Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Questions and Confusions

Default Questions and Confusions

If you have any questions, please post it here. Refrain from posting threads that only ask questions and one's confusions. Please use this thread when you have something to ask or clarify. Thank you.

well i have a question XD

is the first chapter it's own mini story? i got confused when i moved onto the second chapter and it seemed to be the same characters but a different story line completely.

Quote Originally Posted by Kiyamasho View Post
    well i have a question XD

is the first chapter it's own mini story? i got confused when i moved onto the second chapter and it seemed to be the same characters but a different story line completely.
    The first one is called one shot. One shot is generally like the opening of every manga. Usually the story will end in it, giving you the gist of the story if the manga is successes in serializing. Mangaka make one shot and send it to the publication company for evaluation. If the manga is considered pass, then serialization will start at chapter 1.

Hope this is right and helpful.
    You can also read Bakuman for indirect references.
    Last edited by Chido.; 10-04-2010 at 08:28 AM.

A Loyalist To Ranks

You can see a one-shot as a prototype of the series. It's used to check if the readers will like that type of story or not. Quite a lot might change when it's later made into a series, including people and endings.

Quote Originally Posted by Chidongan55 View Post
    The first one is called one shot. One shot is generally like the opening of every manga. Usually the story will end in it, giving you the gist of the story if the manga is successes in serializing. Mangaka make one shot and send it to the publication company for evaluation. If the manga is considered pass, then serialization will start at chapter 1.

Hope this is right and helpful.
    You can also read Bakuman for indirect references.
    it was helpful! thanks a lot!

Quote Originally Posted by Znail View Post
    You can see a one-shot as a prototype of the series. It's used to check if the readers will like that type of story or not. Quite a lot might change when it's later made into a series, including people and endings.
    makes sense! this was the first manga i read where they have a oneshot like this at the beginning XD

N3wb

Default This has nothing to do with the manga.

I was reading the first chapter when i saw this page http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ge_goo...01/c001/3.html. The manga above Negima Neo looks so familiar but I can't put my finger on it. Can you help me finding the title please?

The title is ROKOMOKO. It is a one shot, doesn't seem to have a follow up. It is done by Kaishaku...aka the guys behind Kannazuki no Miko, UFO Princess Valkyrie etc etc etc...

N3wb

Default Thank You

Thanks for the help, to my surprise i was able to translate half of the title, it was the mo that threw me off.

Default Spoiler

According to the last chapter, why would Ryou actually help Utsumi?

Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast