Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: What do you Love about The Breaker?? [ your favourite parts]

Epic reader manga leecher lozzaloo's Avatar
    On Cloud Nine; reading manga. AKA- England

Default What do you Love about The Breaker?? [ your favourite parts]

The Author isn't as motivated these days. This thread is for singing praises about his work. The Breaker has so many fans, I want to hear what everyone thinks. Personally I love how the art has improved since the first series and how Shioon's become so cute.
    Last edited by lozzaloo; 10-28-2011 at 09:45 PM.

Addict

Default This Manga is AMAZING

This thread is purely for stating how epically awesome The Breaker is. I started reading this when it was first scanlated and I have loved every chapter since. I even love the training arc where nothing is happening, Bleach is going through pretty much the exact same arc and until these past two chapters I've been seriously debating dropping it but I have never thought to stop reading The Breaker.

Now I'm going to go look to see if this author has any other series.

Agreed this team is my inspiration. I love them. As an artist and a writer. I even reread chapters
    yes that is who you think it is

Default XD

This is the bestest!

A Page Flipper

I haven't read any of the comments so I wouldn't have my thoughts contaminated, so if there are some repetitive things, sorry. The Breaker is an awesome storyline. It gets to me because shioon is around my age and gives me some sense of understanding and sympathy for the character. Shioon gets bullied which I'm sure most people can sympathize with and then gets a stroke of luck with a great master and some crazy ass medicine. The best part is Shioon's character lets other people in the scene, yet makes me want to see more of Shioon's spectacle (running away from the murim people after G left). The story is a very good blend of displaying a character who is talented but deprived of a teacher, which forces the boy to go on his own road. It isn't a simple "noob kid meets instructor then learns everything he can and instructor gets killed" kind of story. It has me wishing Shioon got more of what he wanted, but because he can't get what he wants I'm hoping he has a great comeback that shows the world he is great. Also his admirable loyal character is definitely a charming aspect to this story. I just hope the author can keep the flow going.

What interests the most about The Breaker is its intricate storytelling. The author has multiple plot threads that are all interdependent of each other running simultaneously. Furthermore, each major plot point of the series receives adequate development. Rereading the series in its entirety shows how well the story fits together as if it were a jigsaw puzzle.

Other strong points include GMR and Shioon as decent main leads, the seriousness the author treats on how Shioon acquires his power, the grey and gray morality of the setting, and its straightforward storytelling.

The ending of part one had me at the edge of my seat. I can honestly say that I didn’t see that one coming and I’m glad I didn’t. I suspected that it was going to go in another complete different direction and (dare I say it?) be as cliché as most other fighting manga. I was pleasantly surprised. The art evolution is not that bad either to be honest. The main character is a character you can feel despair with, smile at his triumphs and gasp during his fights. He's likable and that's important.

Seriously. I couldn't put down the manga from when I started reading it and it took me two days to finish reading it to the current chapter. That does not happen very often.

The Manga is still at it's early stages, but it does have potential.In many ways, the plot in this title is way much better compared to some movies I have seen these days.

I hope the author keeps up the good work. Furthermore, I hope he realizes that his work is not seen only in his home country, but but in the united states as well.

Sacramento, CA

Has a Few Faves

Most murim characters has a strong sense of honor in them and I think that theme of honor is what I liked best about the series. That and a sense of Karma that continuously build as the series goes on. Some spoilers here, but I am sure most of you had read the series already.
    _ In first breaker when shi-yoon was on the run from the machete wielding crazy looking guy, that guy (i cant remember these korean long names) was willing to chop off his arm to beg for the life of his gang members.
    _ After Shi-yoon intervene and save him, that same machete guy (Bae something?) came to his aid at the business tower entrance. (I didn't expect that and was cheering when he showed up)
    _ In New waves when Shi-yoon got out of the car and told that sunwoo elder off for trying to delay him instead of helping him prepare for the fight.

lady of the mistery reika-neechan's Avatar

Personally I like EVERYTHING about The Breaker/New Waves : the plot is exciting, the evolution of the story isn't too slow, but also isn't too fast, the characters are all interesting, also Shioon who is a type of character that normally i don't like (W Goomonryong!)
    I forgot to tell that i love fighting mangas!
    All these features, which I can't find in anyother manga, makes me always want to read more ...
    I read 60 chapters of Part One in 2 days, and i would have read them all in 1 if I would have had enough time, trust me. (i'm not crazy!)
    Regarding "The Breaker New Waves", the story is still at the beginning, so we can't expect anything exceptional yet ... but the beginning isn't so bad!
    Last edited by reika-neechan; 04-27-2011 at 08:30 PM.

The Breaker/New Waves - Death Note
    D.Gray Man - Junjou Romantica(Yaoi)

Page 1 of 19 12311 ... LastLast