Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Chapter Discussion.

Default Current Chapter Discussion.

Buh? I thought Himiko was dead.
    No excuse for poor spelling on the internet. It only takes 2 seconds to instal a Spellcheck add-on. When someone with dyslexia has better spelling, capitalization, punctuation, & vocabulary than a lazy person with no learning disabilities who can't be arsed to spell properly because "it takes too long," he can expect to flip burgers for a living.

Have you read the 8th chapter, what has gone into you?

waaaaaaaaaaaah!!! GINJI WON an kicked the ****ing vudo king's ass!!! yeah!!!! clap your hands for my ginji!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 4mnet View Post
    Have you read the 8th chapter, what has gone into you?
    Apparently I missed that update.
    No excuse for poor spelling on the internet. It only takes 2 seconds to instal a Spellcheck add-on. When someone with dyslexia has better spelling, capitalization, punctuation, & vocabulary than a lazy person with no learning disabilities who can't be arsed to spell properly because "it takes too long," he can expect to flip burgers for a living.

Can someone please explain to me what happened in the last chapter: Act.12 Get Back the Lost Time - 81, Ban used the evil eye on Ginji right?, so what? he made ginji dream the fight? so how did Ginji win?

Quote Originally Posted by Luchi89 View Post
    Can someone please explain to me what happened in the last chapter: Act.12 Get Back the Lost Time - 81, Ban used the evil eye on Ginji right?, so what? he made ginji dream the fight? so how did Ginji win?
    Ok I'll try it without spoiling anything. Professor Amano and the witch queen come from Babylon City. Ginji is the "Child of God" meaning that his the son of the God(dess) of Infinity Fortress. The witch Queen made Heaven's doors to separate the world from Babylon City. Ban is the devil, descendant of the fallen angel that opposed Gon. It goes with the saying that God created humans but the devil gave them free will. Ginji, Teshimine and Prof. Amano's ideal world is one where everyone is happy and there's no more conflict, while Ban, Maria and the witch queen's is a world were everyone is free to make their own choices, both are good ideals with negative consequences, so they most fight to decide the future of the world. In terms of power Ban would had won but he made it into a battle of wills, Ginji went all Gandhi with the non violent approach not wanting to hurt Ban and Ban took the beat him until he gives up approach. Even when Ban was trying to brake him down Ginji never yielded, he never attacked, to the point that Ban wouldn't attack his dear friend attack anymore.
    Last edited by MarcellX; 12-05-2011 at 02:05 AM.

Is a world of people made up of magic & code even worth saving? Knowing that outside of Ginji himself that their whole world is virtual reality ruins the conflict for me. These things that are programmed to think they feel but are just a dead man's dream, disassociated from their real-world counterparts who are having completely different experiences. It would be like Gon caring about the hapiness of the NPCs from Greed Island while Killua turned on him *(since this manga is similar to Hunter x Hunter). What the hell was Aoki Yuuya thinking ending the manga like this?

*Greed Island & The Limitless Fortress are both virtual worlds created with magic.
    *Ponzu & Dokubachi keep bees/wasps/hornets in their hat & control them.
    *Biscuit & Maria look like young women, but are very old.
    *Krapica & Kadzuki are often mistaken as women & use a whip-like weapon.
    *Killua & Ginji are both electricity users who love their best friend more than anyone.
    *Leorio & Ban are both perverts with tempers, powerhouse punches, & similar sunglasses.
    *Hisoka & Akabane have the same interests & goals & flirt with younger men.
    *Gon & Ban were abandoned by their fathers, who happen to be part of the most powerful organization around.
    *Gon & Ginji are the sweet naive type with bad hair. Their mothers are dead, they have an attractive badass best friend they travels everywhere with.
    *Series revolves around fighting.
    *GetBackers abilities are comparable to Nen.

So apparently Dragonball z + Yu Yu Hakusho = Hunter x Hunter. HxH:GI + Gintama = GetBackers.

Edit: Thank gawd the mangakas found a reasonable workaround in the end. It's amazing how awful a good series could be without the right ending, like if....Puchi Puri Yuushi ended 1 episode short, it would have ruined the entire series.
    Last edited by LikaLaruku; 04-26-2012 at 05:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MarcellX View Post
    Ok I'll try it without spoiling anything. Professor Amano and the witch queen come from Babylon City. Ginji is the "Child of God" meaning that his the son of the God(dess) of Infinity Fortress. The witch Queen made Heaven's doors to separate the world from Babylon City. Ban is the devil, descendant of the fallen angel that opposed Gon. It goes with the saying that God created humans but the devil gave them free will. Ginji, Teshimine and Prof. Amano's ideal world is one where everyone is happy and there's no more conflict, while Ban, Maria and the witch queen's is a world were everyone is free to make their own choices, both are good ideals with negative consequences, so they most fight to decide the future of the world. In terms of power Ban would had won but he made it into a battle of wills, Ginji went all Gandhi with the non violent approach not wanting to hurt Ban and Ban took the beat him until he gives up approach. Even when Ban was trying to brake him down Ginji never yielded, he never attacked, to the point that Ban wouldn't attack his dear friend attack anymore.
    So Ban let the battle be decided by that "battle of wills" inside of a dream? And when dreaming that battle Ginji's determination not to fight Ban made him win? So for now Ginji and therefore the "happy world" choice should be the winner? (unless Ginji changes his mind I guess) also when did Ban and Ginji started rooting for different futures? or did it just sorta happened in the moment when they have to fight and because they have to carry on with what Ban's grandma and Ginji's mom where going after?
    Thanks for answering! I really love GetBackers but sometimes I can't follow it, maybe I should wait until it's over and re-read it a couple of times, but I get anxious to know what's going on. The whole Babylon City and Infinity Fortress and different reality thing is making me very curious, mostly because I'm scared I might not like how it ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Luchi89 View Post
    So Ban let the battle be decided by that "battle of wills" inside of a dream? And when dreaming that battle Ginji's determination not to fight Ban made him win? So for now Ginji and therefore the "happy world" choice should be the winner? (unless Ginji changes his mind I guess) also when did Ban and Ginji started rooting for different futures? or did it just sorta happened in the moment when they have to fight and because they have to carry on with what Ban's grandma and Ginji's mom where going after?
    It's more like it goes with their personalities and preferences, Ginji is all about love and idealism, he wants everyone even the bad guys to be happy and all that, while Ban it's more about doing what he wants even running away when he was 8.

Quote Originally Posted by LikaLaruku View Post
    Is a world of people made up of magic & code even worth saving? Knowing that outside of Ginji himself that their whole world is virtual reality ruins the conflict for me. These things that are programmed to think they feel but are just a dead man's dream, disassociated from their real-world counterparts who are having completely different experiences. It would be like Gon caring about the hapiness of the NPCs from Greed Island while Killua turned on him *(since this manga is similar to Hunter x Hunter). What the hell was Aoki Yuuya thinking ending the manga like this?
    spoilers

Well the world was made to be exactly the same as the real world but went it's separate way after a while to the point of changing into something different that still had similarities, the people of the GB world do have free will, that's why so many babylonians go out of their way to make things go the way they want it instead of them just robotically doing it, that's what the witch queen wanted to keep that freedom and technical life. Imagine it more like Jonny Five from Short Circuit, Sonny from I, Robot, Astroboy, the Tachikomas in Ghost from the Shell, Saati from A.I. Love You, David from A.I.: Artificial Intelligence, Riku's replica from Kingdom Hearts Re: Chain of Memories, etc. Although I think they should had fleshed that out a little more with the case of MakubeX and the girl that likes Kazuki though who were thought to just be A.I.s since the IL arc.

I JUST LOVE GINJI!! hihihihi

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast