Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 999

Thread: Current Chapter Discussion/Theories (Expect Spoilers)

  1. #1
    Obsidian Deluder fanged_loathe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to a mailbox.
    Posts
    997

    Default Current Chapter Discussion/Theories (Expect Spoilers)

    I just noticed there was no Current Chapter thread, and most people agree that ongoing series should have one. So, here we go. Also, because this is a mystery series, part of this thread may and probably will be devoted to theories concerning the solution of the current case. Therefore, part of this thread may and probably will contain spoilers. If you don't want them, don't read on.

    Be warned, there's no unreading things. Decide very carefully before proceeding.

    Anyway, lets get this thread started.

    Chapter 768

    All I know with such little evidence right now is that, assuming DCTP didn't cut corners with the scanlation, the Jeet Kune Do guy is not the guilty party and is not seriously going to pursue Ran. Why? Because he's Kaitou KID! Neither Ran nor Sonoko had said Conan's name once in the chapter, according to DCTP anyway. Therefore, we're looking for a recurring character. However, we and Conan couldn't recognize him, so he's in disguise. The only person who could disguise oneself like that and would want to screw with Conan like that is KID.

    As for their conclusion that Uesumi didn't jump, I'm not sure, but a drunk man probably wouldn't be in the state of mind to take off his shoes first. And if he was in such a state of mind, he most certainly would have taken off his glasses. Even though I can't find anything to confirm how accurate either of the ideas that jumpers remove these items are for the real world, a mystery writer would most certainly make use of them.
    Personal Quotes:



    Borrowed Quotes:



    DON'T CLICK THIS!

  2. #2
    N3wb
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    im gonna say this: Its highly not probable its Kaitou kid. Its been 50 chapters since a BO arc. This is way too long for Goyoma to trick us with a Kaitou kid. Besides, that fighting style takes years to learn. I wouldnt think Kaitou would learn it as he isnt a fighter. This is highly likely that this will be a new character. Its also probable its Eisuke. Taken in by the CIA he changed his identity and he coulda learned that fighting style with them. Also he knows Conans identity. One thing for sure its not Kid. This Character can be: Conan's rival, Anokota or another detective. He coulda meet with Yukkiko who told him about Conan. It also could be Akai but thats not probable either as the way he interacts. Or it could be Bourbon.

  3. #3
    Obsidian Deluder fanged_loathe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to a mailbox.
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
    im gonna say this: Its highly not probable its Kaitou kid. Its been 50 chapters since a BO arc. This is way too long for Goyoma to trick us with a Kaitou kid.
    And it's been 35 chapters since a KID case. That's about how long he puts between KID cases (this is actually a longer length than between some others).

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
    Besides, that fighting style takes years to learn. I wouldnt think Kaitou would learn it as he isnt a fighter.
    First of all JKD is a style without style, and it's as much philosophy as it is fighting. Second, there's a difference between not being a fighter and choosing not to fight. KID has been fortunate enough to avoid unescapable situations, but I actually find it illogical he wouldn't have some form of violence to fall back on if he's in a corner. Isn't the principle of martial arts knowing it so you don't have to use it? Just because Ran chooses to jump in the ring doesn't mean KID has to. Third, because of its quickness and fluidity, JKD is actually the perfect style for someone like KID.

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
    Its also probable its Eisuke. Taken in by the CIA he changed his identity and he coulda learned that fighting style with them. Also he knows Conans identity.
    You want to first say JKD takes years to learn, and then follow it up with the idea that Eisuke learned in an amount of time most certainly insufficient, even for Aoyama?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
    This Character can be: Conan's rival, Anokota or another detective. He coulda meet with Yukkiko who told him about Conan. It also could be Akai but thats not probable either as the way he interacts. Or it could be Bourbon.
    So, thinking that KID has an unknown means of fighting is illogical, but thinking Yukiko, who was last seen in England, would tell a total stranger in Japan about Conan is logical? I'd say it was Akai before I'd say that. At least Akai has a reason to hit on her (reminds him of Akemi), knows Conan (thus has a reason to know his name before anyone said it), and would know a fighting style. The reason I dislike this idea is because Conan's unaware of anything about him, but he's always so confident in all things about Akai, as long as things go as planned.
    Personal Quotes:



    Borrowed Quotes:



    DON'T CLICK THIS!

  4. #4

    Default Death?

