Thread: Would this be recomened to recover from a depressing series?

Default Would this be recomened to recover from a depressing series?

SO ive been looking for some lighter/happy manga and anime to read/watch after finishing a really depresing series last week. I wrapped up Requiem for the Phantom with a friend and it seriously bummed me out. It wasn't exactly the most uplifting show, but the last few episodes, and especially the last minute were seriously f-d up. As far as manga goes, Love so Life has been GREAT. Im usually not a big Shoujo fan, but its got a great slice of life feel to it, the art is good (not the overly flowerly shoujo stuff i hate) and the cahracters are very likeable. The twins are absurdly adorable too, which is a nice balm to the sour taste Phantom left

So basically i stumbled on this somehow. I think i saw it on a link tot he author for Noel no Kimochi. It sounds kinda laid back and sweet. Would this be a good choice if i want something light and slice of lifey to recover from a depressing show? I just want to make sure it doesn't turn into a major downer near the end or go way heavy on the drama. I want something mild for the palate.

And if it is something thats a bit more heavy on the drama, or tragedy is it still good and worth a read later? thanks guys
    Last edited by kenshindono; 06-21-2011 at 12:15 AM.
    "Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome"-Isaac Asimov

it has a very sweet ending.

so yes, you wont end up hating the world afterwards.

All that and a Toilet chriscalvat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
    it has a very sweet ending.

so yes, you wont end up hating the world afterwards.
    will you hate the world while reading it is what I want to know?
    I was a Lolicon once, Till I took an arrow to the knee

click my pets under the spoiler

DO NOT CLICK!! In no way will this link you to pics of lolis!!!

Resident Firestarter
    Serenity [The ship people... Get with the times!]

No... there is a few light drama moments, but nothing life threatening by any stretch of the imagination.

N3wb

i reallly recommend bleach or one piece (the anime), ao no exorcist, gintama if you like shounen, but if you want a shoujo then there isnt a better choice than kaichou wa maid sama but watch the anime before you read the managa, or special a, ouran high school, obaka chan koigatariki, l-dk, i love high school, akagami no shirayukihime, mairunovich, or goong.
    hope i helped <3

Has a Few Faves

I really liked this one. Eequiem for the phantoms last 30 sec just were horrible

My dog reads manga legokangpalla's Avatar

Ending is pleasant, but the plot itself is cyclical, cliched, and childish. It frustrated hell out of me.
    So...expect perfectly reasonable adults to make all the decisions a 12 years old would make.
    Example: MILD SPOILER a wife who cleans her in-laws mansion, labor herself to exhaustion for them least twice just to get the divorce paper signed. Clearly, no such thing as lawyers in this fairy tale.