View Poll Results: How strong do you want to see Luffy become by the end of OP?

Voters
90. You may not vote on this poll
  • Stronger than Whitebeard?

    2 2.22%
  • Stronger than Roger?

    20 22.22%
  • As the world's strongest man?

    19 21.11%
  • As someone who could possibly destroy the whole world?

    9 10.00%
  • As the most dangerous man alive?

    16 17.78%
  • As the biggest threat to the World Government?

    10 11.11%
  • As 1 of the yonkou who, with a bit of luck, topped the rest to get the OP?

    3 3.33%
  • As someone who was definintely 1 of the strongest but not THE strongest?

    11 12.22%
Page 253 of 424 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,530 of 4232

Thread: Luffy Official Character Discussion Thread

  1. #2521
    "Sexual"- bad word #7349 noex1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu.D.Dragon View Post
    This should be at questions thread ...
    But I'll answer your question ...
    From the OBD (OutskirtsBattleDome) ... The OBD is used to know the result of Character Vs Character of different mangas/animes ...
    Check --->Monkey D. Luffy
    Just Search for any Manga/Anime character you have in mind and you'll find info about him.
    Thanks. I never really liked OBD though. They are biased (openly biased, they say so themselves) so i have a hard time trusting most of their profiles.

  2. #2522
    Pirate Captain GiveHimGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sniper Island
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noex1337 View Post
    Thanks. I never really liked OBD though. They are biased (openly biased, they say so themselves) so i have a hard time trusting most of their profiles.
    I think only the most respected and experienced people could change the profiles and they diss a few series, but the calculations should be accurate. Most regular posters are good debators though, only a few noobs here and there.

  3. #2523
    "Sexual"- bad word #7349 noex1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Justice D. Zac View Post
    I think only the most respected and experienced people could change the profiles and they diss a few series, but the calculations should be accurate. Most regular posters are good debators though, only a few noobs here and there.
    Ok, I don't trust some of their anime/manga profiles. American comics are fine, I haven't found any problem on those profiles. But you can tell the bias between looking at the different pages of the HST main characters. Also, I don't see how the speed calculations given to luffy on the OBD page are justified. Wouldn't that make him the fastest non DF user in the OP verse, as moving at such speed would kill any human way before the opponent does. And i doubt luffy is anywhere near the fastest in the OP verse, plus, i never thought he was that much stronger than zoro

  4. #2524
    Demi-Fiend Id-Xeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Labyrinth of Amala
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noex1337 View Post
    Ok, I don't trust some of their anime/manga profiles. American comics are fine, I haven't found any problem on those profiles. But you can tell the bias between looking at the different pages of the HST main characters. Also, I don't see how the speed calculations given to luffy on the OBD page are justified. Wouldn't that make him the fastest non DF user in the OP verse, as moving at such speed would kill any human way before the opponent does. And i doubt luffy is anywhere near the fastest in the OP verse, plus, i never thought he was that much stronger than zoro
    Well ... The fastest people shown in One Piece till now are : ... Kizaru.Enel. Kuma. Luffy (G2) and Soru users ...
    ___________________

    The OBD is very accurate in their calculations ...
    And I trust it ... And if there is some flaws, It doesn't mean that they can't be trusted completely ...
    Many people bad mouth the OBD because their favorite characters aren't very strong ...

  5. #2525
    "Sexual"- bad word #7349 noex1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu.D.Dragon View Post
    Well ... The fastest people shown in One Piece till now are : ... Kizaru.Enel. Kuma. Luffy (G2) and Soru users ...
    ___________________

    The OBD is very accurate in their calculations ...
    And I trust it ... And if there is some flaws, It doesn't mean that they can't be trusted completely ...
    Many people bad mouth the OBD because their favorite characters aren't very strong ...
    But luffy isn't any faster than soru users movement-wise right? And Rokushiki users can be normal humans. Wouldn't moving at supersonic or hypersonic speed destroy your body? The drag force alone would crush your organs, and i'm sure there are other factors involved too.

    And I don't trust them because it's painfully obvious that they prefer one piece over naruto or bleach. Therefore, they are biased, and they are no longer valid as a reference source in my opinion. Am I wrong?

    And that's not just me. In the professional world, any work which uses biased sources becomes immediately invalid as referential material.
    Last edited by noex1337; 02-26-2011 at 07:31 PM.

  6. #2526
    Demi-Fiend Id-Xeno's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Labyrinth of Amala
    Posts
    1,695

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noex1337 View Post
    But luffy isn't any faster than soru users movement-wise right? And Rokushiki users can be normal humans. Wouldn't moving at supersonic or hypersonic speed destroy your body? The drag force alone would crush your organs, and i'm sure there are other factors involved too.

    And I don't trust them because it's painfully obvious that they prefer one piece over naruto or bleach. Therefore, they are biased, and they are no longer valid as a reference source in my opinion. Am I wrong?

    And that's not just me. In the professional world, any work which uses biased sources becomes immediately invalid as referential material.
    your point about soru user:
    Well ... this is a fantasy ,And most laws don't work on it ....
    ____________________
    Biased??????
    Oh no they aren't ... they provide facts with every status they give ...
    And the people in the Character Vs Character section said the same thing .
    umm I won't continue this here ...
    I think this argument should be taken to the Character Vs Character section ... Since this isn't the right place for this ...
    Last edited by Id-Xeno; 02-26-2011 at 08:29 PM.

  7. #2527
    "Sexual"- bad word #7349 noex1337's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    1,789

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryu.D.Dragon View Post
    your point about soru user:
    Well ... this is a fantasy ,And most laws don't work on it ....
    ____________________
    Biased??????
    Oh no they aren't ... they provide facts with every status they give ...
    And the people in the Character Vs Character section said the same thing .
    umm I won't continue this here ...
    I think this argument should be taken to the Character Vs Character section ... Since this isn't the right place for this ...
    So what's the point of doing calculating speed and other things on OBD?

  8. #2528
    Pirate Captain GiveHimGlory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    Sniper Island
    Posts
    263

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by noex1337 View Post
    So what's the point of doing calculating speed and other things on OBD?
    Just in case people pit characters of one series to another character of another series. People will have facts to base their argument on. Plus, the whole point of fiction is that it's unrealistic so in fiction, speed doesn't affect durability in any way.

  9. #2529
    One of The Followers jking397's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Posts
    184

    Default Luffy's mother

    has onepiec ever mentioned luffy's mother?

    I don't know if i have a really bad memorie or if it was a while ago but if they didn't do you think oda will bring that topic up or maybe introduce her ( if she is still alive).

  10. #2530
    In Memory Of Her Strangelover's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    London
    Posts
    274

    Default

    high doubt that anything about his mother has been revealed not even a glimpse. i don't think she will play a major role in the future and probably is dead like Ace's mom with the same reason i guess which is labor.
    Few of my favourite Anime/Manga

Page 253 of 424 FirstFirst ... 153203243251252253254255263303353 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •