Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Answer ME Please!!! Silly Question...BUT Important!! Ryuuki Virginity!!

N3wb

Exclamation Answer ME Please!!! Silly Question...BUT Important!! Ryuuki Virginity!!

anyone...could you tell me, whether ryuuki was still a virgin or not...
    i read the manga,,, it said that he had already been with many women before...
    than he said that "if i lay with a women, there will be a child"
    then does it means his companion with women just having fun without intercourse???
    because if he was having fun with many girls with the intercourse...there will be a children right??
    or could it be in china dynasty there already have a "saver"

and i dont know why people easily trust the rumour that said ryuuki was homo when the fact that he has already been with so many woman he spend with??(is there no woman who gossiping about ryuuki actually visitting them??or anyone who saw ryuuki with girls??so they can see that the rumour was not correct) or could it be that the only one who think that ryuuki is fool and gay was shuurei...and the other keep quiet about it??

in manga said that he become emperor because of/for shuurei sake...then in novel he tells shuurei that he cannot become emperor for shuurei sake...and i dont really get the meaning of he cannot become emperor for shuurei sake ???

then...is it true or false(please let me know)
    -concubine is a woman that serving the king but they dont have marriage status(like a geisha in japan)?
    -harem is the place where the concubine lived
    -consort is a legally/main wife
    -does ryuuki has many concubines??
    -and i dont know the meaning of ladies-in-waiting

sorry it become toooooo waaaay long...
    i would be happy if you can reply this in order decreasing my stress about it espescially after read the latest spoiler that shuurei infertile than ryuuki must taking jyuusan hime as the second wife

Alistair = Adorkable <3 Kou Shuurei's Avatar

Well well now THAT's an interesting question, lol xD

As for the answer, it's relatively simple. Ryuuki had his fun with women before, I suppose. But that was at a time where he was the neglected 6th prince. He stopped doing so as he had become the sole heir because of said reason for children. It's clear to see in some scenes of the anime that he knows how to treat a woman, he's only that adorkable because he never had to handle love before. Therefore because the thing with Shuurei is a serious one, he tends to make a fool out of himself xD Love has this kind of effect and he's inexperienced in that matter.

At least this is how I have seen it and applied it to my FF's ^^ Accuracy isn't provided as the author is always vague with such infos. As with so many other things. Meh.

N3wb

The way I had interpreted his response to the original statement was that he was bisexual, but preferred men over women because there were consequences with having a relationship with a woman (for example, a child, rivalries, palace politics, etc). He chose to avoid this type of problem by mainly avoiding any relationship with women.

Quote Originally Posted by monou View Post
    then does it means his companion with women just having fun without intercourse???
    because if he was having fun with many girls with the intercourse...there will be a children right??

and i dont know why people easily trust the rumour that said ryuuki was homo when the fact that he has already been with so many woman he spend with??(is there no woman who gossiping about ryuuki actually visitting them??or anyone who saw ryuuki with girls??so they can see that the rumour was not correct) or could it be that the only one who think that ryuuki is fool and gay was shuurei...and the other keep quiet about it??

in manga said that he become emperor because of/for shuurei sake...then in novel he tells shuurei that he cannot become emperor for shuurei sake...and i dont really get the meaning of he cannot become emperor for shuurei sake ???

-concubine is a woman that serving the king but they dont have marriage status(like a geisha in japan)?

i would be happy if you can reply this in order decreasing my stress about it espescially after read the latest spoiler that shuurei infertile than ryuuki must taking jyuusan hime as the second wife
    Nope, Ryuuki isn't a virgin. From what I understood, and also mentioned by Thistleby, he is most probably bisexual, and prior to his status as sole heir, he might just have had relationships with both men and women ~ both easily available to him since he's after all a prince.

But the reason why Ryuuki indulged in them was more likely because he was afraid to be alone in the dark, so I guess he's pretty cooperative as long as the string of lovers will be at his bedside. Didn't matter male or female. But when he realised there might be a possibility of begetting an heir (and hes only sitting around the throne waiting for his beloved brother) he chose only male companions. I don't think he was so into sex but rather because he was afraid to be alone, and if companionship could be procured by sexual intercourse, he will do it. All these wasn't done with much love, or desire. He just couldn't bear being alone.

Hence he's really clumsy with Shuurei, because there's just so much things he didnt understand.

As for he becoming an Emperor for Shuurei's sake, it's mainly because of Shuurei did he decide he would be an emperor (because Shuurei has this outmost faith that Ryuuki will be a good King, and worked so hard for his sake) But if he is the Emperor, he must do so for the country, and not for Shuurei alone. Abit of an irony here though.

As for your last question:

In the tradition of Ancient China, the imperial harem is like the Emperor's private harem ~ visited by no other men. The concubines are NOT geishas, and they are considered legal consort to the Emperor. After all polygamy is practised. The children these concubines have do enjoyed the legal status of princes and princesses.

Lady-in-waitings, well they are not the consorts, but just ladies who served in the harem and they are of noble status. They can be promoted to become consorts too. Of course these consorts are the legal wives of the Emperor, so their status is obviously higher than just 'lady-in-waiting'. Ryuuki doesnt have any concubines I think. Shuurei is the first - because prior to Shuurei, there's no need for any concubines, as Everyone knew that Ryuuki only sought relationships from men. After Shuurei, Ryuuki also reject 'promoting' any girl to consort status within the harem.

I hope that answers your questions?

A Page Flipper

A concubine is nothing like a geisha. A geisha is an entertainer, not a prostitute, and they do not engage in sex with their clients. A concubine is basically a kept woman, like a mistress, usually an official one, there for his pleasure. A lady in waiting is the assistant of a noblewoman at a noble court, usually a lesser noblewoman herself.

Quote Originally Posted by branewurms View Post
    A concubine is nothing like a geisha. A geisha is an entertainer, not a prostitute, and they do not engage in sex with their clients. A concubine is basically a kept woman, like a mistress, usually an official one, there for his pleasure. A lady in waiting is the assistant of a noblewoman at a noble court, usually a lesser noblewoman herself.
    Just to add on to that, Geisha used to be a man's job. In the early days, there were only male geishas, and they were merely entertainers, but it was only later on that women dominated the show, and in the truest sense, are not prostitutes. But they are supposed to provide companionship - with their artistic talents, and misconception began to arise when prostitutes began to 'identify' themselves as 'geishas'; and then there are those who do go the extra mile and sold their bodies on top of their trade.

N3wb

Unhappy really confused

hey guys were did you read this? how come its not here please help...i really don't know whats happening. the anime is soo pissing off!! please update me about it..and where i could find scans!! please email me at akocdeni@gmail.com....realyy need help here

One of The Followers Wilhelmina4's Avatar

Well..Akifumi replies covered most of the questions I think.

About Ryuuki : i am not sure that it was actually said that he had many women before but rather he has been with women before ( basicly he has done it ! ) About the men things I think this is more like he seeked companionship from them. They shared the bed as he was afraid of the dark. This is a shoujo so that topic would probably wasn´t mentioned. ( Not that I mind though )

About Ryuuki not having any kids. As I said before that he had sex with females before and probably didn't resulted in any children and once he became the sole heir to the throne or the only one left behind he didn´t continue sowing his royal seed ! And be with men or taken celibacy and surrounded himself with male companions instead to prevent getting consorts to be candidates to his face.

He first became the emperor for Shuurei but then later on he wanted to become an emperor out of his own wish. he has developed as a person.

For your other questions :

concubine is a more like mistresses in a way and depended sometimes on your background like family ( pedegree ? ) to get elevated to a higher position - consort.
    -harem is the place where the concubine lived - if you talk about the sultan's Harem= yes.
    It could be also like a place called as a female quarter where the king's household female members lived. In some others cultures. The prince ( the boys ) will be moved out of Harem when they started to get education and lived in a prince hall or quarter ( Saxon tradition ). But in some places it was the place the king kept his mistresses( separated from his queen and that was really the place called Harem - Arabic, Inner Chamber - Ooku ( Japanese )

Consort could be a minor wives also. Sometimes depended on the ranks. If the consort came from distinguished family then she could become a royal consort which was like the main wife or the queen or empress. Often if she gave birth to a son to the king. So when the king died and the son became King or emperor then she would get the title of Empress Dowedger.

Before Shuurei - no, he has noone.
    After Shuurei ? - none
    After the wedding ? probably not. I am sure he'd have his hands full either with Shuurei or Jyusan Hime.

Ladies - in -waiting served the royal family members like Kourin and the other lady did ( the one who loved Shouka- Shuureiäs dad ) She also served the king like helping him get dress, see to his need. The king could also takes her to bed if he wanted to,

hope this help.

I was too curious bout whether Ryuuki is still a virgin or not.

To my thinking if Ryuuki has sex before w/ other women... won't he still have at least a child cause I remember in anime, Shuuei said that he had laid w/ many women before and quite often. (or in ancient China, there's already have 'saver' like what you said)

if he had sex w/ women before he became an emperor (like what Kou Shuurei said)... doesn't at least one of the women he had laid before will conceive a child???

I too agree w/ what you said, if he had laid w/ many women... there should be rumors spreading around that he was not a homo.

i don't think he's a bisexual... i think that he just wanna spread rumors of him prefer men than women cause he doesn't want to have any relationships w/ any women (doesn't want any child, rivalries, palace politics) plus he's waiting for Prince Seien/Seiran to come back and take the throne and he's scared of dark so he wanna some accompany.

for the Shuurei's sake and not... He firstly became an emperor because of Shuurei's sake but later on he wanted to protect his country so he cannot be an emperor for only Shuurei's sake plus he has to produce an heir too.

Ryuuki does not has any concubines before. (it has said that in anime ep 1, Ryuuki does not has any wives) since he also wanna have only one wife.

For the ladies in waiting, I think it means people like Kourin.

As for Ryuuki's virginity, I, myself too is having lotsa confusions. I too hope someone will solve this confusion...

Quote Originally Posted by lilprincessting View Post
    I was too curious bout whether Ryuuki is still a virgin or not.

To my thinking if Ryuuki has sex before w/ other women... won't he still have at least a child cause I remember in anime, Shuuei said that he had laid w/ many women before and quite often. (or in ancient China, there's already have 'saver' like what you said)

if he had sex w/ women before he became an emperor (like what Kou Shuurei said)... doesn't at least one of the women he had laid before will conceive a child???
    I think they might already have 'saver'.
    If not, Shuuei would have A LOT of children by now, since he OFTEN went to the red district.
    And the prostitutes would get pregnant EVERYDAY.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast