PDA

View Full Version : Ao no Exorcist Latest Chapter Discussion

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

skinnybitch
01-18-2011, 07:14 AM
Okay guys, here's another official thread for ya.

This one's all about the latest scanalated chapters. For those who don't know, that means the chapters releases in English.

Please post all your opinions on the recent released chapters here. Both positive and negative opinions welcome, however remember 'negative' does not mean 'angst-filled rage' so use some tact and be respectful of other members.

We start off this new thread with a new arc in the storyline. Looks like will be getting some back story on skunk-hair's (Suguro) history.

littlelilisayuri
01-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Aaaagggggg I hate how a bunch of rins friends are being hypocritical jerks!!!! They were all like yeah we're best flipping friends ad then they're all like gasp you' re satans kid!??!! I definitley don't want to be ear you!I would at least TRY tobe tolerant I kow id b freaked but ugh graaaagh!z!!!they're jerks I hope rin changes ALL of their opinions and not just shiemis!

IzayaShizuo
01-23-2011, 11:50 AM
Aaaagggggg I hate how a bunch of rins friends are being hypocritical jerks!!!! They were all like yeah we're best flipping friends ad then they're all like gasp you' re satans kid!??!! I definitley don't want to be ear you!I would at least TRY tobe tolerant I kow id b freaked but ugh graaaagh!z!!!they're jerks I hope rin changes ALL of their opinions and not just shiemis!

ugh, i agree with you. T.T

but i love how 'eyebrows' (lol i forgot what her real name is) is acting normal around him. ^^ at first i thought she was really horrible, but now i'm starting to like her a bit more. :D and shiemi i think is just unsure, kind of? like, whether she should be scared or not.

earthforge
01-23-2011, 09:18 PM
Uh give the Kyoto trio a break. You wouldn't be exactly friendly with the son of the guy who brutally murdered your father, grandfather or brother, especially if you found out that son had some of the same vicious tendencies as his father. Rin is volatile, too easily can he get out of control and too easily can he kill without really noticing.

Also, they seem to all have their different reasons. Shima seems to be the least concerned despite how he goes along with it, Koneko is the most fearful (probably because he was orphaned because of the Blue Night), and Bon is in general betrayed since he was the closest of them to Rin and they shared the same goal. I think Bon had a sort of admiration for him, even though he'd never show it, but he'd always be ticked because he could never see why Rin could do these grandiose feats.

idealistical
01-28-2011, 07:11 AM
Uh give the Kyoto trio a break. You wouldn't be exactly friendly with the son of the guy who brutally murdered your father, grandfather or brother, especially if you found out that son had some of the same vicious tendencies as his father. Rin is volatile, too easily can he get out of control and too easily can he kill without really noticing.

I agree with you that their fear and their anger is perfectly understandable; after all, it's very common for people to misdirect their feelings after experiencing a tragedy (like when people started making discriminatory generalizations about Islam after the 9/11 attacks). That's not to say it's right. It's not right in the slightest. But I can certainly understand why it would happen.

That said, I still think that they're being unreasonably cruel to Rin (not intentionally of course...but still). I could understand them hating Satan's son if Satan's son was a stranger to them - it's easy to hate someone you don't know. But to reject a good friend? Maybe I'm forgetting something, but to my knowledge, Rin has never harmed any of them with his demon powers; moreover, he's used those powers to help them on numerous occasions (though granted, they didn't know that lol). No matter how volatile he is, knowing his personality I highly doubt that he'd ever kill any of his friends accidentally - he'd find some way to avoid that, I'm sure.

I do understand why his friends react that way, really I do. But it's still very sad to me, since I mean, Rin was brought up as a normal human. He didn't even know about his demon powers until recently too. And now to be feared by his first friends ever? I'm sure they still care deep down though, and I'm looking forward to when they all make up again :]

earthforge
01-28-2011, 03:12 PM
I definitely agree with most of your post!

That said, I still think that they're being unreasonably cruel to Rin (not intentionally of course...but still). I could understand them hating Satan's son if Satan's son was a stranger to them - it's easy to hate someone you don't know. But to reject a good friend? Maybe I'm forgetting something, but to my knowledge, Rin has never harmed any of them with his demon powers; moreover, he's used those powers to help them on numerous occasions (though granted, they didn't know that lol). No matter how volatile he is, knowing his personality I highly doubt that he'd ever kill any of his friends accidentally - he'd find some way to avoid that, I'm sure.

Rin was more of Bon's friend. He wasn't really close to Koneko or Shima. Thus they can feel more justified.

The straw that broke the camel's back wasn't really the revelation that Rin was Satan's son, but when Mephisto dragged the crazed Rin over. Yup, Rin never harmed them. But it was Mephisto that kept Rin four feet away from killing all of them. (Rin couldn't tell friend from foe anymore. Had Mephisto and Shura not been watching, Rin would've probably killed the more defenseless and then the Paladin would've slaughtered him. Rin's too powerful and can kill unintentionally. We understand the unintentional part, but realize Rin's practically born to kill.)

I do understand why his friends react that way, really I do. But it's still very sad to me, since I mean, Rin was brought up as a normal human. He didn't even know about his demon powers until recently too. And now to be feared by his first friends ever? I'm sure they still care deep down though, and I'm looking forward to when they all make up again :]

Rin's still a demon. For exorcists who were raised to destroy demons as their number one priority, it's difficult to grasp that a demon can be raised as a human and thus act very normally, and even ignorant of what it is.

Me tooo! I really love the Kyoto trio's interactions with Rin before the revelation, and hope it gets better!

J3n0va
01-28-2011, 08:25 PM

I feel the same way :sad: Sure it was a bit of a shock but it's not like they have to outright ignore him.

Also, they seem to all have their different reasons. Shima seems to be the least concerned despite how he goes along with it, Koneko is the most fearful (probably because he was orphaned because of the Blue Night), and Bon is in general betrayed since he was the closest of them to Rin and they shared the same goal. I think Bon had a sort of admiration for him, even though he'd never show it, but he'd always be ticked because he could never see why Rin could do these grandiose feats.

Yeah but at the very least they could give him a chance to explain. If you think about it they are very different from each other. It's just the matter of Him being Satan's son (I realize while I'm typing this that it's not a small difference). Think about it like this: Rin's Biological parents probably died as a result of the blue flames from Satan and then Satan kills his foster Dad. I think Rin has it way worse than any of them.

Being stuck as the son of the guy who killed your family and you're hated for it, Sucks to be Rin.

iceywind
01-29-2011, 01:28 AM
Even though most of them are still being stubborn, it's nice to see Shima acting friendly again. I liked his words, "it's too troublesome to keep ignoring him" haha

earthforge
01-29-2011, 09:42 PM
I feel the same way :sad: Sure it was a bit of a shock but it's not like they have to outright ignore him.

Though as chapter 17 proved, them ignoring him was better than provoking him. Bon was treading very unsafe ground when he accused Rin of being just like Satan. Had that argument gone farther, I think Rin would've been pushed to the edge.

Yeah but at the very least they could give him a chance to explain. Being stuck as the son of the guy who killed your family and you're hated for it, Sucks to be Rin.

Indeed, indeed. But don't forget Rin went totally nuts in front of them and was two feet from killing them. That needs no explanation, and that's why Rin felt like it was understandable why they were ignoring him and why he couldn't address Koneko's concern immediately. However, Bon's hatred of anything he percieves as related to Satan is partially unwarranted, since Rin had (mostly) nothing to do with it and as you said, Rin has lost important people because of Satan too.

autumnaki
02-01-2011, 12:02 AM
I'm looking forward to the next new translations. I like getting all the back story on the characters. :3

On a side note, I didn't see a thread for this but it does relate to the manga. I'm just curious, but when Shiemi was introduced she and Rin agreed to be friends. Does Rin seriously not understand that? Or how it probably really upset her when he denied the fact? Or did both of them completely forget that they called each other friends previously?

I won't deny that I find it cruel how everyone is treating him, but I keep imagining how Shiemi must have felt when he basically denied being her friend. It was so mean.

Just curious...
:)

Anya83
02-01-2011, 09:19 PM
I see that Bon's family and the Eyes of the Impure King plot is less important to us fans than Rin's spat with his friends :) (understandable)

And man, are they pushing Shiemi's clumsiness too far or what? And then she went crying how she feels useless again. And then her crying made first aid kit flying through the window, I hope we'll have some rational explanation later
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c018/26.html
Maybe new power in place of her recently absent familiar?

Shima's family is ridiculously cool. Love them to bits.

Bon's dad is drunk, haha, I didn't see that coming <rotfl> And Bon's some kind of a monk prince, huh?

About how friends treat Rin - I think it's misunderstanding. Shiemi, as we saw here:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c018/25.html
is hurt that Rin and Yukio didn't tell her about Rin's little "problem" and thinks they don't see her as a friend. Also, I think that her first reaction when Rin's nature was revealed was a shock that he can smile and joke when he's in such a horrible position
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c014/24.html.
She's not scared or angry
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c015/7.html
She wants to make contact and explain herself but she can't utter a word
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c017/8.html).
She's just that weird. So when that's cleared up they'll be best of awkward friends again.

Kamiki doesn't get what the fuss' about. Shima is already friendly again, even though he's surrounded by the tense atmosphere made by everyone else. Konekomaru, whose behavior towards Rin was the worst of all his friends I think is just very protective of Bon (many people said that), and even though he still likes Rin he wants to be on the safe side just in case
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c017/25.html

Bon is a mystery though. He was shocked that satan's son is in the academy. But maybe it wasn't personal? He was furious when Kamiki said his words about being friends with Rin had no meaning
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c017/23.html).
His biggest concern seems to be Rin's kurikara though. His first words after Rin revealed his flames were not about Rin at all - it was about his sword
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c013/36.html
And in the hospital too
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c015/42.html
Looks to me that he'd like to have that thing to himself. Dunno how it affects what Bon thinks of Rin though.

earthforge
02-02-2011, 01:23 AM
autumn: Didn't notice that, thanks for bringing it up! I always considered that Kazue hadn't yet ironed out the character yet so the friend's pact in chapter 2. But now that I think back on it, there's a reversal between Rin and Shiemi.

anya: I think the flying medical kit had nothing to do with Shiemi. There are sounds of arguing coming from the inside of the ryokan, so I think it was the families arguing. Kamiki was probably just expecting Shiemi to cry, but then really was caught off guard with the flying medkit.

In the case of Shiemi's Familiar, I think all Shiemi needs to do is regain her confidence. I think Kamiki helped her do some of that. The rest she has to do on her own, plus she has to reconcile with Rin. Then I think she'll be able to use her Familiar again. It's like Kamiki and her Familiars in chapter 6, Kamiki had completely lost confidence and couldn't summon them until she got her act together.

Shima's friendly? Huh? *missed something*

Koneko has the best reason to hate Rin IMHO, because... well, that'd be a spoiler from the raws. (Hopefully soon sala-san will scan that chapter, tis one of my favs)

I agree, Kamiki has no personal agenda regarding Rin, and probably just considers him a typical demon exorcist. I think she more just doesn't care.

I agree, Bon's anger with Rin is not just personal grudge. It;s Kurikara. Bon recognized Kurikara from pictures his father showed him. Bon's figured out that this means his own father had a hand in Rin's birth, and is deeply disturbed by the idea that his father, the monk who survived the Blue Night, was involved in a conspiracy with Satan.

Anya83
02-02-2011, 08:37 PM
anya: I think the flying medical kit had nothing to do with Shiemi. There are sounds of arguing coming from the inside of the ryokan, so I think it was the families arguing. Kamiki was probably just expecting Shiemi to cry, but then really was caught off guard with the flying medkit.I didn't think of that... I hope you're right, cause I don't like the idea of Flying Medkit Power.

In the case of Shiemi's Familiar, I think all Shiemi needs to do is regain her confidence. I think Kamiki helped her do some of that. The rest she has to do on her own, plus she has to reconcile with Rin. Then I think she'll be able to use her Familiar again. It's like Kamiki and her Familiars in chapter 6, Kamiki had completely lost confidence and couldn't summon them until she got her act together.That's probably what will happen. Or maybe not, she's so weird it's hard to say.

Shima's friendly? Huh? *missed something*Ha, that was a spoiler on my part. He did tell off Konekomaru on the train though.

Koneko has the best reason to hate Rin IMHO, because... well, that'd be a spoiler from the raws. (Hopefully soon sala-san will scan that chapter, tis one of my favs)I'm guessing he lost his family on the Blue Night or something. But all the Kyoto trio did.

I agree, Bon's anger with Rin is not just personal grudge. It;s Kurikara. Bon recognized Kurikara from pictures his father showed him. Bon's figured out that this means his own father had a hand in Rin's birth, and is deeply disturbed by the idea that his father, the monk who survived the Blue Night, was involved in a conspiracy with Satan.That's a spoiler I didn't know yet. (it's ok though)

iceywind
02-03-2011, 01:33 AM
Shima's friendly? Huh? *missed something*

We're talking latest chapters right, not just scanlated ones? And when did you miss this earth? You even commented in the mangahelpers forum how happy you were that Shima and Rin were interacting again lol.

SPOILER FOR THOSE THAT DON"T LOOK AT RAWS

Chapter 19 he ends up talking to Rin during dinner. The summary says "he is laughing at himself for chatting with Rin even though he didn't want to get involved with Rin. He says that it looks like it's more difficult to not be involved with Rin, so he's given up."
Chapter 20 he greets Rin and sits with him at breakfast, which almost gives koneko a hernia lol. He even invites Rin to swim with them later.

skinnybitch
02-03-2011, 07:45 AM
Hmm....I wonder if I started calling Suguru, "Skunk Head", it would catch on or not?