    Sorry but you guys Im very confused and worried..after the major 8.9 magnitude earthquake and tsunami in Japan....google released the people finder for japan victims but...when i searched up Aoyama Gosho ...it said he has passed..however..some are saying he's still alive at the same..time...What is the truth? :[
    Hope For Japan

  5. #5
    Obsidian Deluder fanged_loathe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to a mailbox.
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by oOAngelWings12Oo View Post
    Sorry but you guys Im very confused and worried..after the major 8.9 magnitude earthquake and tsunami in Japan....google released the people finder for japan victims but...when i searched up Aoyama Gosho ...it said he has passed..however..some are saying he's still alive at the same..time...What is the truth? :[
    Hope For Japan
    Google's people finder isn't saying he's dead. I may not be able to read Japanese yet, but there are plenty of translators. The people finder has very little information on him, only his name and when his information was ladt updated. Now, I have this list of mangakas and seiyus, and while I can't read spanish either, my trusty translator says it's a list of people who are alive. Aoyama is on this list. For ultimate confirmation:

    http://grupodinamo.blogspot.com/2011...reportado.html

    If there's someone who can read spanish without the use of a direct translator, by all means, eradicate all doubt about the list's contents, no matter which way it reads.
    Personal Quotes:



    Borrowed Quotes:



    DON'T CLICK THIS!

  6. #6

    Default

    Thanks so much...just wanted a definite from a reliable source :]

  7. #7
    N3wb
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    7

    Default

    we were both wrong ._.

    Gosho said that the new character's name is 'Sera' (if I spell the Kanji correctly -> 『世良』). He also said that he is a very important character.
    and he took all his important documents before he evacuated

  8. #8
    Obsidian Deluder fanged_loathe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Close to a mailbox.
    Posts
    997

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Cheesus View Post
    we were both wrong ._.

    Gosho said that the new character's name is 'Sera' (if I spell the Kanji correctly -> 『世良』). He also said that he is a very important character.
    and he took all his important documents before he evacuated
    Well then, let's hope either DCTP cut a corner or he has a very good reason for cutting this corner. If he leaves out the all important moment of someone saying Conan's name in front of a new character but has the character know Conan's name, he's ultimately set himself up for stretch theories and less viewers. I will be chalking this up as DCTP, but only because I would expect a writer to know better.

    Or perhaps you're in the wrong when you say we're both wrong. It is possible Sera (or whatever his name is) is imporant because he's one of our theories. It is possible his importance was defined by the fact that he knew Conan's name prematurely.
    Last edited by fanged_loathe; 03-16-2011 at 11:44 AM.
    Personal Quotes:



    Borrowed Quotes:



    DON'T CLICK THIS!

  9. #9
    Advance Knowlege In Otakuism Lightbrand's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    2,317

    Default

    Murder happened on sixth floor not the roof.
    Fishing string combined with elevator to pull the wheelchair from sixth floor to second floor using the fact that the door opens at both side to get the wheel chair from one end of the building to another.
    .


  10. #10
    Banned
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    76

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lightbrand View Post
    Murder happened on sixth floor not the roof.
    Fishing string combined with elevator to pull the wheelchair from sixth floor to second floor using the fact that the door opens at both side to get the wheel chair from one end of the building to another.
    Wow. Someone hell bent on being first decided to rush it and skip more detailing matters, like how the chair got turned around and pointing out that ghost was our killer rehearsing the trick, thus making it a premeditated murder. You may be a posting phantom but that doesn't make your posts good.

    A more detailed and proper explanation:

    The killer knocked the victim, who was already in the wheelchair, out cold. The killer then tied a strand of fishing line to the front of the chair and the other end to a point on the second floor. Finally, the killer locked the chair in a forward motion and opened the broken window. The forward movement was slowed somewhat, probably using the paint cans, thus allowing the killer the establish an alibi. When the chair hit the window, the victim's inertia catapulted him out the window, just in time to pull the line tight. With the line tightened and the wheels still pulling, the chair was led down the hall towards the elevator. However, because the door wasn't open it rammed the elevator several times. The killer drew everyone to the roof, thus allowing them in the elevator. Once on the roof, she made an excuse to push the buttons for the sixth and second floor, its position on the roof ensuring it stopped on the sixth floor first.

    The only problems I see is slowing the chair and making the chair turn around. If the chair isn't slowed, then the killer has no means of getting an alibi and that long break between her exiting the Annex and her party getting in the car is impossible. However, if the chair is slowed, then the dents in the paint cans make no sense. While it is true the killer probably used them to practice, the problem is they were only dented in one place, with a mark about the same size as the one on the window, pointing towards an unplanned trick. However, to the same token, the paint was dried, therefore, this was planned. And while the continued reeling and the motion of the chair could turn the chair around, unless there's something to keep it stable, the chair could simply fall over and reel itself in on its side. Further, it hinges on the victim's own graffiti to still be covering the cameras, almost as if the victim allowed this to happen. It could always be cleaned off and redone, but for a brief moment we would obtain proof that it wasn't the victim who sprayed the cameras over. While this could just be Aoyama getting lazy, I think there's more to this case than what Sera's deduced.

Page 1 of 100 1231151 ... LastLast

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •