Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast

Thread: Current Chapter Discussion

Default Current Chapter Discussion

I figured it was time to create this thread here as well.

My comments on the fourth chapter (it's out, but not yet uploaded here):

This chapter made me "aww" several times, and I don't do that often. Asahi's fear of ghosts is cute, but the sleeping Koyuki easily takes the first place if it's a competition of cuteness. Simply adorable.

The new girl, Kuga, is somewhat mysterious. She seems to have some sort of a connection to the glasses guy, but even having glanced over the raws of the second volume I'm still unsure about the nature of that connection, though I'd hazard a guess that he likes her. The glasses guy is hardly present in the second volume, but Kuga becomes an important character.

The extras are unusually good. For once, not just some half-baked 4-koma. The first one brings a conclusion to Asahi and the teacher's story and the second one is a funny chibi story where the characters analyze the lack of fanservice in the series. I guess we don't need to worry about Iris Zero being affected by Ishihara's anime/manga/games regulation bill. XD

Thread stickied.

Continue discussing Current Chapters or ANY chapters at all in this thread. You are free to do so in here. Anymore threads that will be made with the same topic or a certain chapter number will be discarded.

Good day and Happy posting.

- nodocchi
    Last edited by nodnyl10; 12-15-2010 at 06:00 PM.

A Page Flipper

The chapter felt like filler to be honest besides the introduction of Kuga (I don't read the raws but I thought it was foreshadowing an arc involving her and possibly glasses guy).

Besides that it seemed a bit random. Asahi's overreaction to everything is the kind of thing that is amusing if you see/hear about it but would just be irritating if done to you. Koyuki's randomness upon being woken was funny though. Squirrels in the toilet was also stretching believability a little bit IMO.

Felt like a filler? Dude, this is basically a slice of life manga with just some supernatural elements and romance, so don't expect any long and world-changing arcs any time soon. Though it's true that this chapter lacks the usual serious theme. The next two chapters will tell Hijiri's story, which is relatively dark, but the latter half of the second volume looks just as light-hearted as this chapter. The authors said that their aim is a story with some serious themes but without a depressing mood, and that suits me perfectly.
    Last edited by Krozam; 12-14-2010 at 11:03 PM.

One of The Followers

Finally there is someone show an interest on Toru, not only that, she is not happy when Toru was talking with another girl. The problem is, why would she likes Toru? He is Iris Zero for the god sake ! (sarcasm)

I guess this series is about how Toru gain a new friend and recognition without having an iris ability. Who need that when you are super smart?

lol and I thought that Asashi is going to be one of those absolutely bitchy tsundere characters,well turned out I was wrong,she is a bit Tsundere but more to the dere side..

Which iris do you guys think that Kuga have, i don't know if they show, i read it too fast

Default hehe

i dont know about u guys but im loving this manga right now, its downright amazing! maybe its cause im a slice of life fan x]! i love toru! my kind of character in a manga and maan chapter 4 was hilarious mishima was so cute! and i do wonder what ability kuga has, he sure looks like he has a crazy ability xD

One of The Followers

I didn't like the last chapter.

The ENTIRE story is unable to happen because we have a character that can see lies! SHE CAN SEE LIES!

SHE HAS NO REASON TO BE AFRAID BECAUSE SHE CAN SEE LIES! Yet she is the one afraid even though she looked straight at the woman telling the lie about the ghosts. Did I mention that SHE COULD HAVE EASILY TOLD IF THE WOMAN WAS LYING OR NOT!

She even looked straight at the woman's back where the tail was supposed to sprout. If the woman was behind a counter I could have cut it some slack but like this I just can't let such a huge gaping black hole of a plot hole pass by and it just ruined all my enjoyment of the chapter.
    Last edited by Evenlesspleased; 12-15-2010 at 08:08 PM.

Hmm... You're right, that is a gaping plothole. Unless Asahi has to consciously use her power, then I guess she was just too scared to think about using her power.

Well, either way, I'm not so much of a perfectionist that it'd seriously diminish my enjoyment.

One of The Followers

Quote Originally Posted by Krozam View Post
    Hmm... You're right, that is a gaping plothole. Unless Asahi has to consciously use her power, then I guess she was just too scared to think about using her power.

Well, either way, I'm not so much of a perfectionist that it'd seriously diminish my enjoyment.
    I admire you for that, wish I could just step over that hole like you.

But I don't think she can control her powers.

In chapter 2 for example she looks surprised at seeing the male lead lying about not helping her. If she was consciously using her power it was to see if he was lying or not so she wouldn't be shocked. Also if she could control it her entire backstory gets allot weaker when she can just turn her ability on or off.

In the end I'll probably note this chapter down as that one really bad one. At least the next is up hill from this. Can't go much lower than telling an impossible story.

Page 1 of 94 1231151 ... LastLast