Thread: Excellent manga, excellent read, recommended.

As easy-going it is... Lost-Wisdom's Avatar

Default Excellent manga, excellent read, recommended.

Never had a read that made me think that I was actually there in person feeling their motions and their displays of faults, happiness and suffering.

Also, to think this is also the person who created the greatest samurai manga "Vagabond" I know he doesn't disappoint and isn't afraid to go beyond what other manga artists can do.

Art is very awesome and the characters, they feel really REALISTIC. That's all, realistic characters always get to me because they feel more REAL.

Anyways, from what my thread title suggests, this is a great read. And it's hard for me to stop reading it as well, yet again he doesn't disappoint.

(Though this manga was out for a while, I still feel I need to make a thread in order to recognize how great this manga is)

Quote Originally Posted by Lost-Wisdom View Post
    Never had a read that made me think that I was actually there in person feeling their motions and their displays of faults, happiness and suffering.

Also, to think this is also the person who created the greatest samurai manga "Vagabond" I know he doesn't disappoint and isn't afraid to go beyond what other manga artists can do.

Art is very awesome and the characters, they feel really REALISTIC. That's all, realistic characters always get to me because they feel more REAL.

Anyways, from what my thread title suggests, this is a great read. And it's hard for me to stop reading it as well, yet again he doesn't disappoint.

(Though this manga was out for a while, I still feel I need to make a thread in order to recognize how great this manga is)
    Lost wisdom i soo totaly agree with you :O this manga is soo amazing and very shocking. I like how to characters develop through out the story and they become a better person. I also like the newest chapter very very intresting :O

Seconded. This manga is brilliant, undoubtedly one of the best I've read.

I totally AGREE with all of you~ ♥

This manga should be way more popular than it currently is. Out of the +/-300 manga I've read, I consider this one the best I've read so far and I'm not someone who easily gives credit to a manga. Well, I have to admit I'm a huge fan of Takehiko Inoue, he's absolutely brilliant and REAL is his best work so far.
    The way he deals with this very touchy and delicate theme is amazing, there's just the right amount of drama and reality that strikes at you and sometimes gives you a very bad feeling in your stomach and on the other hand, you laugh with the main characters. Especially the three protagonists are very multi-dimensional characters with lots of layers you have to dig through in order to understand them. For example, even though Togawa is an amputee and uses a wheelchair, this is not his main character trait, he's not "the amputee", he's Togawa who's in love with his childhoodfriend, thickheaded, afraid that his cancer may come back, gets into fights easily, stirrs up his team, has his idols and dreams... The disabled persons are not portrayed as the poor guys who need our pity, they're portayed as struggling humans in a society that mostly looks down on them.

I respect Inoue a lot for this manga and can't wait until I get to hold my very own copy of volume 11 in my hands in November. I really don't want to spoil the fun by reading online. No, this manga is one of the few I refuse to read online.

Default RE

i agreed with you all, this is a very very good manga. however, considering that this came from slam dunk creator, i thought there would be more funny and bright elements in the comic, this manga feels so sad and gloomy, hope takehiko sensei would put some hard laughs in it while still not losing the drama just like slam dunk, or at least just a bit of it cause i don't want to cry for every 10 chapters i read

Anyway, this is the first manga that makes me feel connected to it. i had quite a bad time lately, but this, this manga made me glad to be alive with whatever i am today

I disagree, fien. I think hard laughs wouldn't go well with the seriousness of the issues dealt with in the manga. In my opinion, paralysis, trauma and the likes are hardly a laughing matter.

Otherwise, I agree with all of you, this manga makes me appreciate my life and being healthy and it is a brilliant read. Highly recommended.

One of The Followers phantom6man's Avatar

This manga is the best sports manga that I have read which tackles situation on the handicaps and character development. No offense to the other basketball themed manga I have read but this one is the REAL one, I must say. The emotions here are simply overflowing and the realism is in fact so real that it can be called surreal.
    And thus, by witnessing my glorious form, you should now realize... That your defeat is absolute. - Akashi Seijuro

This was the third manga i read after Slam Dunk and Vagabond...Although i am very new to manga i can assume that Tahehiko is one of the greatest manga author...