Thread: Is it that important to lose your virginity nowadays?!?

Unicorn Whisperer. Anaysia The T-Rex's Avatar

Default Is it that important to lose your virginity nowadays?!?

I don't think it is....
    I think girls should cherish their virginity.
    ah, what has happend to class?

Has a Few Faves

Well, I don't think it's a matter of being important or not. It's more like they feel burdened by their friends and how society has evolved. Nowadays, kids are not "cool" if they don't do what their friends do, which is sad. A girl, for example, may feel out of place if her girlfriends have already done it. On the other hand, some guys think that being the bad guy is cool and they constantly bully others that can't fight back or talk down to girls.

I'm from El Salvador but am living in the US at the moment. I am grateful that I grew up in an environment that required me to use my own judgment to survive. Now I can look back and say that I'm fortunate I didn't grew up in such a spoiled environment. Btw, I'm still 24, so I'm not that old.

Has a Few Faves

Y'know, i am a teen (so one of those girls) but i can't speak for my peers. Here are my views.

To Me, "losing ones virginity" isn't really a big deal. Whether you are one or not. It really depends on the individual whether the individual want to engage in copulation or not. I, myself am a Virgin. Not because i actively want to "save" my chastity, but it truly doesn't interest me. Right now, i am making a life for myself (going to school, etc.) so Copulation and gratification isn't really of any importance. Nor do i want to go through the trouble of "flings" And i don't think in my young age that its healthy for my body to.

Sadly, lots of girls my age don't think that way. As mentioned above, It is the "in" of the modern age, which i have stated that i personally don't agree with. If not go all the way, then somewhat close. And they loose focus in their life because of this interference.

I believe if an individual truly wants to copulate, he/she must be aware of the risks and the "healthy" age. Nobody wants to unnecessarily harm themselves right? So they must understand and be informed of the risks, safety measures and consequences. And none of them ever do and end up harming themselves.

In short, I personally don't think it is important to "pop the cherry". But in some schools, depending in the "social order" and for girls who are insecure and want to fit in at the cost of their health, Yeah. It is.

One of The Followers manga_reader_17's Avatar

I agree with you. I really don't see the big appeal of wanting to lose it.
    i guess it's just one of those things that you do it bcaue people tell you that you shouldn't even though they have good reason to tell you to wait.

Personally I believe if they choose to loose it, it's not something we should shun. If a girl does it because her friends do it then she just getting it out of the way. There is a very low possiblity that you won't loose it ever, so why not now? However I want to protect my virginity, because that is my personal view on my body. If my friend were to loose her I would go, "Congrats!"

Well, I can't say much, but I believe that in more conservative countries like Asia, losing one's virginity in their teens is, well... Not very acceptable, socially, be it with adults or with other teens. To me, losing one's virginity is just something that happens, but not necessarily something to be proud of.
    The mystical splendor of the crescent moon...

I am fifteen and I don't really give shit about it.