Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: what do you think about Sa Sakujun?

a place where the word 'boredom' is restricted:)

Default what do you think about Sa Sakujun?

i would just like to ask what kind of character is Sa Sakujun for you..is he really that bad or just ambitious?is he really not suitable for shuurei?don't you think he can also be a perfect gentleman?and anything that comes into your mind when you hear his name,,,as for me, i actually like his strong personality that i wished he didn't die at all. for i also want him to meet ryuuki and tell him face to face that he also want shuurei to be his wife. i just wonder how ryuuki would react and how will he take shuurei back...

I wonder if you're asking about Sa Sakujun as a person or about his pairing with Shuurei but I'll answer them both.

I don't hate Sakujun but don't even appreciate his character. Having no problems is a problem in itself and he found his life to run in a monotonius tone. He was unaware of things like struggle, pain and suffering. He lived for being entertained and the word 'ambition','goals' didn't exist in his dictionary. There was no meaning to his life. He later found fun in making people suffer and built up satsujinzoku. He's some one who's very skilled at martial arts, is a master mind but what's the use if he used them for destructive purpose.

And as for Shuurei and Sakujun's pairing...it's simply impossible. There's no strength in their relationship nor is there any meaning. It was a relation built out of infatuation, desire, temptation and for the sake of entertainment. Maybe Sakujun did love Shuurei later but it's built out of obsession. I don't think that Shuurei loved him. He was the first one to actually make her feel like a woman and that's the reason she fell for him. But that's infatutaion and not love.

To tell the truth I personally felt inappropriate to say that Sakujun is 'very like' Ryuuki. Yes, they did say a few things similar to Shuurei but what the intention with which they say so t her is totally different.
    Deviation form the topic-
    Shuurei did say taht Sakujun is very like Ryuuki and in the later volumes also said that Anju's like Sakujun. The only difference is that Anju doesn't complain about boredom. No offense to Shuurei's thoughts of similarity but-

Though their dressing sense and way of talking is very similar I again find differences. I mean Anju did face worse situation and had to live a very hard and painful life very unlike him. I don't blame Anju for what he is now. Situations made him like that and he's right in his own way. Sometimes I feel he intentionally acted like Sakujun ...maybe to hurt Shuurei? But he does care about her(non romantic feelings. Just appreciates her because though she's a princess of Kou clan she's different and like one of them) as he didn't want her to involve herself in their conflict against Ryuuki and hurt herself by indirectly making her Ryuuki's consort.

Quote Originally Posted by Seiran Shi View Post
    I wonder if you're asking about Sa Sakujun as a person or about his pairing with Shuurei but I'll answer them both.

I don't hate Sakujun but don't even appreciate his character. Having no problems is a problem in itself and he found his life to run in a monotonius tone. He was unaware of things like struggle, pain and suffering. He lived for being entertained and the word 'ambition','goals' didn't exist in his dictionary. There was no meaning to his life. He later found fun in making people suffer and built up satsujinzoku. He's some one who's very skilled at martial arts, is a master mind but what's the use if he used them for destructive purpose.

And as for Shuurei and Sakujun's pairing...it's simply impossible. There's no strength in their relationship nor is there any meaning. It was a relation built out of infatuation, desire, temptation and for the sake of entertainment. Maybe Sakujun did love Shuurei later but it's built out of obsession. I don't think that Shuurei loved him. He was the first one to actually make her feel like a woman and that's the reason she fell for him. But that's infatutaion and not love.

To tell the truth I personally felt inappropriate to say that Sakujun is 'very like' Ryuuki. Yes, they did say a few things similar to Shuurei but what the intention with which they say so t her is totally different.
    Deviation form the topic-
    Shuurei did say taht Sakujun is very like Ryuuki and in the later volumes also said that Anju's like Sakujun. The only difference is that Anju doesn't complain about boredom. No offense to Shuurei's thoughts of similarity but-

Though their dressing sense and way of talking is very similar I again find differences. I mean Anju did face worse situation and had to live a very hard and painful life very unlike him. I don't blame Anju for what he is now. Situations made him like that and he's right in his own way. Sometimes I feel he intentionally acted like Sakujun ...maybe to hurt Shuurei? But he does care about her(non romantic feelings. Just appreciates her because though she's a princess of Kou clan she's different and like one of them) as he didn't want her to involve herself in their conflict against Ryuuki and hurt herself by indirectly making her Ryuuki's consort.
    well..i guess your right, then, his character or personality was not that agreeable. for I thought, that he also got something good about him. and yes, i think their pairing is impossible now.
    thanks for opening my eyes... on how bad he is...

I've grown to enjoy the episodes with Sakujan simply because he seemed to be the only one that was able to penetrate Shuurei's defenses. I liked seeing that she actually possessed the kind of feelings/weaknesses that a woman can have as they relate to a man.

As to Sakujan himself, well, I don't really have any distinct feelings about him. He openly admitted that he killed his uncle's son and wife so I guess that makes him a killer. Other than that, I just saw him as a perpetually bored individual who had no real purpose life.

I thought it was interesting that in the anime while Sakujan was dying under the tree in Sa province, at the same time Ryuuki was talking to Shuuei about the influence that Shuurei had wrought in his life and he said that even if he died alone in the end, he would still feel that he was blessed because he was touched by her light (or something like that). It showed a stark contrast between the way Sakujan and Ryuuki dealt with and thought of Shuurei's influence in their lives.

As to Sakujan having the potential to be a perfect gentleman, I suppose he can be. He seems like a "roleplayer" to me. I think he can pull off any role he wanted to. Now whether he's truly a gentleman in his heart is another story.

Suitable for Shuurei? Well, let's pretend that Sakujan hadn't murdered anyone and that Shuurei and him genuinely like each other, I would see nothing wrong with them being together if thats what they wanted. Sakujan is of course not my preference for Shuurei but if they cherished a mutual affection for each other, then I would see nothing "unsuitable" about them becoming a couple (again, excluding the fact that he has murdered others).
    Last edited by Celebrianna; 10-25-2009 at 01:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roshanne View Post
    well..i guess your right, then, his character or personality was not that agreeable. for I thought, that he also got something good about him. and yes, i think their pairing is impossible now.
    thanks for opening my eyes... on how bad he is...
    I apologize if you feel that I've forced my opinions on yours. To tell you frankly, I don't think he's a bad guy. People are different and I respect his originality. Considering the fact that he was born with everything to make one's life a bliss, he wasn't aware of struggle of life and Love was possibly the last thing he wanted to feel and experience and with that wish being fulfilled he felt saturated that his life was saturated as as he had nothing to live for or had anything to explore.

I believe he isn't dead and maybe for that reason I didn't feel bad when he was so-called-dead.

Here is something that hints his existence-

http://community.livejournal.com/saiunkoku/82470.html (Sakujun at the end of the novel)

well, as of now, i'm accepting his death for i've already started watching the 2nd season but i have not finished it yet 'cause of school works. the last time i've seen him was when eigetsu's scolding him because he chose to die. i'm not yet certain if that appearance of him again was really him or just eigetsu's fancy. but if the second it is then, who let eigetsu go from being chained? that's what i'm not certain about and maybe, it was also my shining hope that he's still alive. i'm not choosing him over ryuuki but i'm curious of the things that may possibly happen if only he's still alive.sigh.i really mean to thank you for presenting me again his...dark form. for i seem to forget it the time that i post this poll. i can't deny that i was a little hurt for how you described him,maybe i'm just not that prepared for comments like that about him but i can understand now. especially when i watched again the whole first season during our sembreak....

Well at first when they introduce him I wasn't to sure but he did remind me a lot of Ryuuki in the way he acted. But as it went a long I kind of started to hate him because his true personality started to show, and he was like a completely different person then what I thought he was. I was happy when he died sorry to any of the Sakujun fans and I'm glad that whole thing is over and Shuurei can move on from here.

×÷·´¯`·)» ナツ«(·´¯`·÷× YoRoShiKu's Avatar

i liked sa sakujun, Oh well, u noe gers have this attraction to bad guys who are charming.

To me whether his dead or not is not the most impt thing, but when he "died" under the tree, it is a significance of the end of his r/s with Shuurei

Default sakujun

At first his character is a bit odd but when I watched the following episodes i get to like him. His way I also saw shuurei's soft side. I like sakujun... and I got sad he died in the end...

Smile

He's a wirdo

Quote Originally Posted by roshanne View Post
    the last time i've seen him was when eigetsu's scolding him because he chose to die. i'm not yet certain if that appearance of him again was really him or just eigetsu's fancy. but if the second it is then, who let eigetsu go from being chained?
    anyway, how eigetsu knows sakunju?? how did he know sakujun choose to die? for wat i know, sakujun was missing when shuurei and eigetsu was searching for him... (or am i just missing some important parts>)

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast