Thread: Would this be recomened to recover from a depressing series?

Default Would this be recomened to recover from a depressing series?

SO ive been looking for some lighter/happy manga and anime to read/watch after finishing a really depresing series last week. I wrapped up Requiem for the Phantom with a friend and it seriously bummed me out. It wasn't exactly the most uplifting show, but the last few episodes, and especially the last minute were seriously f-d up. As far as manga goes, Love so Life has been GREAT. Im usually not a big Shoujo fan, but its got a great slice of life feel to it, the art is good (not the overly flowerly shoujo stuff i hate) and the cahracters are very likeable. The twins are absurdly adorable too, which is a nice balm to the sour taste Phantom left

So basically i stumbled on this somehow. I think i saw it on a link tot he author for Noel no Kimochi. It sounds kinda laid back and sweet. Would this be a good choice if i want something light and slice of lifey to recover from a depressing show? I just want to make sure it doesn't turn into a major downer near the end or go way heavy on the drama. I want something mild for the palate.

And if it is something thats a bit more heavy on the drama, or tragedy is it still good and worth a read later? thanks guys
    Last edited by kenshindono; 06-20-2011 at 11:15 PM.
    "Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome"-Isaac Asimov

it has a very sweet ending.

so yes, you wont end up hating the world afterwards.

All that and a Toilet chriscalvat's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by aigomorla View Post
    it has a very sweet ending.

so yes, you wont end up hating the world afterwards.
    will you hate the world while reading it is what I want to know?
    I was a Lolicon once, Till I took an arrow to the knee

click my pets under the spoiler

DO NOT CLICK!! In no way will this link you to pics of lolis!!!

Resident Firestarter
    Serenity [The ship people... Get with the times!]

No... there is a few light drama moments, but nothing life threatening by any stretch of the imagination.

N3wb

i reallly recommend bleach or one piece (the anime), ao no exorcist, gintama if you like shounen, but if you want a shoujo then there isnt a better choice than kaichou wa maid sama but watch the anime before you read the managa, or special a, ouran high school, obaka chan koigatariki, l-dk, i love high school, akagami no shirayukihime, mairunovich, or goong.
    hope i helped <3

Has a Few Faves

I really liked this one. Eequiem for the phantoms last 30 sec just were horrible