521. You may not vote on this poll
  • Eren

151 28.98%
  • Rivaille

370 71.02%
Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Theories Thread

Default Official Theories Thread

Use this thread to post and discuss any theories/predictions as to what you believe will happen next in the story. For spoilers make use of the Official Spoilers thread instead.

It's fascinating and horrifying. And of course, where do you think the giants came from?

hmm... so many questions, and this manga does not update fast enough to satisfy my curiosity. Speculations anyone?
    Last edited by Inverz; 06-07-2013 at 03:39 AM.
    All time fav: Saiyuki series (<3 Nataku, my avatar), FMA, Bleach, One Piece, Death Notes, Noblesse, Tower of God, Beelzebub, Senki Senki Momotama, Girls of the Wild's, and Gakuen Babysitter.
    Slightly more adult/romance : Shinkuu Yuusetsu, Honto Yajuu, and Tenkiyohou no Koibito.

I have so many questions I don't even know where to begin.. Just want to read the damn thing!!! The suspense is so ****ing good in this manga..

I do think that the titans do come from humans, as the thing with Eren's dad does seem to point to that. Or it could be that Eren's dad just was a scientist working on titans or something (which is weird cause there wouldn't be such things as scientists in that time frame it looks like) and came across a way to make people into titans like the new female one we saw in ch 20ish?

The new titan girl is probably a human being, since all the titans so far were males or at least androgynous. Plus, they told us that all titans were with male appearances.

Actually i thought the giants were an evolution path of the human race (increase height and power so the human race will become dominant). Maybe Eren's father found the original giant than experimented to further increase the evolution process unfortunetly side effects were the loss of logic or intelligence in the giants. Or maybe they went back to the savage instinct of humans (you now before we supposedly civilized). The drug injected into Eren maybe a more finished product of the serum which enhanced the evolution without the total loss of intelligence. How the giants reproduce no idea though.

Doubt the titants are an evolutionary thing. They came out of nowhere and don't even have a need to eat or anything else. Since his father is missing for several years now, it could be possible that he simply kept his research going. The female titan could've been his first experiment, or a later one he did after vanishing.

About the research, one shouldn't forget that this is some kind of steampunk afterall. There are usually lots of stuff wich wouldn't work irl and often technology from all kind of ages is used. Just take a look at the engines they're using to jump around.
    1984 - Oceania, Eurasia, Eastasia, Mangafoxia.
    We have always been at war with Eurasia, also Mangafoxia did not delete your signature.
    Mangafoxia is watching you.

Thanks Mangafox for deleting my signature for no apparent reason!

One of The Followers

Given how the giants don't need to eat, and how they have the density of styrofoam I think its safe to assume they are artificial.
    What Eren's dad was doing and what he injected into Eren are both mysteries we will have to wait until they recover the wall to find out.
    Then there is the question of what Ilse encountered. What was with that giant?
    That encounter raises all sorts of questions. Such as who, or what the hell is Ymir?
    And what did it mean by Ymir's people?

How do you think they managed to build the walls in the past?

I just noticed something when I was reading through. When Eren emerges corpse after the giant transformation wears off he emerges at around where the nape of the neck is.
    Could this mean that the reason the nape of the neck is a weak point is because the other giants have something controlling them there?
    That its where the true brain is?
    Last edited by Inverz; 06-07-2013 at 07:43 PM.

A Page Flipper

First time i ever wrote this much here, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by dictionaire View Post
    Given how the giants don't need to eat, and how they have the density of styrofoam I think its safe to assume they are artificial.
    What Eren's dad was doing and what he injected into Eren are both mysteries we will have to wait until they recover the wall to find out.
    Then there is the question of what Ilse encountered. What was with that giant?
    That encounter raises all sorts of questions. Such as who, or what the hell is Ymir?
    And what did it mean by Ymir's people?

How do you think they managed to build the walls in the past?
    According to Absoluteastronomy (weird name for a site with mythology aritcles.) In Norse mythology Ymir created the frost giants. *well his under arm sweat created a male and female ice giant and then it gets weirder with his leg creating a kid*

Later Ymir gets killed by Odin and his brothers and they use Ymir's body to createthe universe and use Ymir's eyebrows to create Midgard where they placed humans tolive.

So the giant was probably referring to itself and its people as Ymir's people.
    With Ymir possible being the name of creator of the giants like in the myth or a
    code name used for the giants by whoever created them.
    Last edited by Arwyn; 08-14-2011 at 06:27 AM.

yeah i totally agree to your specific point in which scientists all believe to have a method for human evolution, but sometimes the military would think that it would useful as military resources and power to dominate other lands. Like most villains always want to take over the world. but there are too many obstacles to take over the world, such as resources, financial issues, and employee personnel.

Oh I would love to have the 3D gear engine thing even if I don't have the guts to jump around like that. Scientists at that Age is not surprising because it seems like it was a widespread civilization, like us now, before the giants appeared. I think the giants have to do with human going mad and swallowed by emotions, so you kill the giant by killing off the core/human origin.

The mention of Ymir and the way the giant bows somehow reminds me of American Indians. Maybe the giants were originally uncivilized-ish natives of an undiscovered area, and when discoverers came, they brought new things here hailed as god-ish people but then discoverers got greedy or stuff went wrong and the native went mad and became giants bent on killing ppl? and that giant was conscious when he was talking about Ymir, but then the girl's provocation made him go mad again and ate the girl?

And of course, there's the question...what is Erin? I thought Erin was just a human injected with a serum, but that giant woman knows Erin...if that giant women was not originally human where Erin lives....perhaps Erin was not originally a "human" as in ppl growing up/living inside the city?
    All time fav: Saiyuki series (<3 Nataku, my avatar), FMA, Bleach, One Piece, Death Notes, Noblesse, Tower of God, Beelzebub, Senki Senki Momotama, Girls of the Wild's, and Gakuen Babysitter.
    Slightly more adult/romance : Shinkuu Yuusetsu, Honto Yajuu, and Tenkiyohou no Koibito.

N3wb

From my perspective, considering the time period of the manga, I would have to say that this manga is based of Greek mythology of titian considering their supernatural powers of regeneration etc. as such, the colossal titian would the one TRUE titian and the rest are more so decedents of those gods. If i recall correctly in greek mythology humans were also decedents of these gods (Zeus Heras etc were all decedents as well) That was what I first thought as I heard the word titian at least. There is some sci-fi stuff of event going on such as Eren's father's experimentation with his body. I assume the gaint's instincts are there as to prove them as the true inheritors of the earth while the source of humanity "to fight or die" play as a role of survival. The more intelligent titians are the one which have the power to easily destroy the humankind yet they held back for instance they merely destroyed the gates yet they seemed to have no intent to attack the humans themselves.

Their goal, or so it seems, is to incur "natural selection" for a Superior race to be their predecessor. that' my thoughts at least (also explains why they were looking for Eren but no idea about his father and whatever he injected into him) And it could be simple genetic engineer that someone human did to fight against the "evils" of humanity and such.
    Last edited by Theory of Chaos; 08-14-2011 at 06:29 PM.

Page 1 of 124 1231151101 ... LastLast