Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Incest or no Incest?

the broken hawk tosayimpossible's Avatar

Default Incest or no Incest?

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::
    A topic about whether or not the children pairing is incest

There's something I was wondering about... I see a lot of people complaining on this forum about manga that show incest, where the siblings turn out not to be blood-related. Apparently, regardless of if they're blood-related or not, incest is wrong; or so those complaining say.

So, my point is, in this particular manga, the older children youta and rina, as well as luna and ryou show signs of attraction to each other (although they're all too young to understand it well). If such feelings come to fruition later in their life, is that still "wrong"?

I'm not sure how this would work. Not to mention that one side of the family has catholic roots...

Your thoughts?
    Last edited by tosayimpossible; 11-03-2010 at 11:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by tosayimpossible View Post
    A topic about whether or not the children pairing is incest

There's something I was wondering about... I see a lot of people complaining on this forum about manga that show incest, where the siblings turn out not to be blood-related. Apparently, regardless of if they're blood-related or not, incest is wrong; or so those complaining say.

So, my point is, in this particular manga, the older children youta and rina, as well as luna and ryou show signs of attraction to each other (although they're all too young to understand it well). If such feelings come to fruition later in their life, is that still "wrong"?

I'm not sure how this would work. Not to mention that one side of the family has catholic roots...

Your thoughts?
    If anyone still complains after knowing the fact that they're not blood related it means that person must be a morally obsessed person. You just can't have incest if you're not blood related. Last time I checked you had to be.

One of The Followers CoccinelleGreen's Avatar

Well, for me blood in not really important because I see no problem with Rina and Youta but I will think it's really strange if an adopted brother and sister fall in love if they were adopted as babies because in this case they will be like real brother and sister.

So in my mind, it's all a question of growing up together or not, so I don't really know for Ryouta and Luna... they were fairly young, 4 I think? I don't know...
    Last edited by CoccinelleGreen; 06-22-2011 at 07:00 PM.

Actually, one of my good friends, is married to his step sister, and they have three wonderful kids. When you aren't related by blood, it isn't incest.

This may shed a little light to some, but Japanese society is not U. S. Society. In Japan, it is legal for first cousins to marry --I looked it up. It isn't a common practice, but it is legal there. Also, you should bear in mind that Japan is more of a clan type of society than the states. Historically speaking cousins and even brothers and sisters were allowed to marry one another in order to preserve the blood of their clans. They are definitely more of a closed society when it comes to being accepting of others. So it stands to reason, that the way they view each other is nothing like the way we do.

You've got to be able to recognize that this is there culture. You can judge it all you want, but to them, a lot of the things we do seem strange as well.

One of The Followers midnight.find's Avatar

IMO, I don't think it is incest at all especially if the two involved aren't blood related in any way. Yes, it may get confusing if they're going to have siblings. I admit, it's sorta awkward. But again, I don't see it as incest if they aren't blood related even if their future siblings will share both of their parents' blood..

But of course, I can't speak about this regarding how it is in different countries. And religion..

dsong

Luna and Ryou are too young so I don't see this as an issue.

As for Youta and Rina, it looks like Hikari is going to make this into a full-fledged love triangle. And unlike her mother, Hikari actually has a good chance. It'll be interesting to see how things turn out...

But no, incest/pseudo-incest isn't really going to play a part here. It's not like Rina has an "oni-chan" fetish...

Like the second poster who replied. How the hell can it be incest when they're not blood related? It's simple, it can't be end of story...

Commander of Dragon Army ENDER3000's Avatar

hikari has no chance imo =/ and no, not incest.

Kay-chan extraordinaire kklollypop's Avatar

By definition, it isn't thought of as incest. In the eyes of society, you know, it could be considered a taboo for the two to have intimate feelings for each other. Considering Youta and Rita are like, nine years old, I don't see it as being "wrong". It could be just a phase! Plus, it could be jealousy and admiration that they have for each other, not love. Who knows.
    (☞゚ヮ゚)☞Favourite Mangaka/Manhwa/Manhua:

Just like will2power said, incest or not is only a matter which culture you are in. In my culture, marriage (love relationship) is very strict. Siblings (blood related or not) is out of question. If you ever breastfeeding to a woman (other than your mother), family or not, even a total stranger, then you can't marry her, all her blood relatives, and all other person that ever breastfeeding to her.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast