Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Tohru and Kyo in Hoshi wa Utau

In her own world.... Hoshiko2000's Avatar

Default Tohru and Kyo in Hoshi wa Utau

These are the last three pages from the final chapter of Hoshi wa Utau.

You can read my summary of the chapter and this scene here: http://hoshiko-2000.livejournal.com/25442.html

I don't know about other people but this brief reapearance really, really touched me.

More Deadly Than The Male Howl_21's Avatar

Awwwwwww that is so cute :3 I haven't read the other manga, but it's funny how their son really looks like a mix between them

Starting the Path to Legendary Kurisuta1's Avatar

Oh my, I'm gonna cry T_T

Haven't even read Hoshi wa Utau yet but that's just too damn sweet. There son is adorable, though he looks a little different from that earlier sketch, his hair is shorter. But we get to see his face! And it looks just like Tohru and Kyo, all mixed into one adorable child. And he's kind and bashful just like the both of them *cheers* So sweet

Hm, how old is he there, you think?

I was moved to tears by their reapearance too. It had been a really moving chaper in itself, but I was sitting there crying at the end not because what had happened in the actual chapter but because of seeing Tohru and Kyo again.

He really is a mix of both his parents, and he is too adorable. You just want to pick him up and take him home Tohru and Kyo really have had a very beautiful and kind little boy. And I was touched by how happy and carefree Kyo looks too. They really have become a happy little family and it is so moving to see. I just wish we got to hear his name though.

As for his age, I would say he looks about 6/7. Tohru and Kyo still look quite young, so I'm guessing they probably married shortly after the events of Furuba and Tohru got pregnant soon after (awwww ^.^).

A Web Comic Artist amukisa-chan's Avatar

sakura looks happy ....I am relieved
    Kyaaa little Kyo is so sweet....I want to hug him more and more
    sadly I don't understand the last so I am not crying =(*that hurts my pride I always cry*
    What really makes me still smile is the fact that Thoru and Kyo are now a familiy and are very happy together!!!!
    I miss them more and more
    To live in the hearts of those we love is never to die
    You wanted to be happy with her together forever but you see her dying one day....your lucky because you still have a child with her..but how would you feel?...He only smiled while holding a rose in his hand...Goodbye my lover...Goodbye my love...Goodbye my flower... Goodbye my everything

Tick Tack please please view it

I know!!!! It's been a looong time since I finished Fruits Basket, and this made me so happy! It made me jump on the train to the past, and now I want to collect all the volumes of Fruits Basket :3

heavenlysamuraigirl

I don't get it. How do you know that it is Tohru and kyo? Does the manga say it is? I went searching for info, but i couldn't find anything that told me it took place in the same universe or that it had any connection to fruits baskets. So um...if i read the manga will i find the answer?

It doesn't say that it's Kyo and Tohru, but:

• We have a little boy who looks remarkably like Kyo did as a child. Look back through volume 16 and you will see what I mean.
    • He also is very kind like Tohru was, and is bashful like Kyo.
    • The women in the backround is not too tall, and has long hair with a bowl cut fringe. The young man is tall, and has darkish hair.
    • And at the end of Fruits Basket, it was shown that Tohru and Kyo were going to be moving somewhere 'far away'

I don't know absolutely for sure, but all of these factors make me think that it is them. And it is nice to think so.

Starting the Path to Legendary Kurisuta1's Avatar

Also, if you look on the last page of Fruits Basket there is a photo of a boy that looks rather similar to this one and I've always assumed that it was Kyo and his son and there's an extra sketch Takaya-san did of them with their little boy. It's only the back of his head but still... And the couple in the background just looks too much like Kyo and Tohru, even wearing outfits I can remember them wearing in the manga!
    Last edited by Kurisuta1; 02-15-2011 at 06:30 PM.

...... O_O!!!!!! Is that really them?! Are you sure?! Is there any confirmation?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast