL, I understand the author wanted to represent their animal but disfiguring them in the process was absolutely unnecessary, are they human/(insert animal here) hybrids or something this is ridiculous. Just because Gehil represents the snake doesn't mean she should resemble one as well, and we JUST came off the chimara arc as well so these sort of character designs are NOT what I wanted to see.

Though my biggest problem with them is that they just felt lazy. Take Medusa from soul eater for example, her personalty, and aura give her the characteristic of a snake, not her appearance THATs HOW YOU REPRESENT!!!!!

Not make some human/dog,snake,sheep hybrid and leave it at that, ugh this arc is off to a bad start in my opinion.........

A Page Flipper

why dont you stop bitching about things such as "looks" and actually pay attention, the chairman CHOSE their code names but THEY decided to change their names and appearances to match their codenames out of respect towards the chairman (with the exceptions of gin and pariston).

so the art suffers a little, THE GUY HAS HEART PROBLEMS!!!! and hes getting old and has a family. so deal with it, at least the story is still interesting.

and third, shut up

N3wb

u mad wombat boy

Page 1 of 34 12311 ... LastLast