Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Edgar and Ermine

Default Edgar and Ermine

I just finished the anime, and I thought it was great. But I was wondering what Edgars relationship with Ermine is . Does he love her or Lydia. I haven´t read the light novels, so I don´t know if anything about it comes up later on. I just want to know your opinions

d r e a m e r // ~** ♥ DreamingSkies's Avatar

I believe that Ermine is an important friend to Edgar. As he already said, he would do anything to make Ermine happy.

Spoiler below:

Well.. if you read the Light Novels ( I know you haven't, but please do, as it covers much more than the manga ) Edgar had already married Lydia. And they kissed multiple times. I posted pictures in another forum, so if you like, feel free to look at them.

~~ DreamingSkies

N3wb

What exactly is a light novel?

Has a Few Faves

i have read the light novels up to 22 and find Ermine to be extremely suspicious. I honestly can't tell if her actions are for Edgar's sake or not. She seems to be the one who had a larger hand in making Edgar what he is even more so than the Prince. She was leaking info about their movements possibly resulting in the death of a lot of their comrades isolating Edgar even further. I think she knew Edgar had no intention of sacrificing Lydia, yet she still told her he did. Edgar sees her as a companion, but also as one who is on the same level as a servant. She deliberately dresses in men's clothes because she knows it is impossible for Edgar to see her as a woman because she was the Prince's woman. She wants something from Edgar that he can't give her and I wonder if she realizes that he doesn't view her in the same way that she views him and never will. She seems to do things that keep Lydia and Edgar apart and is always involved in scenes that increase Edgar's despair and hopelessness. I actually wonder if she really thinks she is acting for Edgar or not.

May Contain Spoiler!!
    actually yea fallen6angel has explained most of it. Edgar does see her as a companion and he does treasure his companions a lot. he knows that she has feelings for him but he treats her with respect unlike to most other girls, which makes lydia suspicious about their relationship. i disliked ermine in the beginning but trust me shes not the third wheel of the relationship anymore. And this is a huge spoiler so if you dont wanna know dont read it! So here it goes: it isnt confirmed yet but i think Ermine and Kelpie will get together. First of all, Kelpie and Ermine have been having this secret relationship, where Ermine leeks out few secrets/info to Kelpie. and whenever Ermine is in trouble, Kelpie comes and helps her. In recent volume, Ermine realizes that shes no longer alone. Kelpie said that he'll stay by her side and aid her because Lydia asked him to, and Ermine looked happy about it. So yea, my guess is that Ermine and Kelpie will get together. ^^

Thank you everybody Your answers were a big help. Ermine and Edgars relationship was just how I wanted it to be. Again thank you!!!

Has a Few Faves

By the way, just to cement it...

SPOILER

Edgar very formally rejected Ermine/told Ermine that he loves Lydia and he can only use his life for Lydia now. And Ermine seems to have accepted it.

One of The Followers angelkiano's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fallen6angel View Post
    i have read the light novels up to 22..
    Ooo, so Ermine isn't dead from the fall of the castle(in ch7) ...
    Hmmm... she is quite a tough one.
    Btw light novels up to 22, does that mean that there are 22 volumes?(!,<3) or 22 chapter so far?

(I'd prefer my first prediction though.. hihi)
    My absolute favorite mangas: click on spoiler to see

Ano... minna-san... where i can read the light novel, or download it? please e mail me in sealer_song@rocketmail.com

onegaishimasu! >____<

he love her but that is the past.the present and the future him loves lydia FULLSTOP

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast