View Poll Results: How would you rate KNIM?

Voters
216. You may not vote on this poll
  • 5 and below - Bad, I wasted my time

24 11.11%
  • 6 - Average, decent read

26 12.04%
  • 7 - Good, enjoyable but could have been better

71 32.87%
  • 8 - Great, definitely one of my favorites

42 19.44%
  • 9 - Fantastic, definitely one of the best out there

29 13.43%
  • 10 - Perfect

24 11.11%
Page 1 of 277 1231151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Thoughts on KNIM

Lover of LOZ

Default Thoughts on KNIM

It is the first manga to make me feel emotion past a laugh or a sigh. I cried at chapter 100. I can't believe that this manga would have this affect on me, or any manga.
    Last edited by Triforce_of_Courage; 04-21-2011 at 10:04 AM. Reason: spelled favourite wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Triforce_of_Courage View Post
    It is the first manga to make me feel emotion past a laugh or a sigh. I cried at chapter 100. I can't believe that this manga would have this affect on me, or any manga.
    yeah.... i agree... that chapter is one of the most heart pounding...
    I thought kazama went through the surgery well... but.. he did not..
    well... Seo Kouji is a hell of a mangaka..

Sincerely speaking, there are many other mangas that are much better than this, and that also makes you feel much more emotional. I never felt close to crying at any instance reading this manga. I already said this quite some time ago in another thread, but if you want another manga that can make you cry, read Rave Master. It's a battle shounen manga from Hiro Mashima(Who also writes Fairy Tail). It's full of emotional stories in it. But of course, the plot is also great.

And if you're a romance manga fan, then I'd suggest you go after a few of Adachi Mitsutu's mangas. He's without a doubt, the father of all romance writers, even though his works are from before the 80's.
    Last edited by Aheado; 04-21-2011 at 11:58 AM.

A Level-5 Nihility Master alcrowry's Avatar

So far, the only mangas come close in making me cry are I"s and Ai Yori Aoshi, the same thing also happened to the anime, only Clannad come close...

Eh, it's probably gone out of topic already...
    The Dark Side of Misaka Mikoto

The so-called "Killer" Editor of Engelbert's FanFic

Gone.

KNIM is also one of my favorites, but sometimes I wish that I'd find it/start reading after the series has ended. The cliff hangers kill me every time.

It's a good manga indeed. I like the fact that Haruto looks "human", he makes mistakes, he's got issues, he closes himself after Kazama's death, tries to move on but failed, etc...
    But to me, Suzuka had much sadder scenes (one involving Yui, damn...).
    About what said Aheado, true Rave Master gets very emotional but it didn't faze me. I guess it's because the characters were more or less prone to emotions. I'm much sadder when a character who never showed any sign of weakness comes to cry (like in Kurohime for example) or when it's really out of nowhere (Yui for example, she was always smiling and happy, to see her like that, it's really a pain).

Whatever, KNIM is still a good manga IMO, it's a story I can relate to.
    All I do is state my opinion, I don't know about the truth nor am I god. You have every right to disagree.

Final Fantasy XIII BlazingSkies's Avatar

This manga is EXACTLY like Ichigo 100%. I suggest you read that OP. One guy, several girls, all a mystery until the end. Realistic situations, no magic and fancy crap.

Suzuka is the same. Read that too OP.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Triforce_of_Courage View Post
    Read Ichigo 100% if you want to be emotionally scarred for the next 6 months

Quote Originally Posted by gregg020 View Post
    Read Ichigo 100% if you want to be emotionally scarred for the next 6 months
    lol, what does everyone has with Ichigo100%, did something "super emotional" happened in it? I read it I found it quite "normal" apart form the fact that male protagonist takes more than 100chapters to confess (but that's a must for Harem mangas I guess)
    All I do is state my opinion, I don't know about the truth nor am I god. You have every right to disagree.

Quote Originally Posted by Vyscillius View Post
    It's a good manga indeed. I like the fact that Haruto looks "human", he makes mistakes, he's got issues, he closes himself after Kazama's death, tries to move on but failed, etc...
    But to me, Suzuka had much sadder scenes (one involving Yui, damn...).
    About what said Aheado, true Rave Master gets very emotional but it didn't faze me. I guess it's because the characters were more or less prone to emotions. I'm much sadder when a character who never showed any sign of weakness comes to cry (like in Kurohime for example) or when it's really out of nowhere (Yui for example, she was always smiling and happy, to see her like that, it's really a pain).

Whatever, KNIM is still a good manga IMO, it's a story I can relate to.
    I agree with all you said, but that part underlined tell everything...
    That underlined part is what shows how good this manga is.

Page 1 of 277 1231151101 ... LastLast