Since you know the recent chapter made a deal of that...

I kind of want to start that nickname...

earthforge
02-03-2011, 08:44 AM
icey: I know, but this thread is supposed to be for latest scanlated chapters, so I thought that people were saying Shima was being friendly in the scanlations.

I didn't think of that... I hope you're right, cause I don't like the idea of Flying Medkit Power.

Haha, yep. It's just, otherwise it doesn't make sense.

I'm guessing he lost his family on the Blue Night or something. But all the Kyoto trio did.

well, there's more to that.

That's a spoiler I didn't know yet. (it's ok though)

No, not a spoiler. It's my hunch. As you mentioned, Bon focused on Kurikara and remarked his father had shown him pictures of it. So his father was somehow related to Kurikara and when Kurikara was stolen from the temple.

But soon in raw land, we will get some answers when the raw comes out in a few days for chapter 22.

autumnaki
02-03-2011, 05:07 PM
Definitely looking forward to the RAW of 22. :D

Haha. I think Skunk Head is hilarious. I didn't realize Shima had pink hair either until this chapter. I wonder how prominently pink it will be when the anime comes out. :)

Anya83
02-03-2011, 11:09 PM
well, there's more to that.Okay, I don't wanna know, I can wait :)

No, not a spoiler. It's my hunch. As you mentioned, Bon focused on Kurikara and remarked his father had shown him pictures of it. So his father was somehow related to Kurikara and when Kurikara was stolen from the temple.Oh. That makes sense. My interpretation was that Kurikara (as a type of sword, not one single item) is something that Bon learned about and possibly desires to own. Maybe he wants to use it to open the gate to Gehenna once he's ready to fight satan, or maybe fight satan with the sword. But now I'm not so sure he'd want to take Rin's Kurikara, I can't see, well, greed in his eyes.

elpobre
02-07-2011, 02:56 PM
i have a question, in the begining why was rin's brother smaller than now?, magic???

dragontail68_1234
02-08-2011, 04:42 AM
okay, the newest chapter is mainly about Bon's life as a child. He actually liked his dad. Then he goes to school before he dyed his hair with a white streak.

Allen_Walker_14th
02-09-2011, 06:53 AM
Thanks J.A.C. and matias067 for the contributes, scans, translations, and typesets. I appreciate your hardwork!

gamermike93
02-13-2011, 05:48 AM
Finally chapter 20 is release and scanlated and is on J.A.C site now. It tells y konemaru(dont care for his name lol) is so afraid of rin. Well it give us more of his backstory. They are really picking up the pace with translating the manga. I think it is coming out once a week now lol. Every1 give thanks to J.A.C scanlation.

Allen_Walker_14th
02-13-2011, 06:46 AM
Thank you a bunch J.A.C. Group! I appreciate your hard work a lot! And thank you RyneR. for the contribution. The Chapter was great!

Anya83
02-13-2011, 08:28 PM
J.A.C., you're, like, on my short "Cool Guys" list. :cool:

Wuffy
02-27-2011, 01:54 AM
chapter 21 has been translated and is pretty.... i dont know, i mean its good, just i dont want to spoil it in any way lol, but yea the chapter has been translated and is on manga reader at the moment

Allen_Walker_14th
02-27-2011, 04:52 PM
Thank you J.A.C. for the update! The chapter was great! And thank you matias067 for the contribute. The scans were great as always!
I enjoyed the chapter.

darkbenders
03-01-2011, 11:39 AM
*was actually clueless about this chapter.
dont know if im confused or what about what's happening.

YukaNiko
03-03-2011, 08:06 AM
Can those people not see rins tail or something cause they seemed pretty surprised when he showed his flames and stuff, and they've been acting like his tail is normal up until now, maybe i just forgot something that was said in an earlier chapter or something....

redmoontsuki
03-03-2011, 09:00 AM
arigatou J.A.C. for chapter 22
I never thought ao no exorcists would actually get to be up to date
but I guess I was wrong
best mistake ever!

and rin's tail
maybe they though it was a toy
kids these days
then again those snake girls looked a bit demonish
must of though it was a side effect to some exorcists technique

earthforge
03-03-2011, 08:24 PM
It's as Kamiki said, there are many exorcists with demon ancestry. Rin having a tail/pointy ears/sharp teeth just implies he has demon ancestry. Exorcists look at him funny since it's odd such a kid would leave his tail in the open.

It's the fact Rin has the blue flames that messes everything up.

Allen_Walker_14th
03-03-2011, 08:54 PM
That was so exciting
as always I say!

Thank you J.A.C. Group for the scans, translations, edits, and the countless hard work you put in for the chapters. And RyneR. for the contribution! The chapter was really great. I'm excited for the next one!

blyu-dono
03-03-2011, 11:30 PM
Anyone know where i can view the chapter 23 raws?

darkbenders
03-04-2011, 11:12 PM
aghhhhh. what the hell's up with ryuji???? he makes me sick,
he's always on rin just because he's the son of satan., -.-

earthforge
03-05-2011, 01:27 AM
To be fair, if a guy who declared he was going to kill someone said for you to make up with your father, and you find out that that someone is that guy's father, you'd be disgusted too.

But Rin was really angry because he was seeing a repeat of him and Shiro, and Bon just didn't get it.

There's gotta be something more to they eyes than them emitting more miasma.

Ursigor
03-10-2011, 11:24 AM
I wonder if something like a "REAL" Story starts, one Day...

A clear, oversightly Story with a clear good Party and a bad Party...

It still looks like me like the Autor's just didn't know what they want to make for a Story with Blue Exorcist...

skeletinjsh
03-10-2011, 02:19 PM
Such a funny chapter! Ao no Exorcist always has a good...no- excelent sense of humore!
I just loved this bit:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c023/14.html

Um...this manga comes out only once a month right?

earthforge
03-10-2011, 03:35 PM
ursigor: Maybe, but at the moment, Rin's too weak for a story like that.

Plus, I like AnE for the steady increase in plot relevance. At the beginning, from chapter 2 to 14, it was focused on introducing the characters and key points about them. Now we're in our first arc, the Kyoto arc. My point being, AnE's ramping up slowly.

skel: Yup, though there are to bangaihen (specials) that have yet to be translated. Expect chapter 24 sometime next month, because sala-san has caught up with all the Japanese chapters;

Anya83
03-10-2011, 07:42 PM
Such a funny chapter! Ao no Exorcist always has a good...no- excelent sense of humore!
I just loved this bit:
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c023/14.html
Speaking of this page, in the bottom right panel Yukio looks surprised. It's probably because Rin took his disapproving words so calmly, especially for him. Or because Rin's ears dropped - yeah, I found it funny too :p

Um...this manga comes out only once a month right?Yup. But there was no scanlations for a couple of months and only recently the new translator did all of them in very short time. So the next chapter comes out next month.

Allen_Walker_14th
03-11-2011, 12:00 AM
So many updates! Thanks J.A.C. Group for the hard work you put into translating, editing, cleaning, and probably other work you do that none of us know about. I appreciate the updated chapters a lot! And thank you a lot RyneR., if it weren't for you, we wouldn't get any of the chapters.

Anya83
03-13-2011, 07:08 PM
So... what do you guys think the request is? Something like a mission? Or maybe telling Bon his father's story?

earthforge
03-14-2011, 12:26 AM
If it was something Tatsuma wanted to say to Bon, he'd do it on his own.

I believe the request has something to do with Kurikara and Shiro.

Anya83
03-19-2011, 04:00 PM
Shiro's dead, Kurikara's Rin's, so no idea where it could go from here.

I think the key to Tatsuma's secret is in the thing that cured his wife and other monks. The sick were suffering from the same boils that miasma produces. Tatsuma cared deeply for them, personally and as the next ossama, he thought the temple should be able to help them. Tatsuma's father's method was to pray and he didn't even want to hear about any other. So Tatsuma prayed, as it was the only way he knew that could possibly work. Then Shiro appears, sent there by Mephisto. Not long after that people are cured, Tatsuma befriends the guy who took kurikara, and the Blue Night happens which Tatsuma survived supposedly by praying. To this day Tatsuma keeps saying that rituals are very important, but at the same time, he thinks of something different.

So, what does he trust in? What saved his family, friends and possibly him too? Was that the rituals? Or something that Shiro brought with himself?

earthforge
03-20-2011, 02:43 AM
I wonder if there was a deep friendship between them, though. I don't think that they hated each other, but I wonder how close they actually were. (I assumed Tatsuma called Shiro "Fujimoto-kun" out of respect for the dead. They don't have to be that close for Tatsuma to ask for Shiro to watch over.) But I don't doubt they met again after that. Something had to change Tatsuma's opinion of Shiro from the worst person who happened in his life to an honorable person.

I wonder if that ritual saved his wife actually. From what we've seen, Shiro interrupted the ritual and took the key item - the Koumaken. I believe something else saved everyone and protects the people in the temple to this day (think about it - why was everyone suddenly getting sick back then when they were farther the Eye, and yet now people can be around it without a problem?)

I think the Temple has some secret that is entwined with another demon, possibly even Satan. Why? Because Satan killed all the monks in this Temple; perhaps it wasn't merely for kicks. Because the flames went wild at the homa-madala and Tatsuma controlled them with an unheard-of incantation. Because the ritual that Shiro interrupted involved those same flames. What is the only demon we know of that has an entrenched connection to flames?

I think Tatsuma feels trapped, and that resigning himself to his duties is all he can do. He just doesn't want Bon to live the same life he has had.

Anya83
03-20-2011, 11:20 PM
I too think they were saved by something that came with Shiro (and Mephisto). But I'm not sure if the reason for their sickness was the Eye... They sounded like they didn't know the cause. It could be a demon or something that was also the reason why many demons were surrounding the temple.

That theory about the flames being satan's - it's interesting, but was it ever said that they were blue? They could be part of symbolic ritual or protective barrier.

Enthusiastwhoinvents
04-03-2011, 07:37 AM
Clearly you must be blind to make such a foolish remark..Blue Exorcist has a story and its plot is setting itself up as I speak..it takes time and effort to build a plot..why people don't understand this is beyond me.

Midiala
04-03-2011, 03:57 PM
Does anyone know when the next scanlation for the manga will be ready?

earthforge
04-04-2011, 01:18 AM
After the chapter in Japan comes out, which is on April 21 due to the tsunami and earthquake.

Kimoya
04-29-2011, 12:10 AM
Chapter 24 is out! :D

Bon's Daddy better kick that guy's arse D:<

Thearux
04-29-2011, 12:16 AM
Chapter 24 is out! :D

Bon's Daddy better kick that guy's arse D:<

me too.
Man, I keep thinking, the "dad" of rin is awesome.

MaggieH
04-29-2011, 01:00 AM
Do you mean Satan or Shiro?

I can't wait for the next update...!

static character
04-29-2011, 01:41 AM
did anybody else notice how Bon's father called Mamushi "Houjou-kun"?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c024/7.html

Somewondering_guy
04-29-2011, 02:27 AM
did anybody else notice how Bon's father called Mamushi "Houjou-kun"?

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c024/7.html

I think when someone older refers to younger person with the suffix kun whether being girl or boy it is ok also it is used with experienced people referring to an inexperience person, something like that.

The teacher is a demon in disguise right so cant Rin sense demons or am I misinterpreting something.

DrSunie
04-29-2011, 02:34 AM
... Oh god. This chapter. AMAZING <3

I'm loving Fujimoto even more. His character is just so great. I'm looking forward to more flashbacks with him and exploring his character.

MaggieH
04-29-2011, 02:35 AM
Kun is an honorific that is used after boys' and subordinates names.

I'm learning Japanese so if you need any questions pertaining to the subject you can ask me.

random_me
04-29-2011, 05:54 AM

I'm learning Japanese so if you need any questions pertaining to the subject you can ask me.

Yeah it usualy is but in some cases I've seen kun used for girls as well. It would usualy be someone much older than them as well and it is usualy for kids more so then teenagers or something. Although not always used I have seen its used in anime's and jdrama's before.

darkbenders
04-29-2011, 06:33 AM
nice chapter ^_^
but im quite confused.....
better reread it again later.
shiro's sooo cool! XD

dekpi
04-29-2011, 11:37 AM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c024/21.html

"and get me a lighter while you're at it!"

damn, he looks so badass there, or super cool for someone age 34

Thearux
04-29-2011, 05:27 PM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c024/21.html

"and get me a lighter while you're at it!"

damn, he looks so badass there, or super cool for someone age 34

Yeah, he is cool itself, his relaxed attitude, his badass conduct... just epic.
It was a bit confusing but it was good.

prinssisa
04-30-2011, 01:12 AM
Technically Rin can't actually kill any people or nice demons (like his cat), even when he's in demon mode. There was that time with the ghost kid, and Rin was in demon mode. The roller coaster fell on Shiemi but Rin burned it to ashes. So therefore before Rin's demon mode actually kills anyone, his normal side will come in and stop himself.

earthforge
04-30-2011, 03:30 AM
Er, the plot prevents that. If he ever did kill a friend, that would send this series irretrievably into angst. That just isn't an AoNoEx thing.

Rin is Rin. When he gets bloody-minded, he's almost unstoppable because he's a demon. Demons are designed for mayhem, destruction, schemes, and annoyance.

Shiro is awesome. So is Tatsuma.

Kimoya
04-30-2011, 04:40 AM

Or you could google it :D
lol jking :wow:

But yeah... I think Shiro is freakin' awesome.
I hope we get to see more flashbacks of him (without his glasses :sneaky:)

Bon Bumy
04-30-2011, 02:32 PM
I really liked this chapter. Before I use to think Shiro was a nice, guy who would save everyone no matter what. I mean I knew he was badass but I wasn't sure how badass he was ( cuz you know Satan possessed and killed him).

But this chapter definitely changed my view of Shiro. He is by definition, a supercool Badass. He wanted that sword and he got it. I love that fact that after he healed up everyone, he still wanted the sword and said he was "no saint". I can see a lot of Rin inside Shiro, the only difference is that Shiro is a bit cool headed. But yeah, Shiro definitely is now one of my favorite characters in the manga right now.

As for the bad guy ( I forgot his name), I saw this coming a long time a ago. I knew he was going to do something really bad with the two eyes, and had a funny feeling that the bad guy was actually a demon. I'm glad I'm right.

I can't wait for the next chapter, its going to have a lot of actions with it :>

Anya83
04-30-2011, 07:16 PM
Shiro was cool and badass, but that's only natural. Tatsuma being badass - now that was surprising!

Anyone else thinks that killing the twins could've been the original plan and after Tatsuma said it was evil - Shiro decided to spare the boys?

Still wonder what that request could be. Probably something to do with kurikara.

Khall47
05-01-2011, 10:32 AM
This isn't related to the latest chapter but i just had to come and say how proud i am on this manga :) I remember the day it came out i read it back on onemanga and i instantly fell inlove with it and yesterday i watched the anime... it was just beyond words (thats only 2 episodes and its already amazing). It's by far my favourite manga ever and i remember getting all my friends to read it when it was still unknown and now look at it. I'm so proud (^o^) My little Rin is getting the recognition he deserves ! I hope Ao No Exorcist just keeps getting better from this point on and i have no doubts that it will n_n
OH ! and Kimoya your avatar is by the far greatest thing I've ever seen...took a lot of restraint not to steal it (>o<)

Kimoya
05-12-2011, 02:39 AM
and Kimoya your avatar is by the far greatest thing I've ever seen...took a lot of restraint not to steal it (>o<)
XD XDDDD THANKSSS
I found it on Katou Kazue's site (I think... It was all in japanese)
I love it so much... I keep watching Rin doze off, even though I know it'll just keep repeating itself
:wow:

Oh and I was just wondering.. What's the release status thingy for this manga.. I don't think I can wait any longer -twitch-

KinkyBlood
05-13-2011, 05:58 AM
I seriously can't wait anymore... I need my Rin!!! D:<
ok... i can wait, but... can someone please tell me when they'll update it? I understand it can take time but.... give me a date please? I'm seriously in love with this manga... read it over like 5 times already... watched anime more than 3 times... I can't stop it man x3 It's even worse when I was reading Saiyuki lol >.< (by the way... if anyone knows Saiyuki. Do you know when they'll update the chapters of Saiyuki Blast? D: I know... me crazy. But it hasn't updated since last year... you can understand my pain right? T-T) Well... that's all I really wanted to ask... BUT!!! I got one more thing to say...
... RIN'S TAIL IS ****IN SEXY! ;D You know it's true... lol xD

TacticalFan
05-13-2011, 06:25 AM
The next chapter won't be released in Japan untill sometime early June...

Kimoya
05-13-2011, 09:56 PM

:wow: ...

-commits suicide-

THATS TOOO FARR AWAYYYY (>o<)

KinkyBlood
05-14-2011, 12:11 AM
(*_*) no... omg... nooooooo! ok... i can wait a bit... just gotta distract myself (-_-) thanks for telling :D

IronySandwich
05-15-2011, 02:30 AM
Yeah, the update schedule is slooooow. But on the bright side, when there is an update there's actual substance to it. I'd say in terms of actually advancing the story it moves at about the same speed as most weekly manga.

earthforge
05-15-2011, 02:47 AM
JAC is completely caught up on the scan releases. Ao no Exorcist is just a monthly manga, and the raw comes out around the 4th of every month.

Lucrus
05-17-2011, 08:50 AM
i just started reading ao no exorcist and i noticed something wrong haha http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c012/18.html look at bons fingers.

Anime_Dude951
05-17-2011, 01:52 PM
Wow i didn't see it at first thats pretty messed up 5 fingers and a thumb. :blink: Good eyes.

And his pinky looks long and swollen or something.

KyokoxReino
05-17-2011, 01:54 PM
That's not a finger it's a demon D:

RainbowMagnet
05-17-2011, 06:12 PM
I thought that was because he was moving his hand up and down,

I could be mistaken though.

Inverz
05-17-2011, 07:55 PM
Good eyes there maybe there is more to Bon than we think.

Assassin-X-21
05-17-2011, 09:03 PM
LOL! SIX FINGERS! I can't believe the editors let that slip! XD!

Thearux
05-17-2011, 09:23 PM
LoL, six finger Bon...
Surely a mistake.

Nightmare078
05-17-2011, 09:38 PM
Six fingers!
I didn't notice until I counted my own sadly XD

Lucrus
05-17-2011, 10:00 PM
looks so freaky

Fi baka Safira
05-18-2011, 06:41 PM
Wow.. Mysterious (>o<)

daken
05-18-2011, 10:47 PM
Six fingers!
I didn't notice until I counted my own sadly XD

dude yea me too and then my dad had to teel me that we only have four fingers

prinssisa
05-20-2011, 11:33 PM
Wow... what a mistake for so many readers to miss. How did the author miss that too? Weird.
If it happens again, then Bon really does have 5 fingers and a thumb. Then it'll probably come in handy later when he has to do some exotic more-than-10-fingers-required seal.

Thearux
05-20-2011, 11:37 PM
Wow... what a mistake for so many readers to miss. How did the author miss that too? Weird.
If it happens again, then Bon really does have 5 fingers and a thumb. Then it'll probably come in handy later when he has to do some exotic more-than-10-fingers-required seal.

LoL that would be weird, I have never seen a bigger seal than 10...
Anyway, it was a mistake, or it seems to be one.

Tetsu no Kokoro
05-22-2011, 04:37 AM
OH SHYT.
That's scary as hell.
e A e;
How'd they miss that?
Wtf?

prinssisa
05-23-2011, 01:18 AM
@ Tetsu no Koroko
wow, you actually took lyrics from the opening to put into your signature? I'm kind of impressed that you thought of it. .

Anyways, anyone think that Bon's gonna learn the 'make Rin faint' chant that Shura did? After all, I remember reading that Bon could learn a chant after hearing it once of something. If Bon does learn the chant, then I pity Rin.

Kimoya
05-23-2011, 01:26 AM
omfg seeing that picture made me nearly piss myself LOL
OMG BON LMFAO. Creepy. As. Hell.

This made my day :wow:

Tetsu no Kokoro
05-23-2011, 01:31 AM
@ prinssisa

It happens when you're obsessed.
Plus I think that line is true as hell, don't you?

CaptainCocKnee
05-23-2011, 02:27 AM
I didn't even notice when I first clicked the link :P Had to read Anime Dude's post.

CaptainCocKnee
05-23-2011, 02:30 AM
.....Uhhh.... We have 5 fingers...

darkbenders
05-23-2011, 03:37 AM
the author probably has vision defects! :wow:
or rather forgot to wear glasses :D

HaraKumiko
05-23-2011, 03:11 PM
@ kokoro. XD ILOVE THAT LINE TOOOOOO!!!!!!!! I only Remembered that line in the song...XD(^o^)

oh and this is how I think the convo between the original editors and mangaka went:
OOOPPPS!!! I accidentally gave Bon an extra finger! What should I do?
Don't mind it too much, I'm sure they won't notice.
Really!? Oh ok. That's a relief....I really didn't want to re-draw it after I've already inked it.
Well don't worry I'm sure there won't be a thread on MANGAFOX about it.
You sure?
Absolutely positive.

=p

HaraKumiko
05-23-2011, 03:13 PM
.....Uhhh.... We have 5 fingers...

uh no....it's 4 fingers and a thumb...XD thumb is not a finger...its a thumb.

cecillerec
05-24-2011, 12:51 AM
and shiemi i think is just unsure, kind of? like, whether she should be scared or not

hmm, i think shiemi was just disappointed not knowing about rin being the son of satan. because even though she was very close to the okamura twins, she realized that she doesn't know them very well at all.

ReiXchan
05-25-2011, 02:33 AM
hmm, i think shiemi was just disappointed not knowing about rin being the son of satan. because even though she was very close to the okamura twins, she realized that she doesn't know them very well at all.

I felt like shiemi's tears were for nothing and that she shouldn't have been worried, yes she did know Yukio for some time, but If I'am correct she meet Rin not to long ago. So I don't see the point in her crying because no one told her. I just feel like she hasn't known Rin long enough for it to be a big deal. Plus I want to see a stronger side of shiemi that I believe she is aiming for, I don't want a "weak" or damsel in distress female lead, I want to see Shiemi kick ass, and not sit around yelling peoples name when they get hurt in battle or see her having to be saved most of the time.

cecillerec
05-25-2011, 05:52 AM
I felt like shiemi's tears were for nothing and that she shouldn't have been worried, yes she did know Yukio for some time, but If I'am correct she meet Rin not to long ago. So I don't see the point in her crying because no one told her. I just feel like she hasn't known Rin long enough for it to be a big deal. Plus I want to see a stronger side of shiemi that I believe she is aiming for, I don't want a "weak" or damsel in distress female lead, I want to see Shiemi kick ass, and not sit around yelling peoples name when they get hurt in battle or see her having to be saved most of the time.

i get your point. but still, shiemi has got no companion since her childhood days (aside from her mother and grandmother). anyways, i agree that shiemi shouldn't be weak. i also want her to be strong and kick some demon butts :D

xll Kuroi Tsubasa llx
05-25-2011, 06:03 AM

I actually think Shiemi's tears had basis. I may not really like her as a character but I can understand where she's coming from. Yes, Rin and her did not know each other for a long time. But that doesn't mean that she's not allowed to shed tears for her not telling her about himself. It probably really hurt her because it somehow proved to her that Rin didn't really think of her as a friend from the start (even if it's clear to us readers that the latter likes her a lot) since he did tell Bon/Suguro/Ryuuji from way back that Shiemi was not his friend. You must also take into account that Shiemi didn't really have friends since childhood. The closest friend that she probably had was Yukio and even he did not visit her often so she must have been really lonely as a kid. The only thing that probably kept her as cheerful as she is now is the fact that even though she didn't have any friends, her grandmother was very loving towards her.

And well... think about it. Shiemi was strong in their battle against Neigauz sensei. Her power really helped keep them ALL alive. She was strong when she chose not to go to Yukio when Rin helped out Paku and Izumo and go there and initiate first aid instead. If you look at it, her power sadly isn't meant for kicking ass but for protecting her comrades' asses so I doubt that you'd see her killing demons any time soon. I think people have been really unfair to her recently by saying that she has suddenly become weak. After all, aside from feeling that Rin didn't think of her as a friend, she also probably blames herself a lot for that time when Nii-chan's summoning paper got torn. It's pretty much a really depressing moment for her right now and she really must think she's pretty useless. After all, she never really thought that she was cut out for the Exorcist job. Up until she met Rin, she probably thought that she only had to tend to her grandmother's garden so she really is probably thinking that everyone else is way better than her.

And now I think that Shiemi has grown on me. All this character analysis has surprisingly made me like her myself.

Bamboo1123456
05-25-2011, 08:46 PM
That is so funny Bon is now creepy!!
lol 6 fingers

Kimoya
05-26-2011, 01:15 AM

No, screw that. We all have 5 fingers and a thumb. -tries to make Bon fit in-

:wow:

ReiXchan
05-26-2011, 03:39 AM
I actually think Shiemi's tears had basis. I may not really like her as a character but I can understand where she's coming from. Yes, Rin and her did not know each other for a long time. But that doesn't mean that she's not allowed to shed tears for her not telling her about himself. It probably really hurt her because it somehow proved to her that Rin didn't really think of her as a friend from the start (even if it's clear to us readers that the latter likes her a lot) since he did tell Bon/Suguro/Ryuuji from way back that Shiemi was not his friend. You must also take into account that Shiemi didn't really have friends since childhood. The closest friend that she probably had was Yukio and even he did not visit her often so she must have been really lonely as a kid. The only thing that probably kept her as cheerful as she is now is the fact that even though she didn't have any friends, her grandmother was very loving towards her.

And well... think about it. Shiemi was strong in their battle against Neigauz sensei. Her power really helped keep them ALL alive. She was strong when she chose not to go to Yukio when Rin helped out Paku and Izumo and go there and initiate first aid instead. If you look at it, her power sadly isn't meant for kicking ass but for protecting her comrades' asses so I doubt that you'd see her killing demons any time soon. I think people have been really unfair to her recently by saying that she has suddenly become weak. After all, aside from feeling that Rin didn't think of her as a friend, she also probably blames herself a lot for that time when Nii-chan's summoning paper got torn. It's pretty much a really depressing moment for her right now and she really must think she's pretty useless. After all, she never really thought that she was cut out for the Exorcist job. Up until she met Rin, she probably thought that she only had to tend to her grandmother's garden so she really is probably thinking that everyone else is way better than her.

And now I think that Shiemi has grown on me. All this character analysis has surprisingly made me like her myself.

ah I totally forgot about that (sorry Shiemi >.<) she was strong in that battle. I'm one of those readers who likes the aggressive female lead (assuming Shiemi is the lead female. . .) instead of the sweet one whos mostly used as defense. I think I'm more of a Shura/Izumo person rather than a Shiemi type. :/ It's still early in the manga though so things can still drastically turn around in the end without screwing up the story.

I understand that Shiemi didn't have any friends to begin with (well probably Yukio but she was probably alone as a child before she meet him) but I still didn't feel for her when she was crying about it. I think this is all up to the readers view of things and their way of thinking. I can see how she would be sad/depressed seeing as being kept in the dark probably made her feel even more alone and less like she was Rin and Yukio's friend. It's just personally for me the whole crying thing didn't make me feel for her, it turned me away just a bit more. I don't want to say I hate her character though (way to early for that) I can see that she's trying to become stronger already. So I'll keep my hopes up that I can say wow look at Shiemi or damn she's bad ass XD

earthforge
05-26-2011, 10:29 PM
I agree with KuroiTsubasa. In fact, her character analysis has made me more sympathetic to the character. Well done.

What about when Shiemi slapped herself for getting weepy?

To be fair, when we read manga, we are always shown the strong but bitchy and womanly but weepy stereotypes (e.g. Sakura of Naruto for the first, Orihime of Bleach for the second) , it's easy to think every character will be the same.

giene karel
05-27-2011, 02:07 PM
whoa!!.. that was really surprising!! I have read that part already ..but I totally didn't notice about bon having 6 fingers..!!@_@..freaky>!

papuzka
05-28-2011, 07:57 PM

It depends, in English you have 4 fingers and a thumb (so in total 8 fingers and 2 thumbs) but for example in Polish you have 20 fingers in total (thumbs and toes are also called fingers).

Wuffy
05-28-2011, 09:38 PM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v02/c006/16.html
Upper middle panel.......... when do you think this arc will fall in?

UndercoverWitch
05-29-2011, 10:55 AM
Odd how the mangaka, the editors and all the assistants missed this D:

Rinelle
05-29-2011, 08:47 PM
now that's just creepy o_o; i wouldn't have noticed if you hadn't pointed it out. I'm more of a *flick pages really fast to get the story* kinda person

RealityDistorter
05-30-2011, 12:38 AM
He musta fell into radioactive goo, could explain his hand, weird hairstyle, and his odd personality. He's like a porch light that flicker's constantly, can't tell if he's feelin' friendly, and just seem's like a angry old man all the time.

RealityDistorter
05-30-2011, 12:52 AM
Sure the trio's rage and anger is understandable but that doesn't mean you should instantly condem his son, Rin didn't even know who he really was till the night of his fathers death, how much pain do you think he's feelin' right now? I respect Rin a lot for still being able to put on a smile and push forward considering his position as he is surrounded by countless of enemies, and as for Izumo-Chan, she's not that bad she just has a pretty hard time trusting and getting close to people as you all saw during the very beginning of the chapters it shows a little of her past and everyone made fun of her. With that said I believe Rin, Suguro, and Izumo will forge a pretty strong bond later on because they have all had a rough past regardless. As for Shiemi's case I believe she doesn't hate or entirelly fear Rin but more of rather a bit feeling "betreyed" that this secret was kept from her for such a long time that she has known Yukio and Rin despite it being so important, and thus I believe what she really wants to tell Rin and Yukio is that she doesn't care if they are sons of satan, and that friend's should not keep secrets from one another otherwise are they really friends? how can she trust him if he won't be honest and up front with them?

lemonhead
05-30-2011, 05:26 AM
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v02/c006/16.html
Upper middle panel.......... when do you think this arc will fall in?

Oh yeah, I was wondering about that when I first was blasting through Ao no Exorcist.

I do hope it's covered later on! Izumo's character is growing on me. Initially I didn't like her, but it seems like she has a basis for being a haughty, rather mean person, so I'm interested in seeing her character explored more in-depth.

@RealityDistorter: I also really respect Rin for trying his best to calm things down, but I don't like the trio's reactions, though I can understand where they're coming from. Still, I really, really want Rin to bitchslap them. Hard.

(ohwait that sort of happened already, didn't it?)

...well, I'd still like to see Rin blow up in front of all his friends and scream that they're being rather stupid about the whole situation. Like he told Bon, he didn't choose to be the son of Satan, and like he told Mephisto, he regards Shiro as his real father. So don't judge.

CrystalEcho
05-31-2011, 04:51 AM
Six fingered man... You killed my father... Prepare to die...

klutz123123
05-31-2011, 02:23 PM
XD I didn't noticed that before!!!

Weeeooojr
05-31-2011, 10:04 PM
He's not human either?!!! :O

thatguy3331
06-01-2011, 06:43 AM
I have to agree with everyone else that I don't like the groups rejection towards rin, but lets be realistic here...

rin is the son of the devil, the root of all the evil in the world from their standpoint he could have been faking all of his friendliness towards them and could have been trying to over throw earth. however, I feel that they could have TRIED to understand rin a little better instead of blow him off AFTER his bro explained him to them. I too hope they eventually realize this and they acctually form a stonger bond as a group. some people would call it 'generic' or 'predicibale' but in this kind of situation it just isn't right without it, I'm not going to find it interesting if rin's dragged deeper and deeper into darkness without relyance or help of anyone for the rest of the story(ok maybe if it was just for a arc or so) its just messed up and ultimetly it'll mess up his character drastacly from the rin we know laugh at and care about.

thats my 2 cents on it.

thatguy3331
06-01-2011, 06:49 AM
wow never noticed that...

evilqueen112
06-02-2011, 05:58 AM
This whole scenario is heading right for cliche-ville. I really hope not, because I really like this series. But I smell a rehashed plot and it don't smell good. Now the whole group of friends are probably going to have to stand up at the trial and stop them from killing Rin. I mean I hope they do, but it's nothing we haven't seen before.

No matter what I will still probably like this story. No matter how many times it's played out, I can't help but get sucked in and hell there's a giant kitty in it. What can you possibly find wrong with a giant demon kitty. RAWR.

xela05
06-02-2011, 07:13 PM
Ahh, well... that was a bit creepy :O

kinmik
06-03-2011, 07:47 PM
Six fingered man... You killed my father... Prepare to die...

you stole my line. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

edit: on a related note:
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/jumpdrive/f523077b0d3fdff9f3d613852478f32d124.jpg

cupcake_love
06-04-2011, 06:28 PM
It seems like one by one Rin's friends are accepting him the only one that hasnt fully I think is Bon.

Chickentiger
06-05-2011, 07:11 AM
It seems like one by one Rin's friends are accepting him the only one that hasnt fully I think is Bon.

I think Bon trusts Rin more than Bon thinks he does.
It's not like he has attacked Rin (considering Bon's goal). I think Bon is just torn... but not distrusting.

darkbenders
06-05-2011, 02:31 PM
nah, he's just shy to show his concern for him. :wow:

Ai-Manga
06-06-2011, 08:32 AM
Whoaa..
I Can't Understand This Chapter (20-21) :wacko: ..
*It's Hard To Understand (I Guess)..

That Left-Right Eyes One I Can't Understand..
Can u Guys Explain To Me Please.. :sad:

Wikkelsoee
06-06-2011, 11:28 AM
The Kyoto-branch is guarding the right eye of the Impure King, while the left eye was being guarded in Tokyo. In chapter 20 we see several members of the Houjou family, two from the Shima family and others in a meeting. That meeting has been arranged to unmask the traitor they know is within the Kyoto-branch.
In a flashback we learn that the founder of the Myou Dha sect, Fukaku, defeated the Impure King and took its right eye. The Myou Dha sect was established to protect this right eye.
In chapter 21 we learn that Mamushi is the traitor. 8 years ago she learned that a left eye also existed, and she started to doubt Mephiso Pheles. She also started to hate the most hight priest, Suguro Tatsuma, Bon's father, for merging the Myou Dha and the True Cross Order and for giving away Myou Dha's honzon, the sword Koumaken.

Ai-Manga
06-07-2011, 11:04 AM
Huh ???
What ???
?_?

Gyaaa..
Still Can't Understand..
(>o<)

Wikkelsoee
06-07-2011, 03:48 PM
The Impure King is demon. The founder of Myou Dha sealed it away and took its right eye. The people in the Myou Dha sect is supposed to guard the right eye. Mamushi, a member of the Myou Dha, is a traitor and steals the right eye because she is angry at Mephisto Pheles and the most hight priest, Tatsuma, for hiding the fact that a left eye also exists. She thinks that her old teacher, Toudou, is going to seal both the right and the left eye.

Ai-Manga
06-08-2011, 07:42 AM
Ah..
Got It Now..
*After Read It 7 Times..

Thakns a Lot..
^_^ ..

Lucrus
06-09-2011, 12:15 AM
you stole my line. GET OUT OF MY HEAD!

edit: on a related note:
http://i767.photobucket.com/albums/xx312/jumpdrive/f523077b0d3fdff9f3d613852478f32d124.jpg

holy moly hahaha what manga is that

kinmik
06-09-2011, 08:04 AM
holy moly hahaha what manga is that

pretty sure the character is from school rumble, but as you might notice from her...er...rather "perky" nature, i'm confident it's from a hentai doujin. i wouldn't know. you're welcome to do some *cough* research. XD

kagecat
06-09-2011, 10:20 PM
That's not a finger it's a demon D:

Of course xD It'll show up later~
haha.

anjelleshadow
06-10-2011, 01:16 AM
I wonder if he did that just to see if anyone would notice XD but it was probably just a mistake.

prinssisa
06-10-2011, 02:18 AM
do you guys think that Bon will learn the chant (that Shura used) to make Rin faint?

adarseeno16
06-10-2011, 06:08 AM
nice one men, did'nt notice that., maybe its on purpose or not, how can all of us miss that., hei if anyone finds another chapter were Bon has 6 fingers, tell us immediately,. thanks,..,

zramdeen
06-10-2011, 08:21 AM
Wow, very good catch. Unfortunately though its just a mistake lol ... i even checked hahahah

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v02/c004/26.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v03/c010/38.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v03/c011/22.html
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v03/c011/38.html

KyokoxReino
06-10-2011, 10:27 AM
Who else wants to see Rin kick the Impure King's ass? :p

Tingkait
06-10-2011, 10:54 AM
me!! >.< I'm kinda getting excited on the fact that Rin is starting to be scared of his powers :DDD

KyokoxReino
06-10-2011, 11:06 AM
I hope he gets his confidence back cause if he does, I bet he'll be stronger than ever~

sundjin
06-10-2011, 12:16 PM
anyone else who can sense some kind of speech to rin coming up?

Olenjok
06-10-2011, 12:47 PM
what i kind of can't wait to see is Bon's reaction to....what happened. I mean, he was just told by Rin to "apologize to his dad while he still can"....and well, he did not as far as we've seen, did he?
Also it feels like everyone will soon become a team again and even Bon will make up his mind and like Rin again =D

windyhatter
06-10-2011, 01:25 PM
is the high priest dead? or just fainted.... how will Bon react to thattt?? D:

Fia
06-10-2011, 01:58 PM
I doubt he'll die that easy
Or else all those secrets will be left burried and everyone's gona hate the mangaka if they never get explained
Plus, i feel that if they kill of Bon's dad then the chance for their reconcilliation can't happen...and well then it'll be Rin's situation repeated which would be kinda boring
But i'll bet this is a turning point for Rin for him to suddenly master control and all
Like the moment Bon sees his dad, cries and then Rin breaks out and goes in for kill~

Faraesia
06-10-2011, 02:13 PM
It must have been 4am and the deadline was fast approaching. i dont think anyone could draw that and not notice what they've drawn xD
maybe they drew the hand in the wrong pose, like he was shooting himself with his index, when they realised later they simply added a pinky in there and didnt bother to erase the extra 4th finger. the pinky was rather weirdly drawn, sorta.
or it could be a joke from someone editing the page? :)

xTinXion07
06-10-2011, 02:50 PM
I wanna see Rin kick Impure King's ass XD
Heck, I like the old Rin better. Not hesitating.
Go go go, Rin XD Get yourself together.

And. Yeah, he got stabbed right? But he better just fainted XD He can't die. :O

kagecat
06-10-2011, 04:36 PM
I have a question. When did the Most High Priest get time to write this letter?
And how did he know what was going to happen?
Did he write half of it when he first met Rin and got him to help with the watermelon, and finished it just before he left to go to the Impure King?
If he did, then how the hell did he know that he was going to die and who was behind it?

If it was after that whole ordeal, then is he still alive? And who delivered the letter?

I NEED TO KNOW. >n<

Besides that, I would like to see Rin get over it, but I'd also like to see more of a build up before it happens. I need some people to be put in serious danger before he decides to snap out of it. xD

thatguy3331
06-10-2011, 04:57 PM
this is a really interesting situation and I can't wait to see its turn out! I really wanna see how bon will react to this and want to see rin slice through that impure king like butter!(demon butter! D=<) I think bon's dad is dead though, it looked like he was punctired through the neck and if so he's screwed. but if I'm wrong we may have bon go into a dramatic speech with his father faking to be dead to hear it all XD

chikikuto
06-10-2011, 05:04 PM
Did he write half of it when he first met Rin and got him to help with the watermelon, and finished it just before he left to go to the Impure King?
If he did, then how the hell did he know that he was going to die and who was behind it?

If it was after that whole ordeal, then is he still alive? And who delivered the letter?

I NEED TO KNOW. >n<

Besides that, I would like to see Rin get over it, but I'd also like to see more of a build up before it happens. I need some people to be put in serious danger before he decides to snap out of it. xD

because he is the most high priest so he would know everything could be happen

i surprise Rin lost his confidence o_O

how about Kamiki teaches him to get his confidence back :)) since she always confident about herself or it would be Shiemi help him ? :3

massh0le
06-10-2011, 05:09 PM
I'm assuming that he wrote the letter right after he met Rin. He either wrote it so that his son wouldn't have to carry the same burden that he did or he had a feeling that something like this would happen since someone had already stolen one of the eyes at that time.

☆.Hikari.ai.☆
06-10-2011, 05:41 PM
WOW! unexpected but interesting! Who would have thought the Impure king would eat that thing, and that Rin would be scared?? But I think its okay that Rin is scared, I mean for someone to be confident all the time, that would just be... weird.

pandastew
06-10-2011, 05:42 PM
I wanna see Rin kick Impure King's ass XD
Heck, I like the old Rin better. Not hesitating.
Go go go, Rin XD Get yourself together.

And. Yeah, he got stabbed right? But he better just fainted XD He can't die. :O

Taken from Game of Thrones:

A:"Your hand is shaking."
B:(looks at his hand) "I guess so."
A:"That's good."
B:"How is that good!?"
A:"That means you're not stupid."

Thearux
06-10-2011, 05:48 PM
I'm assuming that he wrote the letter right after he met Rin. He either wrote it so that his son wouldn't have to carry the same burden that he did or he had a feeling that something like this would happen since someone had already stolen one of the eyes at that time.

Yeah, I think that he already knew that would happen.

Nura_Clan_member_Zen
06-10-2011, 06:54 PM
1. Yes! Wee! Watch them jiggle!
2. No! God woman! Buy a decent bra!

Icesky
06-10-2011, 07:10 PM
The Most High Priest was stabbed in the freaking neck, so if he lives then that is some miracle. I like how Rin is less confident, it makes him seem more human.

Thearux
06-10-2011, 07:11 PM
1. Yes! Wee! Watch them jiggle!
2. No! God woman! Buy a decent bra!

A little of both, they seemed yummy, but in some pages were like...WTF.

Thearux
06-10-2011, 07:12 PM
The Most High Priest was stabbed in the freaking neck, so if he lives then that is some miracle. I like how Rin is less confident, it makes him seem more human.

Well a part of him is human...but it is kind of understandable, going in rampage like that...anyone would be scared.

Somewondering_guy
06-10-2011, 07:23 PM
I think she is wearing a top that is a smaller size than her size so it appears like that. Her boobs aren't deformed its just her top. Shurs's boobs are still yummy.

Flower Shins
06-10-2011, 07:40 PM
what I'm hoping is that Rin gets a visit from Izumo in the cell and then the two share some kind of tender moment.XD

But I like the idea of Rin gaining his confidence back courtesy of Izumo.

Thearux
06-10-2011, 08:31 PM
what I'm hoping is that Rin gets a visit from Izumo in the cell and then the two share some kind of tender moment.XD

But I like the idea of Rin gaining his confidence back courtesy of Izumo.

Thats a good idea!

kagecat
06-10-2011, 08:32 PM
That's what boobs do. They squish. xD

Minze
06-10-2011, 09:01 PM
Helped bons father just rins mother when she was pregnant or did I misunderstand something?

juruki
06-10-2011, 09:11 PM
They're not deformed. You do know that if you wear a small bra like that your boobs will "spill out"?

takyume
06-10-2011, 09:19 PM
when I read this i looked through some of the pages, and then I saw Bon have 6 fingers on another Page.

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c012/40.html

But i think it was just a mistake. We will never know~

Kimoya
06-10-2011, 10:10 PM
Oh mannnn chapter 25..
I actually made an awkward squeaky noise when I saw it updated in my bookmarks.
Poor Bon's daddy D:
I hope Rin gains the confidence to kick arse soon :wow:

viper2003923
06-10-2011, 10:10 PM
i also kinda think that pulling something the size of a sword outta the hammerspace in between cleavage will cause some rippling, but its also like everyone else said, her bra's one cup size too small would be my guess xD

Darth_Hawk32
06-10-2011, 10:44 PM
Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm kind of looking forward to seeing her boobs in the anime.

earthforge
06-10-2011, 11:55 PM
Helped bons father just rins mother when she was pregnant or did I misunderstand something?

No, that was Bon's mum in the flashbacks.

Rin being scared is no surprise, that's the very reason that he loses control, so he sabotages his attempts to draw the Koumaken. How can you be confident of yourself when no one, even your family and friends, has confidence in you?

I'm hoping it's Bon and Shiemi that help out Rin since they've got the nastiest hatchets to bury. Then Kamiki, Koneko and Shima can provide support.

Rooting for Bon and Rin awesome friendship moment!!!

soylent_green
06-11-2011, 12:35 AM
Hmmm, he has six fingers on his right hand. Someone was looking for him.

RonaelE
06-11-2011, 12:38 AM
The thoughts revolving in my head at that moment were "What. The. Hell." Those thoughts just kept on sliding by as I stared. It was a bit disturbing at first, but then I realized it was normal for Shura. ಠ_ಠ

Mizz ☆ Applez
06-11-2011, 12:39 AM
They're not deformed. You do know that if you wear a small bra like that your boobs will "spill out"?

Lol. I know right? I can agree with this because this happens to me all the time. I actually noticed her boobs looking that they were trying to escape from their confinement and wondered "why do they look like that?"

Mizz ☆ Applez
06-11-2011, 12:43 AM
Whoa! Super eyes! I didn't noticed that! O.O
Weird though! XD

ReiXchan
06-11-2011, 02:39 AM
Yes I was wondering wtf is going on there O.o.I understand why she may not wear a shirt, but I do wish she would atleast wear the right bra size. I remember one panel her bra looked like they were made for a 12 yr old XD but hey that's fan service for ya. ;D

Flower Shins
06-11-2011, 02:40 AM
Well, the chapter was really interesting. I never knew you could EAT A DEMON.

earthforge
06-11-2011, 04:37 AM
I don't care how they look or what bra size she wears. I've mostly gotten over it. Still, I can't imagine how annoying it'd be to jump around and wave a sword with a small weak bra. Knowing busty women, it's very much a pain to be running around and be distracted by the melons on your chest jumping (but the guys enjoy it - unless your bust is tiny in comparison to your waist.)

Keep with your funny style, Shura! I think I'm starting to like you! :D

KinkyBlood
06-11-2011, 04:55 AM
It ends like that?! D: Damn you cliffhangers!!! And I can't believe Rin lost confidence of himself... understandable, but he's Rin! He's Badass Rin! Dx I hope his bro and Shura help him with that cause i don't think anyone else will right now. So, most likely he has to find his self-confidence himself. ): Poor sexy Rin... And I hope he finds it soon cause I wanna see him kick that Impure King's ass!!! D:< Can't wait for the next chapter ;3

Wikkelsoee
06-11-2011, 02:56 PM
Can't say I really care. Shura's an awesome person and if she likes wearing tiny bras, then I don't see a problem ^^;
And as a woman myself, I must say it's nice to see a woman with curves without it being all about fan-service.

josakura
06-11-2011, 03:26 PM
me too.. didn't notice it.. EWW :&

Kiren201
06-11-2011, 06:44 PM
I kind of understand why's Rin scared of his powers. He was always scared of them, that's what I thin. But back then, he didn't know just how easily he could lost control. Not to mention, he always had someone on his side. First his brother, then Shiemi and rest of class. But since he "ran mad" in front of them, they became scared of him (understandable but still makes you mad at them). Only one who tried to keep his friend was Izumo and Shima. And even Shima was scared (but he still tried! At last!).
And when no one has confidence in you, you lost your own pretty fast... I feel sorry for Rin. He was so happy to have friends for first time in his life. I'm mostly angry at Shiemi. While Rin always helped her (saved her life, really), she left him hanging when he needed help most!

naomy
06-11-2011, 09:34 PM
Can't say I really care. Shura's an awesome person and if she likes wearing tiny bras, then I don't see a problem ^^;
And as a woman myself, I must say it's nice to see a woman with curves without it being all about fan-service.

Umm ..I think that her curves are really all about fanservice and I don't understand why she wears such a tiny bra (more like a bikini top ) it must really be incomfortable and tight around her breast.

ReiXchan
06-11-2011, 09:58 PM
A really nice chapter that answered some questions and created even more questions. I'm hoping to see some nice Bon moments here assuming his dad died, the man was stabbed threw the neck and left for dead. . . Rin losing his confidence is expected this is all still new to him and there's no telling what his powers can really do at this point. I'm sure there will be some sort of long speech from Shura coupled with Rin remembering stuff to get him back on track.

I'm wondering what evil guy (sorry forgot his name, I'll go back and check) motives are, he's did all this just to get the high priest familiar, and poor Mamushi got played. She did deserve it though, hopefully she learned her lesson.

Mizz ☆ Applez
06-11-2011, 10:32 PM
I do! XD
I've been waiting for this moment! I know he's going to regain his confidence back
and then he's in for the kill! That strong-willed personality of his will definitely make him strive through this manga.

Flower Shins
06-11-2011, 11:58 PM
Although it sucks, I can see why Rin'd lose self confidence.

Almost all his frinds deserted him, he's locked up in a cell for something that wasn't his fault, and he might die.

picklesan
06-12-2011, 09:07 AM
i'm used to fanservice but her boobs make me uncomfortable I mean she doesn't have to wear a tshirt or something but whenever I see her and her flabby lumps I wanna slap some clothes on her instead of staring at her boobs if Yoko can look super hot with a fitting bikini why can't she do it OMG SOMEONE JUST GIVE HER A PROPER BIKINI ALREADY D8

SpringyMonkey
06-13-2011, 07:19 AM

I NEED TO KNOW. >n<

I'm guessing that he might have written the letter a long time ago...he says, "My name is Suguro Tatsuma and I am a monk living in Kyoto" in Chapter 23, page 15. (http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c023/15.html) This introduction wouldn't have been necessary had he written it after meeting Rin

kinmik
06-13-2011, 08:32 AM
Umm ..I think that her curves are really all about fanservice and I don't understand why she wears such a tiny bra (more like a bikini top ) it must really be incomfortable and tight around her breast.

i have to agree with you on all counts. i mean, look at the first panel!
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c025/33.html
"go boobies! be free!"
i've worn small bras before, and believe me, it hurts! but for as long as there have been artists oversexing women, there have always been gargantuan boobs and tiny waists hurtling beyond the realm of reality. might as well get used to it.

ririan
06-13-2011, 11:18 AM
I think it's because her bikini top is too small, that's why her breasts are like that. So yeah, they're not deformed.

viper2003923
06-14-2011, 12:54 AM
i have to agree with you on all counts. i mean, look at the first panel!
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c025/33.html
"go boobies! be free!"
i've worn small bras before, and believe me, it hurts! but for as long as there have been artists oversexing women, there have always been gargantuan boobs and tiny waists hurtling beyond the realm of reality. might as well get used to it.

i still maintain that the jiggling/deformation of shuras boobs are from pulling kurikara out of her victorias secret compartment (http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/Ptitleba4e2b2g?from=Main.VictoriasSecretCompartmen t)....

∞yoshiko
06-14-2011, 06:11 AM

Yeah I think that's the case for Shura. Yoko has the same problem but unlike Shura's her bikini top is not as small.

I get that a lot too so it's not such a big deal to me.

viper2003923
06-14-2011, 06:49 AM
i honestly dont think its the bikini top, if you look when shura's first introduced, her top looks exactly the same as the one shes wearing in this chapter....

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v03/c010/2.html

Flower Shins
06-14-2011, 07:49 PM
Well, most of the other characters don't accept him now, because he's the son of Satan.

n0nY
06-16-2011, 01:48 AM
http://oi52.tinypic.com/2n14z1i.jpg

WEED FTW >~<

IchigoKurosaki
06-16-2011, 03:24 AM
i honestly dont think its the bikini top, if you look when shura's first introduced, her top looks exactly the same as the one shes wearing in this chapter....

http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v03/c010/2.html

Man you really need to get your eyes checked the tops shes wearing in the chapter you linked and the one in the most recent chapter are completly different and one is obviously smaller/tighter than the other its obvious just by looking...

jurc61098
06-16-2011, 01:09 PM
hahah WTH!! all o a sudden you posted weed.., LMAO..... nice!!!!

XxMittensxX
06-16-2011, 05:02 PM
Oh mannnn chapter 25..
I actually made an awkward squeaky noise when I saw it updated in my bookmarks.
Poor Bon's daddy D:
I hope Rin gains the confidence to kick arse soon :wow:

That's exactly what I was thinking! Squeaky noise and all XD. How do you think they'll make up with each other? I was hoping the Exwires would be confronted by the Impure King somehow and Rin saves them, getting pretty beat up in the process. Then they realize what jerks they've been and it just goes from there... What do all youguys think?

Wuffy
06-16-2011, 10:09 PM
I know this will make me sound like a troll, but i hope what Mittens said comes true, except that Bon and the rest comes back to him, I kinda want what happened in the exsquire exam, where rin kills the ghoul without them knowing.. in a way. Like example, the entire group gets the shit beat out of em and gets knocked out, rin comes in, gets the shit beat out of him and likewise with the impure king, impure king gets eaten by that one demon dude that eat that one familiar cuz the impure king got to weakened. and the fame and glory goes to yukio and shura by accident........ now that i read about it,.......... thats a bit cliche.. but i hope people know what i mean by that lol.

but yea point is, i want them to actually have a character development then to see a cliche battle where everyone is back together ya know?

Thearux
06-16-2011, 11:23 PM
I know this will make me sound like a troll, but i hope what Mittens said comes true, except that Bon and the rest comes back to him, I kinda want what happened in the exsquire exam, where rin kills the ghoul without them knowing.. in a way. Like example, the entire group gets the shit beat out of em and gets knocked out, rin comes in, gets the shit beat out of him and likewise with the impure king, impure king gets eaten by that one demon dude that eat that one familiar cuz the impure king got to weakened. and the fame and glory goes to yukio and shura by accident........ now that i read about it,.......... thats a bit cliche.. but i hope people know what i mean by that lol.

but yea point is, i want them to actually have a character development then to see a cliche battle where everyone is back together ya know?

I hate cliche battle, I like it more now, people are accepting him by his personality, not by his looks or what he is...
I still hate shiemi though.

XxMittensxX
06-18-2011, 01:02 AM

I even wrote a short, angsty story about it to see how'd I like it if it were to happen. And what about Bon's dad? Think he'll live?

Wuffy
06-18-2011, 04:05 AM
i didn't mean it to be cliche, and i don't know about his dad, i just feel like rin should suffer for, along with bon for they're like "best friends" without it knowing. and i believe they should go through more with each other then just a hey, you beat this guy for us, thank you. but yea, i kinda do wanna see how much rin can take it, and i also wanna see how stubborn bon is to accept that rin is right in many ways

XxMittensxX
06-18-2011, 04:26 AM
Mm, i agree. I was thinking too, how bout we throw in a twist and say Rin is unwilling to accept his friends' forgiveness? Unlikely to happen, but hey, at least it's original. Would be quite interesting.

Wuffy
06-18-2011, 10:28 PM
yea, that would be interesting, like his demon side is somehow controlling him without him knowing after the battle. but it is a shounen manga.. so ima have to doubt it

Tetsu no Kokoro
06-19-2011, 04:11 AM
I really started to hate all of them when they found out Rin was Satan's kid.
"OSHT!! -avoid-"
I mean, wtf? The only normal acting one was Izumo, and she was so bad ass about it. I'm glad she yelled at Shiemi indirectly. Stupid WHORE.
Anyway.
Tch.
:l I really wanted to smack Bon in the face for acting retarded as shit. All of them. -huffs-
Well, now, I really have no idea what the hell is going on when it comes to the left and right eyes, and how in the hell did Bon's papa, my father-in-law, get beat so...quickly. Poor old man...I'm anxious to know what happens next. o 3o!!!

lianraiha
06-22-2011, 06:19 AM
I hope the dead of that guardian had nothing to do with Rin's unability to draw the sword (because the sword have been empty, again *noes!*).

Beizanten
06-22-2011, 10:11 AM
Why do people hate Shiemi. She is very cute and innocent. Beside she doesn't avoid rin because she fear him but rather she is angry at him and herself because he doesn't trust him with her secret, she feel untrustworthy and weak and try to be stronger. The boys avoid him because of fear and hatred for Satan but i don't see people hate them because of that. I wonder, it more because the fan doesn't like shiemi with rin. I think they would make a very cute couple even though I like slash better

earthforge
06-22-2011, 03:59 PM
Shiemi doesn't fear Rin because he's Satan's son, but because of the lack of trust. Mean? Not really. Overthinking much? Yes.

Anyways, what do you think will happen with Toudou? I think he's gone for the moment, but he'll come back. In fact, I hope he survives and becomes Yukio's longtime enemy (since Toudou fiddled with his mind already.)

LanaTheIguana
06-22-2011, 05:56 PM
Dunno about the rest of you, but I'm kind of looking forward to seeing her boobs in the anime.

AHHA YOU'RE FUNNY XD
I'm looking forward to that episode can't wait to see amaimon fight rin <3 !! ;D

anjelleshadow
06-22-2011, 09:58 PM
They made me so angry when they rejected him but I can understand why they did it.

sushi-master
06-23-2011, 05:49 AM
I think the main reason as to why it looks so strange is because there isn't any shading that helps define the curves of her chest with the tight top. It would look a lot better if they shaded the skin that was overlapped by the border of her bra if you know what I mean.

yum562
06-23-2011, 02:01 PM
i think they need to stick w/ drawing boys only....
..her top was f-ed up :/

kogarass
06-23-2011, 08:48 PM
I don't mind it at all. Okay they look somewhat weird most of the time, but hey, boobs are boobs.

Cafunelli
06-24-2011, 02:14 AM
Someone's probably said this already but don't you think Shura looks a little too much like Yoko from Gurren Lagann?
However, Yoko's boobs are bigger...

lianraiha
06-24-2011, 03:51 AM
Shura's bras are cool, but the size are not so cool... *to cover that big one*

oMiiRAGE
06-25-2011, 04:04 PM
wouldn't it be weird for the enemy to see shura's boobs just flop out when she's fighting. it'd be all like

shura: arrgghh!
demon: you're going to die
shura: *sword style w/e lol*
*shura does a butterfly twist*
*boobs flop out*
demon: AHHH BONER.

but uh yeah, her bra's look, a little tight, i guess. sometimes it looks like it has a disease that de-forms the boobs

akka0908
06-26-2011, 05:38 AM
Hmm, I think they're alright? But sometimes I find it weird. The drawing btw~

viper2003923
06-27-2011, 07:30 AM
wouldn't it be weird for the enemy to see shura's boobs just flop out when she's fighting. it'd be all like

shura: arrgghh!
demon: you're going to die
shura: *sword style w/e lol*
*shura does a butterfly twist*
*boobs flop out*
demon: AHHH BONER.

but uh yeah, her bra's look, a little tight, i guess. sometimes it looks like it has a disease that de-forms the boobs

maybe thats why she wears her tops a little tight, to avoid a scene like the above one? xD

adarseeno16
06-28-2011, 02:09 AM
I got your point, but come on, if you think about it, you'll be angry too, for example, someone killed all of your loved ones, then you befriend that murderer's son, how would you feel?? and satan's son, how can you not be angry with that, still I like Rin, and I think Ao no Exorcist is the next thing, because Naruto will be ending soon(hope not).

Penna
06-28-2011, 04:29 AM
How many more chapters do you think this arc has? Because I really want this arc to end and then they can be nakama again..:(..And I really feel sorry for Rin..This has probably been a emotional rollar coaster for him..First, all the nakama talk and than the "WhY iS SaTan's SoN aT ThiS SKool!" talk..(I intentionally spelled school wrong btw..)..And than he losses confidence..I really wanna give Rin a hug..:((

Months seem so much longer when I'm waiting for these chapters to be realised..:/

Thearux
06-28-2011, 02:57 PM
How many more chapters do you think this arc has? Because I really want this arc to end and then they can be nakama again..:(..And I really feel sorry for Rin..This has probably been a emotional rollar coaster for him..First, all the nakama talk and than the "WhY iS SaTan's SoN aT ThiS SKool!" talk..(I intentionally spelled school wrong btw..)..And than he losses confidence..I really wanna give Rin a hug..:((

Months seem so much longer when I'm waiting for these chapters to be realised..:/

At least 5 more.

Summelbaerli
06-30-2011, 12:08 AM
I actually like this arc a lot. Hardships make characters stronger and just look how they all develop! I think it's getting incredibly interesting and... well, nobody will be able to dislike Rin for long :)
I just hope Shiemi clears up this misunderstanding, it breaks my heart to see them like this.

Penna
06-30-2011, 03:57 AM
I actually like this arc a lot. Hardships make characters stronger and just look how they all develop! I think it's getting incredibly interesting and... well, nobody will be able to dislike Rin for long :)
I just hope Shiemi clears up this misunderstanding, it breaks my heart to see them like this.

YES~ I love developing characters.. Shima has entered my like-list when I didn't really care much for him before..
And I agree,who could ever hate Rin that long?..:P
I also believe she should step it up and apologive,since Rin didn't really do anything wrong.. Although they havn't really talked to each other at all this arc, I really like this page for some reason..:) http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/19/7

earthforge
06-30-2011, 04:31 AM
I think they should apologize to each other. People chew Shiemi out for being a pushover, it'd stink to fuel that fire. So I think that Rin should apologize first and she should apologize a little (and then they go out and kick the Impure King's ass along with Kyoto trio, Kamiki and Takara!)

Musry
07-01-2011, 01:37 AM
I think they should apologize to each other. People chew Shiemi out for being a pushover, it'd stink to fuel that fire. So I think that Rin should apologize first and she should apologize a little (and then they go out and kick the Impure King's ass along with Kyoto trio, Kamiki and Takara!)

I think they should go out and fight the Impure King first and then apologize. Because during the fighting, something like Rin's flames protecting someone could provoke them to apologize to Rin in the realization that Rin is in fact a good guy.
Buuuuut That's just me.

relory
07-01-2011, 02:44 PM
Maan, I feel bad for Bon now. If his dad dies, he'll be just like Rin who didn't get the chance to make up with his old man for what he said ;_; On the "good" side, this might open up for a make up between Rin and Bon, since they are similar... Is the new chapter out yet? 8D

Razuri
07-03-2011, 09:54 PM
How many more chapters do you think this arc has?

After reading the newest chapter, the action is going to start in the next one, so that'll probably be the climax. If not, then the next one after that is the climax for sure. Then they'll take another chapter to wrap up the arc.

So it'll probably be two or three more chapters, although I don't know if Toudo will go down as well. Hmm....

earthforge
07-03-2011, 11:50 PM
I bet Toudou will be bouncing around as a villain for ~10 chapters. I hope Yukio is the one to take him out, since that'd be poetic (as Toudou mindscrewed him.)

Razuri
07-04-2011, 03:38 AM
Yeah, I would have some more respect for Yukio if he was the one to take him out for that. I just hope he doesn't suffer from a blow, since....
....after hearing that Rin was supposed to get executed, he kind of started shaking and left for the rest of chapter 26. I really hope Toudou didn't get to him. =/ I don't think he's villain-enough material to be Big-Bag of the series, so I can see him being in perhaps one more arc, but I hope he goes down soon.

KeinoH
07-06-2011, 10:23 PM
Chpt 26 is out!!!!(^o^)>~<
http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/26

thatguy3331
07-06-2011, 10:48 PM
Yay they finally made up with rin! sorta... well now Rin can kick some ass! Can't wait for the next one!

also I like how sheimi was able to get rin out, I'm not a fan of any particular pairing but that was a nice scene

Penna
07-06-2011, 11:00 PM
Great Chapter!

And your uselessness was very useful Shiemi..:P but I wonder why she can't use Nii anymore..:( I miss Nii, he's awesome.. Anyway, I'm happy they made up..And I loved the hug aswell :)..And now Rin's back in action..:D I guess there'll be alot of fighting next chapter..Cant wait!:D

kirche
07-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Finally Shiemi did something good. I truly hated the reason why she stoped talking to him, and it's going to take a lot of good actions before i like her again ^^

Right now I'm worried about Yukio. I just hope he doesn't do something drastic like go against the Vatican...

funnyweirdgirl
07-06-2011, 11:41 PM
i am happy they made up, but damnnn are they all dumb for getting mad at him in the first place, especially shiemi, but i guess they all redeemed themselves in this chapter although it was obvious they were going to make up but at least it wasn't too much of a sappy scene.

Jay ★
07-06-2011, 11:48 PM
I don't think the story would've worked out well if they hadn't got mad at him. It was a point of character development for all 3 (Bon, Shiemi and Rin). After this I'm guessing Rin will be able to accept who he is more and gain his confidence back.. which was what I was hoping for :B
Tbh the angst was worth it for me. I really loved this chapter.

funnyweirdgirl
07-07-2011, 12:10 AM
very true, the story did work out well cuz they got mad at rin.

Razuri
07-07-2011, 01:44 AM
Wow I felt so bad for Shiemi, he didn't freeze her because she was too weak to be considered an enemy D8 That was the only bit I didn't understand when I read it in Spanish, but otherwise I thought the translation was OK.

I can't get over the little hug bit, maybe its because Rin was crying a page before, it was so tear-jerkery. ;_;

aigomorla
07-07-2011, 01:45 AM
LOL for being the strongest prison, that didnt last too long against a full bloated over confident rin.

hihi3453
07-07-2011, 08:20 PM
yay rin is free and he made up with everyone
good job shiemi you made ur self useful

relory
07-07-2011, 08:58 PM
So happy at the reunion (and the Shiemi/Rin moment was adorable :3)

BUT - is anyone else here worried about Yukio?? D: He behaved.. strangely? I just have a really bad feeling... :S

Razuri
07-07-2011, 09:25 PM
BUT - is anyone else here worried about Yukio?? D: He behaved.. strangely? I just have a really bad feeling... :S

Me too 8( He looked like he was in shock.

LadyInsecure
07-07-2011, 11:39 PM
Guess I'm going to make myself unliked... I think that Rin x Shiemi moment there was... bad.

When everyone found out about Rin being the son of satan it were Izumo and Shima to stand by his side - and Shiemi clearly didn't. I really don't care if that's suppossed to be her truly-oh-so-cute-insecure side, but to me she seemed scared. It's not even as if I think that itself is bad or anything like that, it has some kind of reason after all.
But now she just comes around pulling a 'How can you even think you're scary?'-moment. Pretty implausible. She was scared herself, and now she's the one to tell him he's not scary. Sucks big time.
But it's such a stereotype it was sure to happen. There always has to be the little cutie, innocent, completly lovable angel to pick the insecure hero up. I think any other character would have worked better and would have been worlds more interesting (and just as much effective regarding the result).
The whole scene screamed 'You have to like Shiemi! She's so cute, sooooooo~ cuuuuuuuuu~ute!' - I hate it when mangakas do that. No, I'm not going to be okay with her being useless 99% of the time just because she gets an 'I'm awesome'-moment completly out of the line once. Ugh.

Bitching aside... I think Mephi and Shura were awesome as always, and Bon was very hugable in this chapter too. Loved what he said to Rin <3

And yes, very worried about Yukio... but I thought he went to the battle field against the impure king for now. In the last big picture you see someone holding a gun, and by now that's usually Yukios role. And it's between all the other picture from there with people seen fighting. Oh, well, with one exception, being that hand with the blood on it, but I thought that was the dead high priest...

chinonamida
07-08-2011, 12:18 AM
(I'm not a shiemi fan and I'm NOT a rinXshiemi fan)
but shiemi was never scared of rin ... she said it loud and clear the first time she talked to him after she discovered he was a demon. she was scared of being to weak and therefor unworthy of her friends trust (and for good reason because she kinda is).
izumo- we cant say much about her true felings but if we consider what we saw, she just acts on logic.
shima- hes just carefree and always take the less troublesome way. and he was the only one who completly didnt wanted to go save rin, he didn't wanted to go against the vatican orders and ... he was also scared to go against his brother order TT
koneko-meu (I dont care)
ryuuji-he looked pretty damn scared all along, but if we rely on what him and shima said in the last scene. it was seemingly an act to cover his true problem: he was angry rin didn't told him ... (the same reason for shiemi anger btw ... but instead of crying and being scared he's not trust worthy ... he look at it as; rin's not trust worthy so I'm gonna sulk him)
(but I must admit that bon his really a ...interesting guy)

edit: koneko- he was scared (thats about it)

earthforge
07-08-2011, 12:19 AM
Haha, Shima was actually anti-Rin to begin with. Izumo was the only one who really didn't give a shit from the get-go.

Agree mostly with chino here. Shiemi was never against Rin, she was just wrapped up in rationalizations. She was obsessing over her own fears and insecurities, that's why she mentally slapped herself after she did the whole "we love you, let's go kill the Impure King". If there's something to dislike about her, that's it. She was being very selfish. But thankfully, she got over it and gave Rin a hug (because man, in just about 6 months he learned he was a demon, his dad died, his brother threatened to kill him, his half-brother caved his face in, his friends got scared of him, and then he's on the cutting block? That's hugging time.)

I found it funny how it was completely a gesture a friendship, though Rin freaked when he noticed that she was kinda close to him.

chinonamida
07-08-2011, 12:56 AM
Chpt 26 is out!!!!(^o^)>~<
http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/26

by the way guys
I just looked at the translation and ... sorry to tell you but youre missin a page

edit: and the overall translation is kinda bad ... ok I dont want to insult any hard worker ... but still

LadyInsecure
07-08-2011, 01:49 AM
@chinonaminda
"Why are you laughing as if there's nothing strange about it?"
You can't call that telling him she isn't scared - she's telling him directly that he is strange. That was the first thing Shiemi said to Rin after he appeared as a demon.
Next thing was that he asked "Still afraid of me? Want me to apologize?" - and she did answer "No", but "no. I don't want to you apologize." So when did she tell him she wasn't afraid?
Afterwards she's all like 'don't know what to do' and doesn't even manage to say hi to him. And although she says the same about 'being not good enough for Rins and Yukios trust' she does manage to act a lot more normal towards Yukio. Where's the difference between Rin and Yukio coming from then?
If you feel so much better about it, then say she was insecure in regards of Rin. Rin, and if I remember correctly not Yukio.
She didn't know how to handle him and that is pretty much a sign of being scared or cleary unaware how to handle someone. Than put it like that: she didn't know how to handle him and out of the blue even seemed to know how he should handle himself. Nothing better.
Her own fears and insecurities for some strange reason just affected by Rin and not by the others? Given how blind towards love she is I really don't see another reason for this then Rin being a demon.

Really, Bon and Shiemi having the same reason for their anger? Sure, Rin had a secret from Shiemi. But she doesn't have any connection to it. Bons father was killed by satan and Rin knew it and still didn't tell him. That's by far worse in trust-relation. Keeping a secret may show that you have no trust in someone, but Shiemi has no 'personal connection' to satan while Bon does.
And Bon didn't act afraid on purpose or anything (although he honestly was partly too I think), he got pretty angry when Izumo called him a coward and said that wasn't it. He just didn't want to talk to Rin, and he has his reasons, that are covered by a whole back story while Shiemis is just 'I'm so useles....'. That's pretty much a difference.

Haha, Shima was actually anti-Rin to begin with. Izumo was the only one who really didn't give a shit from the get-go.

Aww, would you tell me what's so funny, so I can laugh a little aswell?<3
Anti-Rin? Erm, when exactly was that? When he was the only one talking to him in a normal way?
When he said Kone he shouldn't act like that towards Rin? When he came up to talk to Rin when noone else did while he never cared before? Sure, he started out with no connection to Rin, you know, that happens when you don't know someone. And I really can't remember if Shima disliked Rin in the beginning or what not. And who cares if his latter behaviour is just due to him being easy-going. He acted towards Rin like he did towards any other human. That's worth much more than someone sitting in their corner doing nothing.
And Izumo just didn't 'give a shit', mh? Oh, of course, that's why she told him about other people being half-demons too, that's why she told him 'you're nothing special' when he was afraid of being different, that's why she bothered to be the one starting the talking at all while she usually doesn't. How much of an indifferent bicth she is~ (and yes, that was irony).

Shiemi was never against Rin

Oh, it's so nice you're telling me that. Would be even nicer if you just told me where I asserted that~
Being scared of someone doesn't mean at all you're against them. Shiemi did like Rin all along, she might have wanted to help him, blabla, that's not the same and doesn't go against one another *shurgs*

Penna
07-08-2011, 02:16 AM
Guess I'm going to make myself unliked... I think that Rin x Shiemi moment there was... bad.
Really? I thought it was GREAT!:D

Anti-Rin? Erm, when exactly was that? When he was the only one talking to him in a normal way?
When he said Kone he shouldn't act like that towards Rin? When he came up to talk to Rin when noone else did while he never cared before? Sure, he started out with no connection to Rin, you know, that happens when you don't know someone. And I really can't remember if Shima disliked Rin in the beginning or what not. And who cares if his latter behaviour is just due to him being easy-going. He acted towards Rin like he did towards any other human. That's worth much more than someone sitting in their corner doing nothing.
Actually, I think that Shima was treating him the worst of all of them..<3http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/17/13
"Just treat him like an untouchable idol statue"
That's worst than treating him like a human being...And he says that RIGHT INFRONT OF HIS FACE
http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/17/12
He even gives Neko-chan advice on how to ignore him..RIGHT INFRONT OF HIS FACE
Sure he makes up for it in the end, to say that he's been such a good friend..Is crazy..:D

When everyone found out about Rin being the son of satan it were Izumo and Shima to stand by his side - and Shiemi clearly didn't. I really don't care if that's suppossed to be her truly-oh-so-cute-insecure side, but to me she seemed scared. It's not even as if I think that itself is bad or anything like that, it has some kind of reason after all.

No one has said ANYTHING about her truly-oh-so-cute-insecure side:D

The whole scene screamed 'You have to like Shiemi! She's so cute, sooooooo~ cuuuuuuuuu~ute!' - I hate it when mangakas do that. No, I'm not going to be okay with her being useless 99% of the time just because she gets an 'I'm awesome'-moment completly out of the line once. Ugh.

It seems to me that you just dislike Shiemi..:)..Since you completely ignore the fact that she's been as useful as any other character in this manga..And apparently you dislike cute characters because that's the only thing you've said about her that's correct..She IS really cute..:D

But now she just comes around pulling a 'How can you even think you're scary?'-moment. Pretty implausible. She was scared herself, and now she's the one to tell him he's not scary. Sucks big time.
But it's such a stereotype it was sure to happen. There always has to be the little cutie, innocent, completly lovable angel to pick the insecure hero up. I think any other character would have worked better and would have been worlds more interesting (and just as much effective regarding the result).

Sure she probably thought he was scary..But than she saw for herself that he wasn't here:
http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/17/29
http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/17/30
She even tries to stand up for him here:
http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/17/31

And the reason why Rin lost his confidence was because he thought he'd burn people..But because Shiemi already experianced it, she was the perfect person to tell Rin that his flames don't harm people..And that he wasn't scary..NOT BECAUSE SHE'S CUTE WHICH YOU KEEP TRYING TO PUT OUT THERE!!..:DTHE END!!:D

Sorry to interupt your conversation, but the way you were bashing Shiemi really started to annoy me!:D..Sure, she's cute, but you don't need to highlight that in EVERY POINT YOU MAKE!!:).. FIN!!:DD

LadyInsecure
07-08-2011, 02:48 AM
@Penna

I'm not making him out to be a saint, and even said his behaviour might just steem from being laid-back instead of anything idol-like, higher believes or what not. Just that for Rins case it doesn't matter what it comes from. It's just pretty clear he wasn't 'anti-Rin'. I'm not going to talk away how he was the only one still not knowing why he even ended up saving Rin, while he didn't really want to. But that's not even in direct coherency to what I wanted to get at in that post above.
And everyone else was like 'Uh, not you now' right INFRONT OF HIS FACE just as much. So what?
And sorry, but I really won't say I'm crazy. I'd rather say it's funny being called that because I see this things from a complete different angle and try to explain why I do.

That's worst than treating him like a human being...

Sorry...? Treating Rin like a normal human would have been what Rin wanted and what would have been best. You wrote it as if 'treating him like a human being' was something bad...? I'm sorry if I just don't get what you mean by that.

And Shima says before this that Kones behaviour is too much - because he shows clear signs of disliking/fearing/whatever-you-want-to-call-it when they meet Rin in that train. Shima tells him to better ignore him -you really think that's worse than showing someone you think of them as a monster? Well, I'd rather be ignored then, really.

Edit:
Okay, so... what? She realized his flames didn't hurt her. Did it change her behaviour afterwards, like acting towards him the way she did before again? Nope.
And yes she defends him. Again, I never said she didn't.
If she's afraid of him that doesn't mean she hates him now, despises him, wants him shut away, wants him gone, wants to never see him again, wants him to apologize... jeez, what's that suppussed to have to do with one another?
But I already stated that above.
I'm not trying to say 'Shiemi is such an aweful character' or anything like that. I think this scene was way to chliche for me to enjoy it and that it wasn't pulled off really good - since there are things in the way Shiemi was presented before that didn't fit together for me. And I'm not even forcing you to agree, I just said before I think she seemed scared - and defended it then when someone laughed about it.

chinonamida
07-08-2011, 02:55 AM
what? ya givin me orders!?
sigh, anyway
lady
-exactly he has a strange characteristic that she had wanted to be told of
if your friend tells you he got an incurable desise and hes gonna die in two months and then laugh
you'll be most likely to tell him: why are you laughing as it is nothing? why didn't you told me sooner?
(then you'll probably realise that you nor him cant do anything about it so ... ok
but still shiemi was slow to realise that and FINALY began to care for what he must feel)
-http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c015/7.html
rin"dont tell me ya still find me scary"shiemi"youre wrong"
-she acted stupidly cause she was too busy being selfcentered
-I dont remember her talking much to yukio either.
-you can be unable to handlesomeone without being scared of that person!
-theres a difference between not being sure about how to act with someone
and just sayin to a suicidal person not to give up on life
anyway thats precisly the scene where she realised her mistake and move on
-well I'm sure she feels weak and unworthy towards the others too but specialy towards rin cause hes got some pretty severe issues which she has NO WAY of helpin it
-the reason is: she likes yukio
-well it sure make the secret worst towards bon but the basis is the same: rin hiding something important
-he didn't act scared cause he planned to, its his closed attitude that make him do it
[I love this manga because the character acts on whim and even contradict themselves some times ... thats just realistic
in most stories character always talk their mind perfectly as the writer stayed 2 hours above his desk working a 2 minutes dialoge]
so sure it wasnt it but it sure was what he let seen

sodapops
07-08-2011, 02:59 AM
[QUOTE=Penna;6984289]Actually, I think that Shima was treating him the worst of all of them..http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/17/13
That's worst than treating him like a human being...And he says that RIGHT INFRONT OF HIS FACE
http://www.mangareader.net/ao-no-exorcist/17/12
[FONT="Tahoma"]He even gives Neko-chan advice on how to ignore him..RIGHT INFRONT OF HIS FACE
Sure he makes up for it in the end, but to talk about him like he's been a saint this whole time..Is crazy..:/

That's not quite right, Konekomaru was making a big deal about having to be near the son of satan and all Shima was clearly doing was to downplay the situation in order to calm his friend down (the one he had an actual connection too). Shima didn't really have much of a relationship with Rin before the big reveal. Their friendship kinda started afterwards.

LadyInsecure
07-08-2011, 03:26 AM
@Penna

Again: I never meant to bash Shiemi (and I didn't. Bashing really something else than that). What I wanted to point out about that scene is how it doesn't work out for me - this special scene shown in the manga. And actually the last chapters were pretty much about portraying Shiemi as 'useless' - since she lost Nii, if I remember correctly. Before she was pretty much the most useful member fighting wise I guess.
And again no, I don't dislike cute characters in general. I don't have a thing for or against a certain character type, since it always depends on how this type is used in a series.

@chinonamida

what? ya givin me orders!?

Where did I? And why would I to begin with?
I'm generally stating my opinion and getting jumped at because of this - and I try to make it understood, if you don't think so, what would I care about that?

And I'm usually not saying things like this, but I really don't think this discussion makes much sense - and I really don't think you care to hear a real answer anyway, "sigh".
Just some things: it was clearly obvious Rin didn't laugh out of fun. The fact how he is satans son can hardly be compared to an incurable disease and having to die because of it. I'm not even accusing Shiemi of being self-centered (since I think she's not). I said that the way she is portrayed doesn't fit together for me. And why was Shiemi then unable to handle Rin? Nice to just say 'there is something'. Where is that suicidal thing even coming from? Shiemi likes Yukio? And you know because of what? Shipping-tease is usually not poured in for things to be crystal clear.

So that's about it. You could have just refrained from reacting to what I wrote if it was that annoying to you or whatever. You're acting as if I was spaming around this thread threatening you to just buy everything I write *shurgs*

Penna
07-08-2011, 03:28 AM
Sorry everyone, I edit my posts alot so I'd wait a while before you reply :D

@Penna

I'm not making him out to be a saint, and even said his behaviour might just steem from being laid-back instead of anything idol-like, higher believes or what not. Just that for Rins case it doesn't matter what it comes from. It's just pretty clear he wasn't 'anti-Rin'. I'm not going to talk away how he was the only one still not knowing why he even ended up saving Rin, while he didn't really want to. But that's not even in direct coherency to what I wanted to get at in that post above.
And everyone else was like 'Uh, not you now' right INFRONT OF HIS FACE just as much. So what?
And sorry, but I really won't say I'm crazy. I'd rather say it's funny being called that because I see this things from a complete different angle and try to explain why I do.

The problem is, you made it sound like he was acting like Kamiki since the beginning..He was "anti-Rin" in the beginning.. It took a while before he finally talked to Rin..Well he was forced to..But now nobody is anti-Rin soo..yeah..

Sorry...? Treating Rin like a normal human would have been what Rin wanted and what would have been best. You wrote it as if 'treating him like a human being' was something bad...? I'm sorry if I just don't get what you mean by that.

I meant that he didn't treat Rin like a human being..He treated Rin like he wasn't even there..Sorry if I confused you:)

And Shima says before this that Kones behaviour is too much - because he shows clear signs of disliking/fearing/whatever-you-want-to-call-it when they meet Rin in that train. Shima tells him to better ignore him -you really think that's worse than showing someone you think of them as a monster? Well, I'd rather be ignored then, really.

I don't really see how purposely ignoring him like he's a monster is better than fearing him like a monster because it's still treating Rin like a monster..:) I don't really see how that justifies his actions either..:/

Okay, so... what? She realized his flames didn't hurt her. Did it change her behaviour afterwards, like acting towards him the way she did before again? Nope.
And yes she defends him. Again, I never said she didn't.
If she's afraid of him that doesn't mean she hates him now, despises him, wants him shut away, wants him gone, wants to never see him again, wants him to apologize... jeez, what's that suppussed to have to do with one another?
But I already stated that above.
I'm not trying to say 'Shiemi is such an aweful character' or anything like that. I think this scene was way to chliche for me to enjoy it and that it wasn't pulled off really good - since there are things in the way Shiemi was presented before that didn't fit together for me. And I'm not even forcing you to agree, I just said before I think she seemed scared - and defended it then when someone laughed about it.
She never really had the chance to talk to him to apologize or to act normal around him..They were busy saving lives..I'm sure if she had the chance she would of done something..LIKE SHE DID THIS CHAPTER..BOOYAH!:D
And yeah, it seemed like you were bashing her..Saying she's a 99% bag of uselessness is bashing her.. and it seemed like you were also bashing her because she was cute also..:)
You think the scene is cliche, and I think the scene was a beautiful work of art!:D We agree to disagree than:D

That's not quite right, Konekomaru was making a big deal about having to be near the son of satan and all Shima was clearly doing was to downplay the situation in order to calm his friend down (the one he had an actual connection too). Shima didn't really have much of a relationship with Rin before the big reveal. Their friendship kinda started afterwards.

He was still ignoring him though!:)
And I agree they weren't really friends to begin with, but now they are, which is why I forgave him for his meaness :) BUT he WAS anti-Rin BEFORE for ignoring him :D

chinonamida
07-08-2011, 04:47 AM
@ladyinsecure
I'm not jumping at you, we are just talking (if you cant take my forthright attitude than, thats too bad for you)
maybe I'm not making sens to you but youre not making any sens to me still I try to understand what you say
but all I see is that you put your emotions in your jugement which prevents you to see this manga clearly
if youre confused about an event or a character its because you dont understand what the author tryed to tell you
maybe some authors are less good at comunicating their mind but their defenitly going somewhere
try to understand her mind and not just look at the pages with your only (and, yes, now I'm giving you orders)
-yes it was obvious he didn't laugh out of fun
-no it cant be compared as a fact. but the point wasn't it, it was the reaction of someone hearing (late) about a friends problem and being frustrated that last didn't share it sooner . . .
-no youre not acusing shiemi of being selfcentered, I am.
-she was unable to handle him, or its better to say she didn't know how to acts towards him, because she felt unworthy of his trust and his friendship ... in that situation you cant just come; hi, whats up?... theres something that needed to be fixed but she didn't know what it was herself, sooo she needed to figure it out before being able to talk to him (in the end she figured out while talking to him, but whatever)
-did you read the last chapter? (no, of course you did) rin was begining to wonder why shirou even bother saving him and he said: ore ha, kono mama, shin da hou ga ii no kamoshiremasen = at this rate, I might be better of dead.
-there's tones of profs that shiemi loves yukio and some profs that yukio loves shiemi but I'm not in the mood to talk about that again so unless you really want me to . . .
-ok shipping tease exist I can give you that, so lets not talk about shippings anymore shall we?

I'm not anoyed, if I where I wouldn't reply to you
and I'm fully aware youre just saying youre opinion TT
(I just dont like youre attitude, but whatever... were talkin on a forum were not married)

edit: sorry for my bad english, I learned by listening so . . .

makie14
07-08-2011, 05:29 AM
i really loved this chapter the part wih rin and shiemi was sooooooooooooooo cute!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

and on another note

ladyinsecure
penna
chinonamida
u guys discussion was interesting! why? idk it was fun to read XD. DONT ASK! NE.

earthforge
07-08-2011, 05:40 AM

Just how I've noticed people claiming that Kamiki and SHIMA were all fine with Rin. Only Kamiki was since she was totally apathetic and logical - Order wasn't killing him and there are many other half demons, so why be concerned?

When he said Kone he shouldn't act like that towards Rin? When he came up to talk to Rin when noone else did while he never cared before?

Er, no. Chapter 19, he only ended up talking with Rin because he got scared shitless because of Rin's alcohol-induced release of flames. He was trying to not talk to Rin throughout the conversation, and was even the one who recommended the Kyoto Trio's policy of avoiding him.

But ultimately, Shima gave up because he realized it was too annoying to ignore Rin.

Oh, it's so nice you're telling me that.

Yes, I live and breathe to make inane little analyses that bring up people's blood pressure. :sneaky:

Being scared of someone doesn't mean at all you're against them. Shiemi did like Rin all along, she might have wanted to help him, blabla, that's not the same and doesn't go against one another *shurgs*

Shiemi wasn't against Rin, it was just herself. She's self-absorbed. So?

As for shipping, Shiemi has a crush on Yukio definitely. Yukio likes her but seems scared to tell her. Rin likes Shiemi, but there's no verification that it isn't just for boobs. Shiemi likes Rin, but clearly at the moment only as a friend.

lukaslines
07-08-2011, 10:35 AM
but didnt rin show his flames to shiemi when that plant demon showed up an took her hostage?

LadyInsecure
07-08-2011, 11:07 AM
@Penna

I don't really see how purposely ignoring him like he's a monster is better than fearing him like a monster because it's still treating Rin like a monster.. I don't really see how that justifies his actions either..:/

But that's what I mant about Shimas behaviour at the beginning - he wanted to calm Kone down, what else could he have said then? There's no sign he thought of Rin as a monster. Kone was behaving like that and Shima did something to make him stop that, he clearly said "Hey Kone, that is too much" when they first see Rin.
Although I guess it's really a matter of opinion and you can interpret this scene differently - saying Shima just wanted to ignore Rin too. Still I think, then he would have just ignored what Kone did to begin with.

And yeah, it seemed like you were bashing her..Saying she's a 99% bag of uselessness is bashing her.. and it seemed like you were also bashing her because she was cute also..

The sentence about '99% of the time useless' was more dedicated to the stereotype this scene falls under. Siemi wasn't useless for long periods of time, but since she lost Nii-san I think it was suppossed to look like she was this later chapters. Just look how this prison in this chapter said she was weak again (although I think that was what Mephi wanted, he wanted them to get Rin out after all...). And I think this scene seems too much like a sudden break .____.
But I agree to disagree here, I never really wanted to 'convince' people to think the same about this scene or something. So it's good if you liked it %D

And on a side note - I really don't have anything against cute characters (although I have to admit Shiemi kind of annoys me in the anime because of that seiyuu she got. I don't like this frail, high-pitched voices a lot of female characters get. I love Lizzie from Kuroshitsuji but her anime-voice got on my nerves just as much >___<).
It's just that I don't like it if mangakas point out very often how a character is suppossed to be seen as cute - I don't really want to explain this in detail since it's kinda off topic, but I think this happens a lot (and a little too often for me) with Shiemi. Besides that, I usually don't mind her character. (and being 'useless' for a set period of time can be understandable and used in character development, so I didn't even mean that as being poor or bad)

@earthforge
Chapter 19?
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c019/13.html
If Shima was Anti-Rin and would have just wanted to leave, he could have gone off without saying a thing. Rin didn't start talking to him, Shima did. And yes he was sitting far away, but Rin was pissed at that moment (although for a reason) and Shima was startled with the actual atmosphere. That Shima felt uncomfortable at that point is pretty understandable since Rin was angry - but he started talking to him normally afterwards anyway. Where is that 'anti-Rin'?(and that term is pretty absurd to begin with). He tried to stay neutral not getting involved with him, that's rather far from it.
Again, I never said Shima was a saint or whatever, but he could have just gone off then. And in contrast to Bon or Kone, he immediatly let go of his fear about Rin after one short chat with Rin that was close enough to 'normal', which the others wouldn't have allowed to happen to begin with.
And he never started the 'Kyoto trios policy of avoiding him'.

That aside - it seems you kinda missed the point of the first comment I wrote. But maybe that happens when you prefer laughing about it before anything else <3

@chinonamida

You're just repeating yourself and it still doesn't answer some of the things I wrote - which wouldn't even be that bad, since again I said part of the things I said are pure subjective impressions *shrugs*
"She felt unworthy" isn't counting as an answer for everything, and she still never reacted like that towards Yukio who hid it from her too and in her thoughts is always mentioned too (let alone when Yukio told them about Rin).
And how is that one sentence said in an actual moment of insecurity and anger suppossed to make him suicidal? Then live with such an 'are you stupid?'-question thrown back at yourself: Do you even know what suicidal means? Doesn't look like it. Of course he was downright frustrated in that scene, and hard to talk to an stuff, but definitly not suicidal.

but all I see is that you put your emotions in your jugement which prevents you to see this manga clearly
if youre confused about an event or a character its because you dont understand what the author tryed to tell you

Of course, so you can keep all of your emotions and anything out to begin with? Know what? - pretty impossible.
And since you probably don't know anything about my emotions (just assuming I dislike Shiemi to begin with because it's the easiest way to hanlde things instead of having to think about them?) that is a judgement you just pretty much twit yourself with.
Oh, and by the way, you aren't forthright or anything like that to my eyes. I actually really like if people are, but you're rather acting as if you had the high ground. Making jugdements like that and talking like 'I know what it's like, it's not just my opnion, it's a fact'. Just look at your Yukio x Shiemi stuff, you seem to think pretty highly of your own impressions (and no, I don't really want to hear your 'proofs' for it if it's going to be like 'she drooled over him seeing him as a teacher' or stuff like that. I'd be interested in actual evidence, but hey, don't stress yourself~).
How come you automatically jumped at the Rin x Shiemi and shipping stuff anyway? You know, I didn't. Just because I say something against a scene involving a character or a pairing doesn't mean I generally dislike them. But yeah, of course it's easiest to talk against someone when labeling them as a hater.
So no, I'm not going to take orders from you just as much as I never meant to give some to you. Should be mature enough to see the difference <3

earthforge
07-08-2011, 04:14 PM
@earthforge
Chapter 19?
http://www.mangafox.com/manga/ao_no_exorcist/v04/c019/13.html
If Shima was Anti-Rin and would have just wanted to leave, he could have gone off without saying a thing. Rin didn't start talking to him, Shima did.

Shima tried to escape. Bon escaped without a word. Koneko excused himself to visit his parents. Shima was excusing himself before he got scared crapless that Rin was dead drunk and had zip control of his flames.

And yes he was sitting far away, but Rin was pissed at that moment (although for a reason)

I disagree, Rin was just dead drunk and shot his inhibitions to hell.

and Shima was startled with the actual atmosphere. That Shima felt uncomfortable at that point is pretty understandable since Rin was angry

Nah, I think Shima was uncomfortable since he was actually talking to Rin in a friendly way when he'd been ignoring him. That's why he was going "heelp" in his mind until he ended up talking to Rin normally. He then realized that he was talking to Rin, so he laughed about how he'd been trying to ignore him, and it was impossible.

So that's why the next day they were on amicable terms, but not before then.

And he never started the 'Kyoto trios policy of avoiding him'.

Um, we can talk to the translator. I'm pretty sure he's the one who said to just ignore him and treat him like an untouchable statue to which Koneko responded Shima you're so cool about this.

That aside - it seems you kinda missed the point of the first comment I wrote. But maybe that happens when you prefer laughing about it before anything else <

Oh c'mon, you're overreacting. I was just chortling that people are thinking Shima was all pro-Rin to begin with, yet I remember the intense hatred towards him and the rest of the trio for doing the ignoring policy. I had to fix some pages regarding that yesterday too. It wasn't direct towards you, just towards a thing I was seeing. Not everything is about you.

I think my model for the situation is more accurate since Shima was avoiding Rin to begin with. And with Shiemi, it's clear it was herself she was mad at, and she accidentally took it out on Rin.

And by the way, chino is arguing pretty well. He's trying to say he's impartial and not taken by the RinxShiemi interpretation of this chapter, but that Shiemi didn't hate Rin.